IGNORED

PGR 4

rubberducker

All must join the cult. Convince the forum to buy the game - we'll make converts of everyone.

I have a challenge for you, then: convert Sprite Machine.

He won't touch racers that aren't Ridge Racer, OutRun or Burnout. If it's got even a smidgeon of simulation in it, he's out, despite me telling him over and over again that the PGR series is a hybrid between arcade and sim.

He won't touch racers that aren't Ridge Racer, OutRun or Burnout. If it's got even a smidgeon of simulation in it, he's out, despite me telling him over and over again that the PGR series is a hybrid between arcade and sim.

No it's far too simmy for the most die hard arcade racer fan. Going to a slow crawl for tight bends is a deal breaker, realistic or not.

No it's far too simmy for the most die hard arcade racer fan. Going to a slow crawl for tight bends is a deal breaker, realistic or not.

Why? You have to slow down for bends in real-life cars too, or do most die hard arcade racer fans refuse to drive real cars because of that?

Why? You have to slow down for bends in real-life cars too, or do most die hard arcade racer fans refuse to drive real cars because of that?

They probably drive Fiat Panda's, then you won't have to brake for corners either. Because it won't drive faster than 20 mph.

I don't really get that argument though, it's like complaining that you have to use cover/blocking moves in fighters instead of punching all the time. It's all about tha skillz, and PGR is about as realistic as Jenna Jameson's boobs.

I rented PGR3 recently and it was OK, but the single player got boring as absolute fuck, and the multiplayer wasn't much better.

Used to like PGR2 though, despite never playing it online. What happened to the car selection in PGR3? Why was there hardly no variation? All of them seemed to be colourful exotic things whereas in PGR2 you also got slower cars and such.

This should be good, Will have to rent it!

All must join the cult. Convince the forum to buy the game - we'll make converts of everyone. It'll be just like when everyone used to play PGR2 every night back in 2003.

This would be great. With the majority of 360 games having an online element, it has fractured the community. I miss the days where we'd play Black Arrow or Splinter Cell etc night after night.

That would be the most awesome thing ever. I don't think I will ever forget some of epic C&M escapades around the 'ring.

Fuck the 'Ring. Bullshit race where one person always comes out thirty seconds ahead of the guy in second place, and half the pack don't finish at all.

It only works if everyone is equally good or equally shit. The shorter ones are safer because at least people tend to finish those and everybody has fun, rather than wheelspinning on the grass.

The 'Resi 4 is shit' guy? Hell no.

Wooo, FedEx just dropped off a package, now to fake an illness.

Fuck the 'Ring. Bullshit race where one person always comes out thirty seconds ahead of the guy in second place, and half the pack don't finish at all.

Well I remember having a barrel of fun, trying to dodge incoming Ferrari's at 200mph is always a laugh.

I like a bit of simulation, but that's an odd argument. A lot of people play games because they're not like real-life.

The mini handling is so special. Spent 2 hours last night flying round on time trials on the default track in the mini, perfecting it. Then moving on to the ariel atom which is like travelling at light speed compared to the mini, but with a similar handling model.

Highly recommended.

We need an online game fixed up on that track with 3x mini drivers, 3x ariel atom. 3 laps, but the mini drivers get a lap head start. Is this cat and mouse ? Did I hear that this is an actual game mode built in now ?

The mini handling is so special. Spent 2 hours last night flying round on time trials on the default track in the mini, perfecting it. Then moving on to the ariel atom which is like travelling at light speed compared to the mini, but with a similar handling model.

Highly recommended.

We need an online game fixed up on that track with 3x mini drivers, 3x ariel atom. 3 laps, but the mini drivers get a lap head start. Is this cat and mouse ? Did I hear that this is an actual game mode built in now ?

Cat and mouse is played with teams of 2 (identified by the colour of their car) with one driving the Mini and one the Ferrari Enzo (or other very fast car). The winning team is the team with the first Mini to cross the finish line. The partners in the Enzo try to help their Mini by pushing them so they can drive faster and/or trying to bump the other Mini's and Enzo's off the road.

Cat and Mouse is where each team consists of people in highest rank cars, and one person on each team in a lowest rank car.

The object is to get your low rank team member across the finish line before the opponent's does.

Cat and Mouse is where you have teams of 2, 1 Mini and 1 Supercar. The first team to get their Mini over the finish wins. As you can imagine it becomes an exercise in dodging oncoming Supercars and is f**king amazing fun.

Okay, I've gone from not really wanting this to doing everything in my power to get it.

I've had an order stuck with Royal Mail which won't arrive till next week so I've now bought it from a guy on eBay in Kilburn and I'm off to pick it up this arvo.

At least I'll be playing it this weekend, which makes the grief worthwhile.

Front engine, front wheel drive and mid/rear engine, rear wheel drive. Similar handling models eh? OH good.

Not to mention that one has double the track of the other and suspension that's 50 years ahead. Jesus.

Front engine, front wheel drive and mid/rear engine, rear wheel drive. Similar handling models eh? OH good.

Not to mention that one has double the track of the other and suspension that's 50 years ahead. Jesus.

I was waiting for this....similar as in "both extremely controllable, get the back out, easy to drive", not similar as in the dynamics are the same.

They both remind me a bit of the carts in toca 2 which were loads of fun.

I know someone who didn't believe me when I said Ferraris were rear wheel drive. He thought they were 4WD because they handled like 4WD cars in PGR.

give him a couple of laps in the 275GTB in chicago in the wet to see if that's true