IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Just watched that raid for ten mins, if that's next gen gaming, hiding behind a pillar and endlessly dying for 6 hours a day, whittling down a life bar that a ten thousand point crit barely dents, count me the fuck out.

It's just an age-old MMO raid mechanism, and purely optional here.

For all the shit I've given it in this thread, Destiny is still the game I launch first and spend the whole time playing, out of the fifteen or so PS4 games I have waiting to be played. As bland and ordinary and dull as it ought to be, it's just fucking satisfying to play (when it lets you).

For all the shit I've given it in this thread, Destiny is still the game I launch first and spend the whole time playing, out of the fifteen or so PS4 games I have waiting to be played. As bland and ordinary and dull as it ought to be, it's just fucking satisfying to play (when it lets you).

The thing I appreciate is, and it sounds like a bit of a daft thing to say, is how low key Destiny feels at times. Not many flashy cinematics and just gets you into the gameplay as soon as possible. I mean, whether or not someone likes the gameplay/missions etc is another thing but you always get into the action relatively quickly with no fancy cutscenes or things keeping you waiting. At least that's how it's always felt to me.

The raid video is just mindboggling - are all MMO Raids like this? This looks like the hardest gaming challenge I've ever seen. :blink:

Well this is supposedly MMO lite with its Raid isn't it ? I've never played World Of Warcraft/MMO Raids in general but I know friends that have done 40 man raids and even 70 person raids (i think ?)

RAID has been beaten by Primeguard HQ, per Bungie Tweet.

Something basic here - If you make a new Character does the game restart for it? or does that new Character come and join from where you are in the game? and then get it levelled up.

You start the story over at level 1 but can access anything you have previously stored in the vault.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned much in between the rest of the discussion is that it's relatively easy to game the AI. Most of the time if you hover around the entrance to a certain area and then retreat back into the corridor/last area when your shield is down, the enemies don't follow you or react at all. Since I've been playing a hunter with a sniper rifle and hand cannon it's pretty easy to trivialise some of the arenas.

In general I've not been very impressed by the AI, and I've played every story mission on hard so far. I can barely remember a time when I've been flanked. Most enemies just run at you or hide behind cover and do the standard pop out and shoot. About the most sophisticated it seems to get is when a wizard's shield is down and it hides til it recharges. It's fairly easy to keep them at arms length with a sniper rifle and hand cannon (and is it just me or is the hand cannon by far the most effective weapon? Whenever I try another main weapon I end up switching back within a few minutes even if the hand cannon stats are significantly worse).

Like many others I'm finding the game surprisingly addictive and enjoyable in spite of all its many flaws. At the end of the moon chapter and I am starting to get a bit bored of the missions and the constant bombardment of enemies at the end of every mission though. A change of pace wouldn't go amiss every now and then.

Just tried to play this on the vita, ouch the sticks are awful for this - i invented a new form or remote play.... move the ps4 into the other room!

I am still undecided on this, i like it quite a bit but it doesn't stop me playing bf4 and thats a worry launch week but i can not explain why as when on it is fun!

Twice tonight - fuck off out the game, you've lost PSN, your internet is shit.

No it isn't as everything else is working fine, you cunts. I just want to play the game, not worry that someone trips over a wire at Sony HQ and fucks my gaming session up!

I had the same on XBL so I assume the issue is with Bungie as my NAT comes up as open and I have all the recommended ports open.

MID and I spent the last hour or so trying to glitch through the walls in the hanger to get to the spaceship. When he finally got in by getting stuck in a fence then I went under him and kept jumping, he just fell in a boring place. I totally love this game did the spider and big eye boss on earth with two other guys which was great fun too

Hit level 20 last night with 2 friends and decided to do the strike playlist (Dust Palace PS4 exclusive strike came up). We decided to give ourselves a "challenge" and set it at level 22. It was loads of fun and very challenging all the way up to the final encounter.

Three Psion Flayers each with a different element shield and loads of continually respawning reinforcements (Cabal Colossi, Legionaries, Psions, Phalanxes and Centurions). We managed to get two of the Psion Flayers down but after two team wipes it just wasn't fun anymore. The Flayers are just complete bullet sponges. One we got one of their shields down we could have all 3 members pumping bullets into an unshielded Flayer and we'd barely have half of its health down before having to deal with another wave of reinforcements (plus avoiding the other two Flayers). I understand that we were 2 levels below the recommended level but "Hard" was an understatement of monumental proportions. Anyway.... we gave up in the end and are going to give it another go tonight or tomorrow on Normal, haha

A great time ruined by poor game design, I think. One thing it did do though was force us to learn to communicate a lot better and really start thinking about what gear to be using at each moment.

Hopefully some basic tactics will come out for the raid before too long so us mere mortals can have a shot at it. When we can actually get in there at least.

I just finished the first part of the exotic weapon bounty chain. Now I have to get a K/D spread of 25 in the Crucible. I still have no idea what it means by "spread" rather than ratio. Found out its kills minus deaths, so get 25 kills with 0 deaths. Wording could have been a bit more clear.

Hit level 20 last night with 2 friends and decided to do the strike playlist (Dust Palace PS4 exclusive strike came up). We decided to give ourselves a "challenge" and set it at level 22. It was loads of fun and very challenging all the way up to the final encounter.

Three Psion Flayers each with a different element shield and loads of continually respawning reinforcements (Cabal Colossi, Legionaries, Psions, Phalanxes and Centurions). We managed to get two of the Psion Flayers down but after two team wipes it just wasn't fun anymore. The Flayers are just complete bullet sponges. One we got one of their shields down we could have all 3 members pumping bullets into an unshielded Flayer and we'd barely have half of its health down before having to deal with another wave of reinforcements (plus avoiding the other two Flayers). I understand that we were 2 levels below the recommended level but "Hard" was an understatement of monumental proportions. Anyway.... we gave up in the end and are going to give it another go tonight or tomorrow on Normal, haha

A great time ruined by poor game design, I think. One thing it did do though was force us to learn to communicate a lot better and really start thinking about what gear to be using at each moment.

Each Flayer has a different element, but not only that at level 22 they'll take less damage from you as your only level 20. You really should have done the level 20 strike, and not the 22. Nothing wrong with the game.