IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I had to quit out of a game last night because my team seemed to be playing with their feet or something. It was about 2000 - 0 went I said nope and left. I think the PVP is quite fun though, shockingly laggy with a terrible FOV but it's fun in a Goldeneye sort of way.

I quite like the 3v3 matches. It's good you get points for reviving others, because my 15 + deaths per game add up to like 750 points for my team. Feels like I'm contributing.

Also hulk smashing a whole team in one super move is ace.

Not trying to be a knob here (Honestly) but when I am playing PvP with some forumites, I pretty much always come top of the leaderboard. I see a few people asking for tips and stuff so I thought I would give some of my knowledge out, hopefully it helps you. So here goes:

Finding a play style: Ever since I picked up call of duty I always felt run-and-gun was the best option for me, I am quite accurate and quick to react and catch people unaware when sprinting at them. It doesn't always work though, there are some games you just can't run-and-gun in. Destiny is one of those, I still try it and it does succeed but most of the time sitting back is the best thing to do. Which leads onto my next point gauging your surroundings and map. There are lots of maps which have quite a few long paths and open areas which then lead into small cavey-buildingy areas. You need to know what weapon to have out at the right time and what weapons are good for certain maps. The fact you can change your gun whilst still alive is very useful.

If you are in an open area and there are a few enemies far away then you should have a long to medium range weapon equipped (obviously) carefully using cover to pick people off one at a time. However if you are in an open area and you have a feeling or know that there are enemies close pull out a short to medium range weapon. E.g. Hand Cannon, Shotgun or Fusion rifle. Just because you are in an open area doesn't mean you should always have an auto rifle out. If you feel like you are best at using a certain gun, for example a shotgun then you should stick to the inside of maps, following short corridors, twists and turns. Always use your map! I luckily have a perk which allows me to aim down the sights and still view my map. I am constantly waiting for people to come round corners just holding L2, as soon as they are near enough I just start pre-firing. People love running into bullets!

Zoning a part of the map is always fun and effective. If you find a little place on the map where you and your team can camp out it can be very effective. Don't get yourself trapped in a room as Guardians will have many ways of taking you out of the room easily. Don't leave yourself in the middle of a field though. I always find that there are places you can hold down that are in the middle of what I just described, if you can find one of those places then hold it down, kill enemies and watch them get more and more frustrated as they keep coming back for you, aimlessly running back to find you and getting killed over and over.

Two-Piece. Ahhhhhh, I do love a two-piece. Especially with my amazing warlock melee attack. So for those of you who don't know what a two-piece is. It is when you use a heavy hitting gun that fires one powerful shot e.g. Shotguns, handcannons etc. Fire a shot with your gun and quickly melee, it's almost a guaranteed kill if perfected.

There is some more I am forgetting but just try some of these out. Hope I helped!

Edit. My Guardian: http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018433733029/2305843009216839651#gear

Any idea when these queen's bounties are starting? I'm assuming tomorrow as everything seems to revolve around Tuesdays!

After the reset most likely. You can see when the reset is by looking at the advisors bit on the bungie website. It's at about 9am tomorrow I think, although it might start early. Who knows.

There's a complete list of bounties on destinynews, it's stuff like "kill this guy you've killed loads of times" etc. Don't get too excited :D

http://destinynews.net/queens-wrath-bounties-new-missions/

queen-legendary.png?zoom=1.5&resize=448%

All the info on Queens Wrath is there. I'm hoping to get some new boots and a helmet :)

I think I'm going to hit the Queens bounty stuff this week, get decked in all purple, and then try to lead the raid next week. I need five good men (level 26+) with potentially a few hours each night and a lot of patience. Gentlemen and women, do I have your swords?

Great! I suggest you guys try and get a bit of gear from the Queen's bounty stuff over the next week, to replace whichever is your worst bit of gear. That should put you in good stead for the raid. Let's start a week tomorrow, after the raid resets. That gives us a full week of attempts.

I have a purple chest piece from dead orbit. Depending on how hard the queen's armour is to obtain (can't click the link at work) i'll get as much as I can. Also plenty of strange coins for when Xur returns at the weekend so should have an exotic. Didn't like his hunter chest piece this week (please be good to me Xur and have a hunter helmet!)so didn't spend any. May have enough for an exotic weapon too (auto rifle plz!)

Does the queen have her own unique currency she accepts do you know Moz?

I'm currently sat on 118 Crucible Marks, 93 Vanguard Marks with 21 Strange coins. So that's 1 exotic next weekend and easily another 3 legendaries I could buy as soon as I have the rep. Although I already have a purple chest and gloves.

The purple gear all looks a bit shit from what I've seen (appearance wise). Only the exotics actually look different it seems (shame you can only equip 1 weapon and 1 piece of armour which is exotic).

I'd love to join you guys but i'm not sure I can commit that much time to it. I tend to play with a couple of mates most evenings doing various activities (on Destiny, nothing weird) so i'm not sure i'll manage that and the have the time for the raid.

I'd be interested in watching though, something fancy Twitching it?

I've been ambling through the story missions solo so far and enjoying it hugely. I'm level 11 and have just done the first mission on Venus.

I've been avoiding the multiplayer stuff so far but am wondering if I leave all the Strike missions to the end, for example, will I lose all benefit? For instance, there's a level 8 Strike I've ignored so far but should I go and do it before I get any further past the relevant level?

I've also avoided the Crucible so far as I'm terrible at competitive shooters. I'm assuming I'm going to need to get involved if I want to get the most from the game? Great to see some tips posted recently for that mode; I'll have a good read through this evening.

Finally hit level 20 last night. Looking to be my GOTY I reckon. And I've only done the first Story mission on Venus!

Loving the maps on PvP, love teaming up with mates on PvE, the guns are brilliant, the sound is amazing and it looks GORGEOUS. I even love the fact I don't fully understand it all yet, so much to discover and figure out.

Played this solo so far, just beat the first vex encounter with my l11 Hunter. Really enjoying this and don't mind playing solo to me this is just like being back with halo (last version I played was h3). Great gunplay if a bit too easy on normal, problem is that impossible sounds a bit too much of a step. Looking forward to some co-op once I get some friends sorted. Not too concerned about grinding etc in future seems this is a game for the long term slow and steady player as much as the completist binge -r. Trying to write on phone is as painful as this is to read.

I've been ambling through the story missions solo so far and enjoying it hugely. I'm level 11 and have just done the first mission on Venus.

I've been avoiding the multiplayer stuff so far but am wondering if I leave all the Strike missions to the end, for example, will I lose all benefit? For instance, there's a level 8 Strike I've ignored so far but should I go and do it before I get any further past the relevant level?

Re. Strikes - you'll get the chance to play strikes at 20+ difficulty settings once you hit level 20 as part of the weekly Strike challenges and served up randomly in the Strike playlists. So no, you definitely won't miss out on getting challenge from them. Same applies to story missions - harder variants for all of them unlock once you hit 20.

I'd love to join the raid but I'm away on holiday for 2 weeks next Wednesday! Part of me wishes I wasn't going anywhere :P

Here are my PvP tips:

1. Roll hunter
2. Spec Bladedancer

;)

I actually killed one while they were mid-super the other day. I made sure to save the clip as it's probably the rarest event in the game...