IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

No clusters yet but I see the link Gorf posted earlier has around half already discovered. Going to see what I can find first but sort of rushed through the campaign so I can get to the meat. 

Found a dead ghost near the middle brazier in Winterfell or whatever the fuck its called. 

Also, dismantled my OG Khvostov and sure enough I have the quest for that now too and I can see someone on Reddit appears to have got his Ghorn quest done already.

FFS. Just got halfway up the sodding mountain in the social space and got kicked to orbit :angry:

And now cant go to any social hub, so logged out and cant log back in....

Edit: Got back in, but still cant go to any social hubs, so cant continue the campaign as a result.

29 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

No clusters yet but I see the link Gorf posted earlier has around half already discovered. Going to see what I can find first but sort of rushed through the campaign so I can get to the meat. 

Found a dead ghost near the middle brazier in Winterfell or whatever the fuck its called. 

Also, dismantled my OG Khvostov and sure enough I have the quest for that now too and I can see someone on Reddit appears to have got his Ghorn quest done already.

Spoilers bro!

New weapons spoilers, of the yellow variety.

I knew saving the original assault rifle would come in handy.  Khostov baby, now in pick your firing mode flavour.  So it can in theory be an assault rifle, a pulse rifle or a scout rifle.  One of the perks let you change the firing rate but it tanks the impact.

Difficult to say if it is any good, as I am low level and it dropping at 350 makes it my most powerful weapon by default.  If you want quest spoilers and such ask away.  Fairly decent quest line.

I've only played a little bit of the story and it's not bad. I really like the new Iron Temple hub and the Devil Splicer enemy variants, and I've already seen a faster increase of my light than the past few weeks of TTK play (the tower vendors sell some 350 gear from the start, which blew my puny 311 mind.) :) 

Got to the top (I assume its the top, it has a fire there) of Felwinter Peak. Never doing that again!*

*I hope I don't have to go there again.

For those wondering, yes there is a reason to get there ;)

I also found a dead ghost in the cosmodrome (Fallen 5 grimoire card). Its on top of a hanging metal frame thing in the area where the Hive are fighting the Fallen.

On 19/09/2016 at 09:10, Jerec said:

Managed Golgoroth with some LFG randoms, took a few goes to gel but once I took the reins we nailed the sob.

Anyone for Oryx tonight?

Or perhaps some lighter CoE and/or Nightfall?

I hope that's the top...

The king returns, and he still comes with Wolfpack rounds.  I love the quest.  Not only is it varied, but the payoff is great.  Not just the weapon, but specifically the last section before you get a weapon.  There was sweating, there was swearing, and eventually there were many, many explosions.

So while I think the majority of the story missions were lacking, they still haven't lost the nous that made Taken King so good.  I look forward to hearing about the raid.  Probably for the best I am not going to be on for a few days now, gives them a few days to maybe fix a potential engram problem (some reports packages get you over 350, but all engrams stuck at 350-351 - not confirmed one way or another yet)

1 hour ago, Moodmon said:

Probably for the best I am not going to be on for a few days now, gives them a few days to maybe fix a potential engram problem (some reports packages get you over 350, but all engrams stuck at 350-351 - not confirmed one way or another yet)

I think I've got that issue, with armour at least. I'm 351, and my last four legendary and exotic armour engrams have also decrypted to 351 (to slots which themselves have 351 items in them). Bit of a bummer, as obviously your progress stalls completely when that happens.

15 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

I think I've got that issue, with armour at least. I'm 351, and my last four legendary and exotic armour engrams have also decrypted to 351 (to slots which themselves have 351 items in them). Bit of a bummer, as obviously your progress stalls completely when that happens.

Ditto

I'm tentatively back after two years away, so looking forward to getting stuck in again.

Not sure what's new and what's always been there but I do like the new (old?) quest structure and at level 28 I leveled up to 32 really quickly just doing patrol in the Cosmodrome and level 2-4 story missions which was a pleasant surprise.

Other than Rise of Iron, what should a newbie oldie do or know about?

1 hour ago, Weavus said:

Ditto

Yup, Bungie's description that only about 50% of legendary engrams (they didn't mention exotics) would decode over average LL when you hit 335 seemed mean, but in my experience so far it's actually 0%. Obviously that can't be working as intended, even if it's not exactly 0% and you do end up occasionally getting a purple or yellow engram that adds a point to the slot's light. 

Looks like the only reliable way to inch higher now is to do stuff like strikes/CoE/Forge and hope for direct, non-encrypted drops, and to get reward packages. On that note I can confirm that Petra's packages, like most factions, seem to be working properly - I just ranked her up and got 352 boots and a 354 class item (I'm still at 351 of course).

If it continues like this there'll be few if any of us anywhere near the 360 recommended LL to try the early parts of the raid when it drops.