IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Loving the Queen's bounty stuff. Went from 21 to 24 in about an hours plays, thanks to a legendary facemask and a legendary piece of chest armor, the story mission on earth takes no time at all.

How does it work though, do you get two goes at it, as basically we did the earth story mission twice when a mate was leading, then it was greyed out for him. I then took fireteam leadership as it was greyed out for me and we did a mission on the moon. They it went greyed out for me, however not for my other mate who hadn't been fireteam leader at all. Didn't get to do it again, as quite frankly it's really late now!

That's what I was meaning too really.

On the original Xbox, tbb and I must have played assault on the control room on Halo 100 times with no achievements, loot or levelling and it was awesome because the mechanics of it was great.

Yeah but you can't seriouly think that destiny has the depth of AotCR. There is nothing like the variety.

Three helms!!

Thanks for the group Comrade and mike, apologies for my lack of chat too. For some reason my pulse headset only works for chat if I exit the game and change settings to voice only.

No problem, I had a great time. Just sorry you had to endure my coughing and sniffing over the mic.

Tonight was a good night, Queen's Bounty stuff for turning into shards to upgrade my gear, which is good. Tried the Weekly Nightfall Strike as well, Failed on the boss the first time, god damn Minotaurs. Second time we epic failed in basically the first room, Third times a charm though! There was much rejoicing and dancing on the bosses corpse and then the end of mission screen appeared, cue stunned silence and then much shouting and cheering!

post-19556-0-79122600-1411524075_thumb.j

and I got started on a second Exotic Bounty!

Smug mode well and truly engaged, then I handed a shit load of Engrams to the Cryptarch and he reminded me who the boss is :(

Question(s).

Are you more likely to get legendaries and exotics by doing strikes on the hardest difficulty setting?

I completed a couple of the queens bounties last night. Defeating Riksis and some other chap. What is supposed to happen now? I received some queens rep but I thought some missions were supposed to open up on the Reef?

Left on the orbit screen above the daily crucible icon. They're just the same story missions as before but on a higher difficulty

Mr Ben, hope you don't mind me jumping into your Queens Wrath mission to help out this evening. I was just about to do it myself (and the Winter Kell bounty) so it was perfect timing. Apologies, I didn't have my headset handy to say hello.

No worries. I played like a spacker no thanks to my lack of sleep. I need to go to bed earlier methinks.

Sorry if asked already, but what level do I need to be at to take in some Queen Bounty action? Still labouring at level 12 currently but making progress each night.

Same here (level 14 myself) I assume level 20 upwards. I just don't have the time to invest in the game like some of you fine chaps on here do. Ah well, nearly there.

You can do the queen's bounty missions at any level, as long as you've unlocked the necessary story mission (eg the fall of winter on venus), as I've been doing them on my level 15-18 warlock just fine. Obviously can't do the follow up story missions until 20, but nothing to stop you doing the bounties and building that rep ahead of time.

I wondered how the bloody queens shit worked. Why they can't use the two hours of loading screens each night to actually fill you in on a few things I don't know.

Having said that the weekly we did last night has restored my faith in this game. Dunno if it's related to the patch (which apparently makes stuff easier) but the balancing was spot on and it was a proper challenge throughout.

I'd done all the strikes a few times. I didn't want to play them anymore for 40 mins with the slow takedown of a bullet sponge boss for the small fruit machine chance of something good. That was just me though.

The level 24 strikes take about 5 minutes if you're overlevelled :lol:

I'm not really sure there's anything left for me to do now except the raid. I don't actually need any better gear, I don't expect to find any outside of the raid either.

Here's how I got everything:

ydxMEEV.jpg

I didn't do any grinding, just played strikes with friends including the dailies and weeklies. The other nice loot I've encountered is:

Exotic gauntlets "sunbreakers" bought from Xur, dismantled in favour of the chestpiece.

Legendary handcannon (I forget the name) found at the cave, dismantled for the shards.

Legendary autorifle "shadow price", given as a reward for hitting vanguard rank 3 (I switch to this for PVP)

Legendary chestpiece, bought with vanguard points. Dismantled after getting the exotic.

Did I just get lucky or are most people playing it wrong?

Moz didn't do any grinding - got a legendary hand cannon at the loot cave.

I'm 23 at the moment, have done all the story missions, played Strike playlists a few tines, Crucible several times, and done a few of the daily heroics, and last weeks weekly heroic strike.

Haven't been given any legendaries at all. I've got something like 40 marks in each of Vanguard and Crucible, and I think I'm level 1 with each, although I can't see that on the app. It looks like they're both about to level up though. My Cryptarch is about to ping over to level 4.