IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Got kicked to orbit on the nightfall twice last night thanks to that utter rocketfaced dick and was thinking maybe of giving Destiny a break, I've been grinding it out a lot lately. I then did the lvl 30 heroic with a my lvl 28 alt and got a sexy legendary mask which took her up to lvl 29. I am so back in the game.

/shakesfistatdestiny.

When does that knobhead Xur wake up?

I'm guessing due to BST it will be 10am.

So, with the weekly update we can show our helmets to everyone in the tower and special ammo nerf in crucible.

So it'll make even more of a hand cannon city than it already is. Plus invective and ice breaker will probably negate that ammo reduction.

Go team Bungie.

The item locking thing is pretty cool, in fairness. Should stop Drunk Gorf from trashing any more legendaries.

Perfect, thanks! Just bought the expansion pass, so hopefully it'll be downloaded by the time I'm in from work.

A little tip but make sure you do the Eris morn tasks straight away, it locks you out of some stuff until they are completed as I found out with my third character yesterday!

The item locking thing is pretty cool, in fairness. Should stop Drunk Gorf from trashing any more legendaries.

Hey! I was stone-cold sober when I did that, and still in my formative Destiny phase, just learning the nuances of the game such as 'don't trash legendaries... until you've been playing for a few months, when you will have learned to sigh every time one drops or comes as a reward and immediately shard it.' You know, like everyone does with Hawkmoon. And everything else in the game apart from Gjallarhorn.

And it was rubbish anyway. Bloody void sniper rifles, can't move for them eh lads?

June is looking busy already with Batman Arkham Knight, Project Cars & Witcher 3.

I was hoping it would drop this month.

Just make sure you finish Witcher in May.

Batman will probably only be a 10-20 hour game so no issue. :hat:

Bloody Xur, I was one mote short so have just done some of whatsherface bounties and got one - handed it over to be given a Starfire Protocol from him for the second time, this one has +4 intellect so not going to bother and shard it.

May be a cheap week again, Suros isn't my kinda gun but then I am tempted to add it to the collection!

Wouldn't they have said a date by now though?

They announced the date for The Dark Below six weeks beforehand, so if they stick to that schedule, there's still time... just. Of course, they might not leave such a long lead-in, but I have to admit I've been expecting it to slip to June for a while now.

Bloody Xur, I was one mote short so have just done some of whatsherface bounties and got one - handed it over to be given a Starfire Protocol from him for the second time, this one has +4 intellect so not going to bother and shard it.

May be a cheap week again, Suros isn't my kinda gun but then I am tempted to add it to the collection!

You should still get it. It will prob be no land beyond next week. You have enough time to get the coins back. Suros is also good for running Crota to get health back.

So, with the weekly update we can show our helmets to everyone in the tower and special ammo nerf in crucible.

So it'll make even more of a hand cannon city than it already is. Plus invective and ice breaker will probably negate that ammo reduction.

Go team Bungie.

The best bit is how heavy will dissapear if you leave it on the floor, removing what was previously a tactical choice to save you're heavy until the other team have exhausted theirs. Now everyone will just die to each others heavy in 30 seconds. Obviously not how Bungie intend us to play.

The best bit is how heavy will dissapear if you leave it on the floor, removing what was previously a tactical choice to save you're heavy until the other team have exhausted theirs. Now everyone will just die to each others heavy in 30 seconds. Obviously not how Bungie intend us to play.

Sure, they are completely fucking destroying PvP balance; however, we can now all wear the same raid helmet in the tower!

The PVP stuff has such a high barrier to entry now you can understand the changes - what it needs is private and custom matches/servers so people can play same level like minded teams

Facing a team who have comms that are heavy ammo camping is about as much fun as aids so you can see why they want to address that for the newbies and equally can see why the seasoned players are up in arms.

The PVP stuff has such a high barrier to entry now you can understand the changes - what it needs is private and custom matches/servers so people can play same level like minded teams

Facing a team who have comms that are heavy ammo camping is about as much fun as aids so you can see why they want to address that for the newbies and equally can see why the seasoned players are up in arms.

Fair point.

Yup. Incredulous.

I love this quote from the weekly update.

"We wanted players to really think about how and when they should use their ammo. The hope is that youll ask yourself questions like:

"Is this snipe worth it right now?"

"Should I really shotgun rush these players?"

"Should I conserve ammo until the next crate?

Well, yeah of course I'm going to use it now. If I don't use it and I die I'll lose my ammo and it'll be another 5 minutes before the next one spawns.

They'll create it so hand cannons will be overused and then the typical "well we didn't expect it to be this way"

Then reduce effectiveness of them. Why the hell not. They've butchers AR's

They're heading down the same road many mmo's have travelled by nerfing PvE because of PvP.

I haven't touched Destiny in about 2 or more weeks now. Cant say I miss the game, other than the shooting mechanics when playing stuff like Borderlands 2. That's the one thing Bungie seem to get right all the time.

The changes don't affect PvE though, do they?

Guess work ahead: If it's just crates they don't but if its less ammo when you spawn they do - including Vex which is a special weapon that goes on primary.

Gjallerhorn friday arrived at last.

Edit.... Scrap that, I think scrota lied.

Edit, edited.... I have it, it was because I changed character instead of going to orbit, as soon as I started as the hunter tonight it popped into my inventory...phew.