IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

That shotgun sounds wonderful! I can't wait to get my hands on some exotic gear.

By the by- as an Xbone player, would there be enough of us to warrant making an XBone thread for Raids and what not in the online folder? Just trying to gauge interest.

Yeah, we should do that stuff in Online, but no one uses it anymore because of folder structure and shit.

I'm in for any raiding on Xbone. I'm level 24 now but I'm working towards legendary gear. Got my first purple thing and first exotic last night. Both shotguns. Although the exotic equips in the primary slot. Double shotties!

Cosmic_Guru, I'll add you.

I'm at level 20 now and I'm not quite sure how the Light progression works. I've got armour with Light attributes equipped and I can see my level indicator growing, but if I take said armour off I'm guessing it will go down?

Yeah.

I too am at the same level. Think it's more grinding for us to get more powerful now!

I finished the story without really knowing it was the end, was a bit odd.

Yeah.

I too am at the same level. Think it's more grinding for us to get more powerful now!

I finished the story without really knowing it was the end, was a bit odd.

Cool. Happy to go do some grinding, only just started on Venus!

So how many Light points are required to increase a level? Think I've got about +16 split between my bits of armour.

I would suggest that if you don't like Crucible then stay neutral so that you can earn Vanguard rep and marks by playing PVE game modes.

Edit: Vanguard rep specifically. You can still earn Vanguard marks when wearing a factions cape etc.

Right, I joined FWC. I'm not likely to be doing much crucible (I'm just so shit at it), so should I convert back to neutral? How do I do that?

I'm level 20.

Cool. Happy to go do some grinding, only just started on Venus!

So how many Light points are required to increase a level? Think I've got about +16 split between my bits of armour.

No idea. And also, motes of light are a currency, nothing to do with leveling. I think.

One tip, remember to take appropriate bounties with you when you go into battle whether it's Crucible or PVE.

Open up your character profile and hover the cursor over the 'light' stat and it'll pop up a box that will tell you how much you have and give you a completion bar to the next level.

I don't think it actually says the target you are aiming for but I'm sure it's something like:

Level 21 = 20 light points ish

Level 22 = 30 light points ish

Level 23 = 45 light points ish

Level 24 = 60 light points ish

Right, I joined FWC. I'm not likely to be doing much crucible (I'm just so shit at it), so should I convert back to neutral? How do I do that?

I'm level 20.

You don't 'convert'. Basically everyone has a reputation rank with the Vanguard, Crucible, and three faction (and now the Queen). It's just a question of what you do or which items you are wearing which dictates which one it goes onto.

i.e. if you have rank 3 FWC you can't then move over to rank 3 Dead Orbit, you just have to wear the Dead Orbit and start gaining rep with them.

Quite a useful level 20+ guide here (although it doesn't include all the new Queen content yet)... http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-guide-to-level-20-and-beyond/1100-6422423/

Ok.

Colour me confused!

Bladedancer is so overpowered you can fucking FLY.

Bungie need to patch this idiotic ability, every single PVP game I play the whole team gets wiped at least once by a bladedancer randomly tapping buttons.

Sounds like my kinda ability!

Leveling up now.

24 - full upgraded rares

26 - full unupgraded legendary gear

27 - partially upgraded legendary gear + one unupgraded exotic

27 - full upgraded legendary gear

28 - full upgraded legendary gear + one upgraded exotic

29 - partial upgraded legendary gear, one partial/unupgraded exotic, partial upgraded raid gear

30 - fully upgraded raid gear and one fully upgraded exotic

That's not true. I'm 27, I have a fully upgraded exotic chest, legendary arms and boots that are both at the last stacked stage of upgrades still to do and a blue helm. It won't be that neat and tidy due to the amount of variables.

I realise this may be a bit of a silly question, but on average how many marks do you need to pay for a decent piece of armour in the Tower? I've got 54 marks for the Crucible but I don't have any idea whether that's a lot or bugger all in terms of buying something with it. At work at the mo otherwise I'd go take a look.

I realise this may be a bit of a silly question, but on average how many marks do you need to pay for a decent piece of armour in the Tower? I've got 54 marks for the Crucible but I don't have any idea whether that's a lot or bugger all in terms of buying something with it. At work at the mo otherwise I'd go take a look.

I think you need to be level 2 and have 65 marks to start getting the good stuff.

I have marks in the hundreds, but am still only 25% into level 1... :(

Another tip for handing in bounties even if you have Levelled up your gear and don't need the exp, equip some non levelled stuff you are going to dismantle, then after handing in the bounty and levelling the crap item when dismantled it returns loads more materials

Even if you don't purchase the upgrades on the item?

25% into level 1 of what? Vanguard Level?

Crucible level for crucible loot.

In other news my relationship with this game has gone a bit love/hate. I'm so hooked on these purple carrots on sticks that I've not even looked at Last of Us remastered, Killzone and Infamous. Not even put them in the machine. Plus, my missus, who has never really been around me playing online (before this, I hadn't played competitive multiplayer since Halo 3 and didn't even know my wife then!) doesn't get that she can't pop in for a smooch or start a conversation because my team of strangers are only 250 points down in 6v6 with a minute to go and my special ability is fully charged.

It's exhausting...

Just fought my way to the winter kell as a queens bounty, only to get disconnected as I enter the throne room. :(

Can you not go back to the mission and click on Continue to carry on from your last checkpoint?

Not sure if you can from a d/c. But I could do that the last time I got booted to orbit at least.