Destiny: FIN

If you level up a weapon before you use it to infuse into another, the weapon being infused will more likely go to the light level of the weapon you just used to infuse.

So if you have a light level 280 gun, and you find a blue that's 290, level up the 290 then infuse it into the 280, and its more likely the 280 will get closer to 290 (rather than, say 285or slightly lower)

Gotta say, not impressed with the Crucible nightfall tier rewards so far. 2 weeks and had the same armour I already had, sometimes with worse stats to boot. Both have been year 2 versions of year 1 armour as well, nothing new.

If you level up a weapon before you use it to infuse into another, the weapon being infused will more likely go to the light level of the weapon you just used to infuse.

So if you have a light level 280 gun, and you find a blue that's 290, level up the 290 then infuse it into the 280, and its more likely the 280 will get closer to 290 (rather than, say 285or slightly lower)

I found infusing seems to work in increments of 4 or 5. If i put a 295 into a 290 i tend to get 295, maybe just my luck, but seems to be like that all the time for me.

Sorry, some stupid questions: I've just bought the Taken King Legendary Edition; do I have to uninstall my existing copy of vanilla Destiny before installing the one in this bundle? Also, do you have to complete the Vault of Glass in order to progress through the storyline missions in all of the DLC after vanilla? Me and my Destiny pal never bothered with doing it and aren't rrally interested in the grind but we want to play more story missions and strikes.

Thanks!

Guild Wars!

I'm a bit confused as to whether I've actually installed this now. I just redeemed the code in the box rather than re-installing the game from the disc and the PS4 says that both DLCs and the Taken King are installed, but it didn't download anything - I thought all the VO work was re-done, and there were new maps?

Sorry, some stupid questions: I've just bought the Taken King Legendary Edition; do I have to uninstall my existing copy of vanilla Destiny before installing the one in this bundle? Also, do you have to complete the Vault of Glass in order to progress through the storyline missions in all of the DLC after vanilla? Me and my Destiny pal never bothered with doing it and aren't rrally interested in the grind but we want to play more story missions and strikes.

Thanks!

Install wise the TTK stuff is just DLC you activate. No need to reinstall. The base game has it all installed.

Motherfuckin Oryx down!

Ten days since we first went in and man, what an experience. The raid was everything I'd hoped it would be even with all the lows when we couldn't get <redacted> down and then about 6 hours in total on Oryx himself. But going in blind and working our way through it all and then when he finally went down, what a rush.

Bertie, Fin, Weavus, Marmite and David, big up yourselves.

See ya tuesday. :)

Got to complete the raid tonight, bastarding platforming man....thanks for the invite lads.

3 guns, 3 bits of armour (if you count my 3 of coins, 310, no back up plans that is), decent run. Got the 310 legendary gauntlets, its pity though the engram was the exotic gauntlets.

This is weird. I've been farming for Black Wax Idols off and on tonight, before and after the raid, and I swear Bungie have added some form of anti farm code to the game, because I'm getting very little, if any of them to drop off any of the Hive majors.

I had zero drop in the raid as well, which seems odd given the number of majors present in the raid encounters. This seems kind of broken considering Court of Oryx T2 runes can be purchased from Eris for 20 Black Wax Idols.

I also had 1 drop from approximately 10 of the T1 runes doing Court of Oryx. That's an alarmingly low drop rate, and the T1's cost 10 Black Wax Idols from Eris as well, so its not feasible to buy those either.

I levelled Eris up yesterday, and didn't get an Antiquated Rune either, so that isn't a guaranteed drop from her reputation packages :(

Time to level up a crucible loadout for banner & trials I think. Busted out all three raid runs by Wednesday had ended so nightfall strikes this morning followed by some court of oryx before non stop crucible skills sharpening!!

Plus let's see what old squid face is selling.

Congrats to the raid crew! I jumped in on a late one with Donut and co last night, was a complete shitshow as far as loot goes (300 gloves, which I already have a 305 of and a 302 hand cannon that got insta-infused) but fuck me that whole thing is just so much fun. The new meta is exotic sword R2 attacks to push pals off ledges while you wait for others to finish certain environmental sections. Burned through an entire heavy synth doing that last night. I regret nothing.

To other business: is there an accepted best practice for getting strange coins now? I had like six left when Xur fucked off last Sunday, have somehow got 70-odd across two characters since and I honestly have no idea where they've come from. Not that I'm complaining, just wondering.

What a great raid Kings Fall is; it felt great to finally beat it and only the last fight gave us a few nights of frustration, the rest of it all felt fair with really well thought out mechanics. The last battle suddenly goes from feeling impossible to feeling totally doable and straightforward once it clicks... feels really odd when that happens!

I managed to walk away with the pulse rifle with firefly which is exactly what I said I wanted so am mega chuffed - bit of a crappy damage roll at 303 but I'll take it :P

I'm looking forward to the reset and seeing how fast we can get through everything now and to test out my black spindle on it!

Congrats to the raid crew! I jumped in on a late one with Donut and co last night, was a complete shitshow as far as loot goes (300 gloves, which I already have a 305 of and a 302 hand cannon that got insta-infused) but fuck me that whole thing is just so much fun. The new meta is exotic sword R2 attacks to push pals off ledges while you wait for others to finish certain environmental sections. Burned through an entire heavy synth doing that last night. I regret nothing.

To other business: is there an accepted best practice for getting strange coins now? I had like six left when Xur fucked off last Sunday, have somehow got 70-odd across two characters since and I honestly have no idea where they've come from. Not that I'm complaining, just wondering.

You get them for just about everything now. Even turning in bounties gets you motes and coins and engrams. Any faction or cryptarch packages will have a load in, crucible drops loads too.

Much better system now, everything feels like a reward now.