IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

The Jovian Complex for the upcoming dlc is somewhere you can sort of go already in the game.

It's where you go for the array mission on earth but if you head left into what looks like a crashed hive ship before the building and do some digging the map description changes to Jovian Complex but there's nothing there at the moment

Literally any one will do. Once you can get legendary ones, just get one that good stability and a decent clip size. With decent stability you don't even need to fire in bursts, you can just unload the whole clip.

It's this sort of thing I'm lacking. I'm rocking poverty spec assault rifle and shotgun in PvP because my solo gear that's good is all precision stuff. But I'm crap with them against the denizens of the real.

Damage wise everything gets levelled out in PvP, but unlocked skills on the guns aren't, so if you've built up a good one and unlocked all the good sights and reload speed etc, you still get to use those. Same with unlocked character skills; high level players can go to sights quicker, throw grenades more often, use supers more, have more synergy between their skills and armour, so saying everyone is level in PvP isn't true at all; higher level players do have a distinct advantage over low levels, just not in damage or health.

Get to the crucible you pussies. Of course you'll get the crap kicked out of you your first couple of games, but as you learn the maps and formulate a play style, seeing your improvements is hugely rewarding. I hadn't played a competitive fps in 8 years before this, and no matter how bad your first three or four games are, they'd have to go a distance to be worse than mine. Now I kick ass.

This. Etc. I only stated playing PvP again this year with Killzone, admittedly BF4 is pretty full on but the Crucible has quite clearly been designed and balanced for everyone to be competitive or at least not annihilated, when its tied in to progress as it is in Destiny its the only way. I love the chaos.

Damage wise everything gets levelled out in PvP, but unlocked skills on the guns aren't, so if you've built up a good one and unlocked all the good sights and reload speed etc, you still get to use those. Same with unlocked character skills; high level players can go to sights quicker, throw grenades more often, use supers more, have more synergy between their skills and armour, so saying everyone is level in PvP isn't true at all; higher level players do have a distinct advantage over low levels, just not in damage or health.

The one ive got my eye on is Shadow Price with the vanguard quartermaster. It has a stability upgrade. So im assuming it is the most stable legendary auto rifle you can buy?

They should disable all the perks on your levelled up gear in Crucible. This is supposedly the reason you're only allowed one Exotic armour and weapon.

Pretty sure they all are. My exotic shotgun that regenerates ammo does not regenerate ammo in the crucible for example.

I don't seem to have had any of these issues in the crucible where players have abilities or equipment that makes me feel like it's massively unfair.

Are you a Hunter with Blade dancer? ;)

Am I right in thinking you only have to do the rep grind to 3 once, as you can then trade the weapons with your other guys through the vault?

It does seem like this is the way it works. Not got to 3 to test yet though.

I gave my first go at a Queen's mission just now. I was doing OK, actually. A couple of silly deaths, but nothing I couldn't handle. Then I got to a bigger room with a few shielded Knights, a Wizard and a heap of Acolytes. Running out of ammo for my coloured weapons became a problem. Would definitely prefer to do it with friends!

I really like the idea of a call for help button. There has been a few times where I've seen people on my roster in missions by themselves for ages and I've wondered if they wanted a hand or were keen to do it solo.

Just having a convoluted way of locking your fireteam from people doesn't really make it clear.

Totally. I got battered by the same lvl 27 hunter dude in 3 consecutive control games. He was consistently top of the table. A lot of that will be skill, but having assault rifles that fire twice as fast probably helps.

I miss halo. At least I couldn't blame my kit

Bright side - I can blame my kit. :)

I don't have a single legendary item, just a full set of blue armour and blue guns. As a level 20, I found my ability to kill and to stay alive was decent enough. I think it's reasonable for a level 10 to feel hard done by. Once you're 20, it's on you if you're dying too much.

I tried an auto rifle for PvP for a couple of games and just couldn't get on with it. I found it encouraged me to run about trying to be Rambo rather than thinking about the situation first and 9/10 I'd get taken out.

It seems I'm against the norm here but my perfect setup is scout rifle and shotgun (sometimes swapping for a sniper on open levels). I find it offers decent damage up close and far away.

I sometimes get caught out at short-mid range where the rifle is too slow and the shotgun can't really reach but that's when I kick off the golden gun.

I think it's all about finding the combination that works for your play style, learning the maps and working with others in your fireteam (either fighting with the main group, flanking if you know the map or going for objectives, etc).

I don't have a single legendary item, just a full set of blue armour and blue guns. As a level 20, I found my ability to kill and to stay alive was decent enough. I think it's reasonable for a level 10 to feel hard done by. Once you're 20, it's on you if you're dying too much.

Shut it you.

What do I need to do to play Queen's Mission ?

Every time you complete the Queen's bounties (which are available for a limited time), you get to try a Queen's Mission, which is basically a random story mission but at a high difficulty (lvl. 24); complete that, and you're guaranteed to get a Legendary item, although the missions are very tough. Because of the high difficulty, you also need a high-ish levelled character.

Got my warlock to 20, equipped the legendary gloves I've had sat in the bank (the only legendary that has dropped for my titan!), plus a blue chest I got in a crucible game and ding! 21 almost immediately! :D

Don't know what it is, but I seem to be much better in PvP as my warlock than my titan, even though nothing really changes apart from the occasional super usage. Oh well!

Really enjoying this now. Love the designs, it's all gone a bit Hellraiser meets the Mines of Moria. I'm thinking that's how the story will pan out in the longterm, some kind of heaven and hell battle. I mean, I'm a reanimated person with a ghost.

Only a lowly Level 8 at the moment after re-starting twice because I didn't like my character design (which you hardly ever see).

Tries to join a couple of you guys last night but my Level was too piddly. Joined a multiplayer in the Crucible and got totally destroyed by L27's! So at the moment I'm just happily grinding my way through the Story missions.