Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I've kind of made it my mission to not leave the beta until I've got a fully upgraded load out of green/uncommon clothing and weapons!

I'm actually not that far off doing it either.

God knows how many hours I've put into the Alpha and Beta, but I still find myself spending hours exploring the map and doing public events (this is despite already getting all 5 gold chests).. Fear the full game is going to end me!

I read a post on Reddit that said that Auto was the weapon to use in the crucible. I'm a bit partial to the Pulse rifle for single player at the moment though.

Fuck yeah. Love me my auto rifle on crucible, although a shotty for enclosed spaces is unbeatable ala halo . Lvl up your double jump / lift and if it gets hairy take to the skies and unload your AR Into faces.

Aw man, this is some good shit. It feels immediately familiar, but definitely a step forward for Bungie. And the 360 version plays brilliantly.

Well, I think that's me out of this until release (apart from dropping in on Saturday for whatever goodies we get - moon map hopefully).

Taken all three classes to L8 now and mostly greened the gear on each. I think I prefer Warlock, so will start with that come September. I initially hated its floaty glide, but once you learn the double tap for max height, the turning when airborne, and the tap again to drop out of it, it becomes a hugely powerful way to maneuver around a map/combat bowl. Just a shame you can't ADS while gliding, it drops you out of the glide the second you scope - would probably be too powerful if you could aim while gliding and spinning.

Not bothered with PvP at all, but just love wandering around the cosmodrome, sparrowing, killing shit and hopping in to help other groups/fireteams/lone wolves as they do pretty much the same.

Utterly brilliant stuff, Bungie. Roll on September.

Oof, the multiplayer is brilliant.

It's good but I can't fully connect with it for some reason. Much prefer the fireteam on a planet stuff. I think the balance is off slightly which obviously they can correct. (I'm assuming by multiplayer you mean the crucible stuff?)

Lots of disconnects for me so far this evening, only got a quick go as well. Had a quick go on the crucible/mp, will be avoiding that come release, not my cup of tea. Try and get back on before they shut it on Sun night as away for the wkend now which is annoying.

And the crucible/mp announcer is David Harewood apparently, well that's what my missus just told me as she recognised his voice and he told her he was working on a game a while back and looks like she's right. Still sound rubbish though. ;)

Beta now open to everyone no key required - come fill your boots :

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11962

The Beta has been eye-opening so far. Weve watched the world of Destiny come to life. Guardians from every platform have arrived at the Tower from their battles in the wild. We have watched your adventures with great interest, and listened to your feedback. Your missions have provided us with volumes of discoveries we can use to prepare for the launch of Destiny in September.

Our work is not done. There is more we can learn. To make this happen, we need more Guardians to play. This is, above all else, a test.

Today, at 4:00 PM PDT, were opening the Destiny Beta to anyone who wants to create a character and walk in their boots. There are, of course, some requirements. Youll need to have a compatible console equipped with PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold. Youll need to be brave.

Help us deliver the game you deserve. Before we shut this party down, well welcome everyone who wants a preview of this brave new world. If you have yet to play Destiny, look for offers to download the Beta directly from your console later on this afternoon.

If you have played the Beta, please prepare for new arrivals. We know you wont go easy on them in the Crucible. Show no mercy.

And the crucible/mp announcer is David Harewood apparently, well that's what my missus just told me as she recognised his voice and he told her he was working on a game a while back and looks like she's right. Still sound rubbish though. ;)

Doesn't sound that much like him. You sure he wasn't telling your missus about being in Killzone: SF?

Played the XO and 360 versions today — great how your character is available on each. After the PS4 version, I wanted to try the XO one mainly for pad reasons. Still would swear that triggers are better on the PS, but sticks nowhere near as good for this as the XO.

Very jarring going to 360 to begin with. But, after an hour or so, it stops seeming so low res and the gameplay makes it feel exactly the same. Some pretty jumpy framerate issues at times, but not a real issue at all. Still — first game for me that truly shows how much shine/smooth the new systems add.

Didn't get to play a full fireteam with the ps4, through lack of mates on there and also network issues. Just played pretty much all the beta with Jon on the 360 and it held up the whole time. Some life in the old dog yet.

Absolutely wholly consumed with the hype. Cannot wait until retail.