IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

They are balanced out though, are you saying they aren't for just you?

Well, there is a possibility that I'm just shit, but I've played a LOT of Halo campaigns and I've been led to believe that you might get a bit of a look at an opponent before you die. I'll go back to the story missions for a bit..

Again they know where you are as you're on the radar unless crouching. Hence they probably come around the corner ready to fire whilst you're strolling around oblivious and boom, ya done. Give it some time. You can tell approximate distance and direction with the radar, it's vital you understand it.

Sorry to keep whining, but if I want to find people in the Tower to invite to my fireteam, again they're all level 20+, so of course not interested in joining me for story missions. So basically I end up playing story missions like Halo but without (a) a decent story, (b) any sense of logic (why do aliens drop ammo for my guns but not drop alien guns?), © the ability to pause usefully (I might have other stuff to do from time to time, like, interact with my family or answer the phone). The more I try to appreciate this, the more I feel like going back to Skyrim.

Guys, what's this cave you're all on about?

It devolves the game to the most basic principles.

"I want to get kit ASAP"

"Go to the cave - fuck strikes & raids"

"What do I do when I unlock better shit?"

"eh - shoot the cave with it - better drop rate m8"

I sincerely hope they patch it out this weekend - all you see on Earth now is people lined up shooting the fucking thing.

I just went to the cave. Found an exotic and a bunch of lengendaries. It is a bit ridiculous. Having said that, it is great fun when the "war" kicks off. Basically, loads and loads of enemies spawn in all around you (literally just popping in out of thin air) and all hell breaks loose.

It devolves the game to the most basic principles.

"I want to get kit ASAP"

"Go to the cave - fuck strikes & raids"

"What do I do when I unlock better shit?"

"eh - shoot the cave with it - better drop rate m8"

I sincerely hope they patch it out this weekend - all you see on Earth now is people lined up shooting the fucking thing.

...and the people farming it will probably be the first to complain about the games lack of challenge/content, when they have sod all to aim for in a few days/weeks time.

I'm totally avoiding it and going to earn my gear the old fashioned way, grinding for it.

I have given the cave a go, got a few blues, before I left in boredom the biggest event kicked off (forces are gathering..) and I had a complete blast. Absolute chaos and got far more blue drops from it than in the "exploit". Remember the cave has no special drops or drop rate, its merely a fast way to rack up kills and the loot drops are based on quantity (apart from special enemies like captains or bosses).

The drop rate in the cave has been turned down some, I have heard by the way, unsure if its global though. Personally I don't care if people do use it- you wont get many of the upper level currency items -some types none at all- and the same with rep unless you mix it up with some patrols but going out to get the right ones (kills only) slows the kill rate anyhow so you may as well go do a strike or heroic mission.

TL;DR Sod em - if it turns into an asshole magnet, then great, keeps them out of my way ;)

So there is a great big, huge, massive engram farming exploit on Old Russia. I did it for an hour last night and came away with 15 blues, 3 purples and a shit load of discarded materials.

Where!!?!?!?

In really annoying news my wife has had her night out cancelled. So my plan of spending 4 good hours on this is now fucked. Huff.

Also I was doing level 22/24 strikes last night from matchmaking and to farm strange coins - and I got none as rewards! Only managed to get one from an engram that was decoded. I have 6 - I need 13 before Xur leaves for the helmet. I tried the weekly heroic moon strike but it was too hard on the boss with the two other players I had :( I know you can get three coins from that apparently - any other way I can farm that many this weekend?

Okay, I need to conscript two PS4 players of level 26 or above to help with the final stage of my Exotic weapon bounty. It involves tackling everyone's favourite Strike, the Moon, with the Epic modifier which gives more enemies shields. The idea is to get to Phogoth, ignore him and kill all the minions, then take down a special enemy that will spawn.

I'm actually not that bothered about getting the weapon itself, but it's taking up one of my Bounty slots; there's no way I'm abandoning it given the work I've already put in!

I'm crap but here's my tips that helped personally;

Putting my stick sensitivity up to 5 seemed to help as I can aim that fraction quicker (can't cope any higher).

Stay calm and think about the geography rather than charge in blindly

Stay with others as the orbs generated by supers help you all out massively

Don't use scout rifle or hand cannon you're usually dead by the time you get enough hits off

Stay the fuck away from titans

Use verticality

Defend!

Don't bother until you're lvl 15+

Level your gear, I'm sure bonuses work still even if the weapon has been normalised.

As I said I'm pretty rubbish but have done ok sticking to that, it might help someone