IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

No no, I mean carrying only two weapons at once (though of course it's three in Destiny). Also, I'm a cowardly long-rangy sort of player, so I've not had a use for shotguns so far...

Halo: pistol and assault rifle, shotgun and assault rifle, sniper and assault rifle. The holy trinity of load outs :P

No no, I mean carrying only two weapons at once (though of course it's three in Destiny). Also, I'm a cowardly long-rangy sort of player, so I've not had a use for shotguns so far...

Halo: pistol and assault rifle, shotgun and assault rifle, sniper and assault rifle. The holy trinity of load outs :P

Later on i've found its essential to carry different versions (fire, void etc) of secondary and heavy weapons on missions if you don't know whats coming up.

Not sure about that. I usually cash in multiple bounties (either vanguard or crucible) and have never had one. Maybe you have to be a certain level like with the marks?

Me neither.

I was a bit surprised to get a blue engram drop when just pootling around doing patrol on earth, turned out to be a level 18 solar fusion rifle, and there happens to be a bounty for those at present, so that's good.

Also, I've somehow accumulated a couple more vanguard marks despite my earlier failure with the daily, maybe I got them from getting a bronze award in a public event? These are now more frequent for sure, but so often there are too few players around...

So played it a bit last night. Loads of friends online was nice, but I'm so far behind in levels already that I felt a bit isolated. Don't want to play with randoms.

Which left me dicking around on my own. Thought it was pretty dull. Not sure I can be bothered to persist with it really. Gaming is getting a bit like a long term relationship you stick with even though you're unhappy for me. Thought this might reignite the passion but it feels like a lot of hype and very little actual substance.

I feel exactly the same. I'm very early on and only at level 4 but I'm not really enjoying it, more playing it out of feeling like I should.

The bullet sponge enemies seem unbalanced for so early on in a game, and the AI of the grunts consists of "shoot them once and they jump quickly to one side before moving back to where they were" or "pop out from behind something, then pop back etc..".

Missions too, upon going to a flashing green beacon I'm told to shoot aliens and collect the things they drop. Fine by me. Next green beacon says shoot some more aliens and collect the things they drop but which have a different name.

I can't help but think that if it wasn't by Bungie it'd have been as well received as this:

Haze_boxart.jpg

I'm sticking with it, I played the alpha/beta so should have known what to expect but maybe I overlooked the limitations because I was expecting more of the final product? Maybe I just need to level up a bit.

Spanx, Cubik, why don't you boys team up and start to figure things out.

It really is an excellent game, but it seems like you're judging it on very limited playtime without even partying up with people of a similar level.

Fuck, I'm glad games like this are still being made. Coming straight off the back of Dark Souls, this learn through skill mechanic is such a badly missing part of recent games that I wonder where the fun is for the modern gamer.

I don't want to be patronizing and labeling either of you as that, but why are you trying to convince yourselves that the longevity of the game is bad? Give it time. Party up. It's fucking excellent.

Please don't give up at the first hurdle. But, if you do, I'm sure a new CoD will be along shortly. ;)

Many many thanks to Lyrical Donut and Tim389 (sorry if the numbers are wrong, PSN isnt showing you under players met) for getting me through the weekly strike. I'm now the proud owner of this bad boy:

1000px-Maxresdefault.jpg

After I'd obtained it, the mail had a bounty lead for a crucible bounty - Buckshot Bruiser :lol:

Is anyone else interested in doing the Weekly Heroic at level 26? You get another round of rewards by upping the difficulty.

I gave it a shot on my own, at level 25, but four yellow-health Wizards spawned on the final stretch of the door defence and I couldn't pick them off whilst avoiding the wash of energy bolts.

How do you access the exclusive Playstation gear and guns?

The 2 guns are supposedly from strikes, mainly The Dust Palace on Mars, though I've never seen anyone get them.

Dunno about the armour, I think it may only be a helm for each class, but not sure.

The Playstation exclusive ships are from chests on the moon at least, as I got all 3 in one patrol. That could have been just a fluke though.

Spanx, Cubik, why don't you boys team up and start to figure things out.

It really is an excellent game, but it seems like you're judging it on very limited playtime without even partying up with people of a similar level.

Fuck, I'm glad games like this are still being made. Coming straight off the back of Dark Souls, this learn through skill mechanic is such a badly missing part of recent games that I wonder where the fun is for the modern gamer.

I don't want to be patronizing and labeling either of you as that, but why are you trying to convince yourselves that the longevity of the game is bad? Give it time. Party up. It's fucking excellent.

Please don't give up at the first hurdle. But, if you do, I'm sure a new CoD will be along shortly. ;)

Who mentioned COD? Not me.

I don't really think that Destiny is a massive steaming pile but it's just not all that it has been hyped up to be. I am going to persevere but my initial impressions are that its a bit dull.

I may have over egged it slightly with the Haze comparison, but it was the first thing that sprang to mind as a massively hyped game that failed to deliver. Fingers crossed for later on, hopefully a bit of levelling up will do the trick.

You're probably right that I've been playing as a single player and need to get in some teams. I don't have time for prolonged playing though which scuppers that slightly.

I doubt any amount of extra playing will change the terrible voice acting and bollocks storyline though! ;)

Love the ads for this. Unless your one of us, this game only exists on PlayStation.

Good work Sony. however, I did make a complete Dick of myself earlier with a Activision or Sony rep earlier. His Mac had a lovely sticker on the back around the logo and to me it was Guilty Spark.

So I said "love your Guilty spark sticker"

NOPE it was a Ghost, mayhap Bungie need to have a word with their design team to make similar concepts look considerably different. Or am I just thick?