IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Level 20 Titan, mofos. Still the Story to do on Mars. Got my Striker levelled up to the third grenade type, and my Defender levelled up to the second double jump boost (Lift?)

I did the penultimate Story on Venus last night where you storm the Ketch on Hard. Hard is loads more fun! I'd really advise people to over-level a bit and do the Story on Hard if they fancy a fun challenge. Then I killed the gaylord, watched the space elves and now I'm off to Mars.

Sorry I had to keep getting the fusion rifle out, those pesky shields!

The gun has that thing which makes the bottom half of the clip do more damage, so I've been training myself not to reload after every kill.

That should be an awesome little gun with CQB Ballistics and Perfectly Balanced unlocked. Really fast and rail gun like accuracy in close quarters :D

Dear lord, the weekly is insane. We just got a group together to give it a go. Its way harder than the 22 strikes in the strike playlist for one simple reason - you can only be revived by other players, there is no countdown to when you can revive yourself!

The weekly is the Spawn Pits strike, and it also has an extra modifier that makes mobs unflinching, even when taking heavy damage - you can be shooting the crap out of them and they'll still run at you, or shoot you regardless. Needless to say our team died. Died again. Then died some more. Oddly one of the last attempts was a two man affair where we got the boss the lowest, before 5 or so Wizards spawned and wiped the floor with us with their exploding bolts from hell. Oh and almost 70% of the mobs seem to be yellow health bar ones, so take an age to kill. Made me wish that the Earth strike had been the weekly, and I hate that goddamn tank bit in that.

Annoyingly I need a clot of darkness for an exotic bounty, which can only be gotten from the weekly, and of course is taking up one of my bounty slots.

Jesus, that strike was mental, wasn't it? Sad to hear you and Donut didn't manage it in the end, though I can't say I'm surprised!

I was looking at my stats on destinyTracker.com, and assuming I'm reading it correcty, was somewhat surprised to see that for my class (Titan) I'm 189th in the world on avg kill distance and 1063rd for longest kill streak with a 14. I wasn't even aware I'd had a kill streak anywhere near that! Now all I need is for some gear with decent light values to drop, I've had relatively little since I got to lvl 20 over two days ago!

Sorry I had to keep getting the fusion rifle out, those pesky shields!

The gun has that thing which makes the bottom half of the clip do more damage, so I've been training myself not to reload after every kill.

That thing looks deadly. I picked up my first legendary drop engram last night was super excited, but it was just a rare fusion rifle :/

Got a choice of exotic bounties to do last night, chose Toland's Journal (which I think is an exotic pulse rifle) seems like there is a lot to do to get it !

So now I am 20, I am collecting items which have light attached. Which is great. But I want to buy some specific armor from my Dead Orbit guy. To do that I need 65 or 120 crucible / vanguard points. What is the best way of accumulating them?

This is going to sound strange but if you set your standards too high it will feel like you are grinding, what I done is concentrate on strike playlist and rank up my light and gradually I was able to do higher level strikes to earn more and more vanguard points. I only have 48 at the moment but I am now a level 24 so for a level 24 strike I can get 6 vanguard points each time.

Theres nothing stopping you doing level 24 strikes now but they will be ultra difficult and may even impede your progress.

I'm not sure how quickly you can earn cruicible points but i'd say it's probably quicker.

Im way behind most of you guys, just levelled to 14 last night, hardly done any missions, so decided to advance the moon a bit.

Firsr I did the one where you have to go and get the sword relic thingy. Really good fun, the real game changer was switching out my rifle for the hand cannon. Wow, that is some one shot kill head popping fun right there! Made me approach in a more methodical way, keeping the hordes to my front, in a sort of more crowd control way than I normally play (spray and pray with mad melees thrown in). Really good mission as well, enjoyed being able to pick up the sword and dish out some third person retribution. Was playing on hard (think I was level 12 or 13 at this point), but only died once, was pretty hairy though. The environments and gunplay in this are excellent, as are the enemies, loot etc. Pretty much everything actually, I just wish I had more time to devote to it, particularly multiplayer.

However I charged on with the next level on the moon, and was having equal fun. Got to the end no spawning bit and some big F off Doom type boss appeared (while Dinklebot was doing has old hacker gig) and all hell was breaking loose. Then like a gift from the gods Kriess from the forum appeared and we dished out the damage together, which was just as well as I died a minute after him joining!! PHEW!!

I also really enjoying the fact no one really knows whats going on and we are all trying to piece it together as we go. Also not really knowing how the game will expand or even look in a years time. It might all we a big let down, but it does feel just now like you are part of something new and different.

So now I am 20, I am collecting items which have light attached. Which is great. But I want to buy some specific armor from my Dead Orbit guy. To do that I need 65 or 120 crucible / vanguard points. What is the best way of accumulating them?

Welcome fellow Dead Orbit brother! To buy gear you need crucible marks. The only way to collect these is playing crucible matches and you can earn a maximum of 100 per week.

Are you sure about this? I must have played 25 games+ in the crucible or so and only have around 30 marks.. I remember specifically seeing a +3 but I think that might have been because I had an extremely sick game and came top? Anyone else know what the score is?

As far as I know.

Also says it here:

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Crucible_Mark

Once a Guardian reaches level 18, he will earn 3 Crucible Marks for each win and 2 Crucible Marks for each loss in the Crucible up to a maximum of 100 Crucible Marks in a week.

Thanks Andy Why for the game earlier. I'm still baffled as to how you jumped into my game though, I haven't seen the option to do that anywhere. :)

But you helped me hit the soft level cap and that moment will be remembered in legend!

Yeah, it was great stuff. Always much more fun to play with someone else, especially on a level like that! Crazily, you can't jump into a friends game through the Destiny menu itself. What I tend to do is look and see if anyone is of a similar level, hop out to dashboard friends list and select 'join game' from there. It's an ass-backwards way of doing it, but it works. I'm hoping they'll actually add that in to the in-game friends menu, but I'll not hold my breath.

But anyway, I'm currently at 20 and am close to hitting 21 if any fellow Xboners want to take a run at some of the more difficult missions/ strikes this evening. I should be on from around seven!

You did the weekly solo? What level are you?

Apparently having a lvl 20 upgraded blue fusion rifle thats solar damage is perfect for the Wizards btw, which I don't have :(

From last night's run on the daily I have concluded that the hunter's golden gun is the best tool for the job, my decent solar sniper rifle was barely scratching. In fact hunter is ideally suited to scything through hive with the incendiary grenades and firey knife options in place.

I was thinking (hoping) earlier that the solar spec for the Titan might be a Star Wars-style bounter hunter, with an arm-mounted flamethrower type weapon.

Is it me or does it feel like the tide is starting to turn on this?

I realise some still have problems with the game but there definitely seems to be a lot more positive opinion being expressed in the last few days. Nice to hear.

That's because the people that didn't like it have traded it in already ^_^

It would be great if they added quick weapon switching somehow. I've been killed several times going into the menu to select a different gun.

Actually I'm amazed it isn't there.

Actually I think I may have just admitted to being a twallop and missing something obvious...

Nah you need to press options to change guns, its a pain, a weapon wheel is much needed.

EDIT: of course you can switch from primary, special, heavy at any given time in game (you defo knew that though)