IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

The low impact of the gun makes it a bit useless in PVP, just like the hard light exotic I've got. You need about 6-8 bodyshots or 2-3 headshots to down someone! Considering the number of instakill weapons (shotgun, pulse rifle, fusion rifle, melee, grenades, sniper rifle) a low impact autorifle just doesn't cut it. You're dead before their shield pops half the time :(

That the case when it's upgraded?

I'd love to have a bash at the Queen's bounty missions before they disappear but I'm only at 22 (although I'm close to upgrading an armour piece that should take me over to 23). If anyone's up for helping out tonight that would be excellent.

I'm sure I could help out on a couple over the weekend (Lvl 26).. I'm still after the Sniper Rifle :)

The low impact of the gun makes it a bit useless in PVP, just like the hard light exotic I've got. You need about 6-8 bodyshots or 2-3 headshots to down someone! Considering the number of instakill weapons (shotgun, pulse rifle, fusion rifle, melee, grenades, sniper rifle) a low impact autorifle just doesn't cut it. You're dead before their shield pops half the time :(

I can imagine. I haven't tried it yet as I don't particularly enjoy competitive multiplayer in this game, but I'm going to have to get stuck into some for the next part of my exotic bounty whether I like it or not. I picked up a legendary hand cannon that I might try for PvP, but I'm a full auto kinda guy at heart.

I'm sure I could help out on a couple over the weekend (Lvl 26).. I'm still after the Sniper Rifle :)

If its after ten I'll help out - level 24 here, nearly 25.

Thanks! I'll be on late tonight for sure and probably again late on Sat/Sun so whenever works best for you guys is good with me. I've completed two Queen's bounties so far; are a couple of runs generally enough to get some nice gear? Or should I try and complete a couple more early this evening?

I just received the Voidfang Vestaments (exotic warlock robes) from a purple engram, i've always liked that Cryptarch guy :wub:

EDIT: Pic!

post-63-0-11757300-1412338623_thumb.jpg

I've dropped from 28 and a half to just over 27 in the pursuit of a better looking outfit, and i'm ok with it.

Anyone looking for a third to make up a team for level 24 strikes, queens bounty missions or the weekly heroic this weekend on XBO don't hesitate to message me if I'm on line but otherwise engaged. A relative explosion of new games to try but I want to keep plugging away at this inbetween to reach a suitable level for the raid.

Strange coins also drop from blue engrams btw.

I'd love to have a bash at the Queen's bounty missions before they disappear but I'm only at 22 (although I'm close to upgrading an armour piece that should take me over to 23). If anyone's up for helping out tonight that would be excellent.

Yep, drop us an invite, should be around after 9-10pm tonight, happy to do some Queens bounty missions.

That the case when it's upgraded?

There's probably an option to up the impact a bit at the cost of range and/or stability.

In PVP it will always do the damage as it gets flattened for balancing.

I've got the hard light exotic which has really similar stats (it's a bit better on range and stability, smaller magazine) it's fun to use in PVE but just not very effective in PVP because the impact is so low.

Ultimately they're both pretty good but I would go with shadow price. If you can get Doctor Nope with the stability mod they're probably much of a muchness.

Has anybody else had any luck with the DestinyPublicEvents site? I'm 4 no shows using it :(

It has worked for me every time dude (Only used it 3 times though. 4 if you count the time I couldn't figure out how to get to the Scablands in time :P).

I need 4 strange coins to get myself a treat then. As I've done the weekly strike on the default setting, I understand I can get 3 more by doing it on the next difficulty?

Xbox guys - anyone interested tonight?

I'll have to try pick up a 4th from a public event I think :)

Arc shields seem to be the least common type - the Vex are all over the void shields, and the Cabal and the Hive are flaunting their curves in this season's hottest look, solar shields, but you don't seem to get many enemies using Arc. It's annoying, because my sole legendary weapon is that shotgun, the Comedian, but I never seem to get to use it.

There's probably an option to up the impact a bit at the cost of range and/or stability.

In PVP it will always do the damage as it gets flattened for balancing.

I've got the hard light exotic which has really similar stats (it's a bit better on range and stability, smaller magazine) it's fun to use in PVE but just not very effective in PVP because the impact is so low.

Ultimately they're both pretty good but I would go with shadow price. If you can get Doctor Nope with the stability mod they're probably much of a muchness.

I have the "gets more stable the longer its fired" perk on Dr Nope which turns it in to an absolute beast with the stability upgrade. I wouldn't swap its rate of fire for impact and I do fine in PvP with it. They are similar if you take the right upgrades though.