IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Yeah, but usually you'll only have two shield types at a time to worry about. So match those two shield types with your secondary/heavy weapon and you're all set.

There's a bit on dust palace where three enemies with different shields all spawn at once, but if you're soloing that you're a lunatic and deserve whatever you get.

Keep it, the PVP stats are flattened anyway!

Keeping it for PvP, just dumping it for PvE

Speaking of stats - using weapons in PvP - the different bars like impact/stability etc still carry over to PvP even though the damage is flattened right? Otherwise you'd always just go for the guns with the largest magazines and the best passive abilities

So I'm level 20. I need to get enough currency to buy a special band, for my faction? Then I can accumulate points for my faction and buy fancy armor/legendary items with light attached.

Correct?

Seeing people with blue in their top bar. What's that?

Only buy a faction band if you specifically don't want to earn Vanguard or Crucible points as choosing one of the other three factions will prevent you from earning them; and instead any Vanguard/Crucible points you would've gained will go to the new faction of whatever band you're wearing.

People with blue health bars means they have a shield. Usually gained by killing someone with a melee strike if specced into it.

Speaking of stats - using weapons in PvP - the different bars like impact/stability etc still carry over to PvP even though the damage is flattened right? Otherwise you'd always just go for the guns with the largest magazines and the best passive abilities

The weapons stats stay the same, yeah. It's just the damage output. I always look for the most stable auto rifle I can find with a decent rate of fire (the ones where stability can be upgraded are generally the best I've found).

Yeah, but usually you'll only have two shield types at a time to worry about. So match those two shield types with your secondary/heavy weapon and you're all set.

What are the shield types for different enemies? So far Fallen Captains have arc shields, Hive wizards have fire shields and big stompy Vex robots seem to deploy temporary void shields. Is it generally one shield type per enemy race?

Also re. shields, don't forget that your super-charge move does a specific damage type as well. It's possible grenades do too?

I've put about 60 hours in since it came out somehow, and I got kicked once.During the end sequence (lol). It's your end bro!

My first few hours were fine. No kicks or problems. Last I was booted twice and once i quit out the game i connected to PSN fine. All other devices in the house connected to the internet were running fine. I know it's easy for you to say the problem is my end, but I don't get why I should have the game simply stop on me if the connection to the servers breaks at some point in the line, whether that be at my end or theirs. There is no reason I can't continue to shoot stuff even if I'm not connected to the main servers.

What are the shield types for different enemies? So far Fallen Captains have arc shields, Hive wizards have fire shields and big stompy Vex robots seem to deploy temporary void shields. Is it generally one shield type per enemy race?

Also re. shields, don't forget that your super-charge move does a specific damage type as well. It's possible grenades do too?

Yep grenades and melee are elemental too!

All enemies can have all shield types, they often mix them up in the higher difficulties to keep you on your toes.

You can tell when you're doing extra elemental damage because the number goes that colour. Shoot a purple shield with a purple gun and the damage numbers go purple to indicate extra damage.

Dead orbit. Let's go.

So emo

My first few hours were fine. No kicks or problems. Last I was booted twice and once i quit out the game i connected to PSN fine. All other devices in the house connected to the internet were running fine. I know it's easy for you to say the problem is my end, but I don't get why I should have the game simply stop on me if the connection to the servers breaks at some point in the line, whether that be at my end or theirs. There is no reason I can't continue to shoot stuff even if I'm not connected to the main servers.

Sorry I didn't mean to be dismissive. Are you getting kicked from Destiny, or PSN? If the former do you get one of those error codes named after animals (boar etc)

That hunter cape is not as cool as my warlock bond which makes my left arm permanently on fire. Because fuck logic!

So something that has been bugging me about the already barebones story: at the very start, Ghost finds us and brings us back to life. That's right; we were dead. We're now, I suppose, undead. But this is never mentioned ever again. So that theory about the traveler being evil and us being the darkness might have some meat to it.

Eurogamer are reporting that Bungie have patched the game to add more public events into patrol mode so it feels more 'eventful'.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-17-destiny-hotfix-doubles-frequency-of-public-events

Sounds like a good idea to me. I've done 3-4 so far but they don't feel particularly regular and it would be nice to feel like more 'stuff' is going on around you as you move through the world.

Sorry I didn't mean to be dismissive. Are you getting kicked from Destiny, or PSN? If the former do you get one of those error codes named after animals (boar etc)!

To be honest, I can't remember whether it was Destiny or PSN. When I closed Destiny, I was still logged into PSN, so I'mguessing it was Destiny.

They give you error codes sometimes like 'centipede', perhaps if it happens again take note of it and look it up as it may just be that you need to open up a port on your router or something?

Personally it's been rock solid for me, which I actually found surprising, they should get some kudos for their netcode..