IGNORED

Exciting Wiitails

The Liberal Elite

People are complaining because the UK price does not reflect the US or even the EU with taxes taken into account, never mind Japan. The US price is roughly £133. Accounting for VAT and rounding up to a nice RRP figure, the UK price should be £160. Never mind, the dollar is ridiculously weak. But we're still paying a tenner more than the rest of the EU, even with our slightly lower tax rate. And they're bundling in a game which frankly will not hold much interest in singleplayer, yet extra controllers are a fucking rip-off. It'll be a minimum of £210, if not £220, to get a game that'll hold sustained interest beyond a few days, what with retailers being loath to offer the usual discounts on launch hardware/software. And that's assuming the included cable will be any cop, which I very much doubt.

What are the relative prices of the 360 across regions out of interest? Isn't it mega cheap in Japan or something?

I think it's all my fault - I'd sorta said that it would only be more than £160 if you got a free game with it - and that came to pass, it's just "Sports" is a word guaranteed to make most women lost interest I find...

So - anyway - it'll be > £250 with a 'proper' game and a 2nd controller - which is a bit disappointing - but only a bit.

Makes the diff. for me between pre-ordering and getting excited - or just waiting and seeing what happens (I'm doing the latter ofc.)

p.s. You see, I could make the case with Zelda - she loves that - well she loves watching me play it normally - but £250 - hehe - no chance...

Unfortunately it looks like RGB scart won't be an option with the Wii.

If you look at the bottom of the official page:

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/wii/?site=hardware.html&l=enGB

Other Features: Four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers. Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards. An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.

:o

It'll be very common in a few years' time. For keeping the Wii 'future proof' I'll take Component over RGB anytime.

Actually, there seem to even be new HD Ready TVs that don't have component. My wee brother bought an LCD HD Ready TV (Philips I think) that has RGB Scart and DVI inputs but no component. I thought it was a bit weird myself. I've no idea how common that is though.

Actually, there seem to even be new HD Ready TVs that don't have component. My wee brother bought an LCD HD Ready TV (Philips I think) that has RGB Scart and DVI inputs but no component. I thought it was a bit weird myself. I've no idea how common that is though.

Not very fortunately.

HD Ready doesn't require component though, so it's possible. Stupid miserly decision, but possible.

i'll be stunned and dismayed if there's no rgb option in europe.

Welcome to the future :o

i'll be stunned and dismayed if there's no rgb option in europe.

I can't see it, I just can't. Surely it's by far and away the most popular input for pal gamers. As an SD TV owner who won't be getting on the HDTV bandwagon for a good while yet, I can't believe Nintendo would be so narrow minded as to force SD TV owners to play the Wii through shitty composite.

More than the price, that would make me re-consider my pre-order. Composite is hideous.