IGNORED

PWiiorders

rubberducker

Call me a mentalist, but I might well use DVD Box Office for my pre-order. That's www.dvdboxoffice.com for anyone who's not used them before.

Alternatively, some of the asian sites may get US versions in stock at the same time as the US ones. PlayAsia and YesAsia immediately spring to mind.

You could try Yongsan Northy but you'll be paying premium price...

i'll probably use Woolworths cos they came through with my 360. i will be preordering asap though after last year's fiasco but i'm confident there will be enough to go around.

Definitely Woolies.

They have a proper multi-channel supply chain set-up (order in store, deliver to home etc) that can handle pre-orders. Processes and systems in place and proven to work.

Definitely Woolies.

They have a proper multi-channel supply chain set-up (order in store, deliver to home etc) that can handle pre-orders. Processes and systems in place and proven to work.

I'd just like to add my support for the two earlier statements condoning Woolworths as a supplier. I was really late to the party with my 360 pre-order but I received mine as promised whilst most of the Play customers were crying and wanking on release day.

I emailed VG+ and they will be taking preorders next week:-

Hello Matt,

We should be adding our Wii section and the System for Preordering Very soon early next week. We are just finalizing some details.

I have kept your name and email on file and will email you when preorders are up.

thanks,

Sidney

Customer Service Representative

VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA

Spooky! I mailed them and got a word for word replica of that message!

Except I also asked if they were doing bundles, to which they replied: "We're not sure on the bundles yet"

Turns out I have a mate of a mate who's in the States; hopefully getting it FedEx'd on a work account so no import duty wootage <_<

Just been into Game in Newcastle as I'd "registered my interest" there weeks ago, I'm 15th of a list of close to one hundred people who have already registered. Apparently they are running their pre-orders centrally this time so I will be getting contacted by Game when I'm actually able to reserve my unit. Presumably this is to avoid any repetition of the 360 launch.

thought you weren't especially convinced about the wii? :o

I know nintendo have said six million by march, but have they mentioned a launch window figure (ie before chrimbo). a worldwide launch is a huge strain on a company's supply of product (as sony will atest).

is current thinking suggesting that ninty have been stockpiling for a while, or is it looking more like the 360 launch...

thought you weren't especially convinced about the wii? :o

That's just the thing. I'm not....the games aren't doing much for me, the console is a bit underpowered and the controller looks - to me - as though it may well become tiresome rather quickly. Yet I've owned each of their major releases (revisions of hardware I already own aside) since the NES. I imported GBA, GC & DS. When they announced the rather unjust price for the Wii my doubts were confirmed and I would simply be waiting to get one. Waiting until the inevitable fast-fix price drop!

But....

Today, I've decided that I'll definitely be getting one ASAP. It's Nintendo and their clearly black magic triggered allure! :o:o

Well, I've bought mine from play.com, even though most have you have been saying how poor it is!

Im not fussed on actually *getting* it on release date - before XMAS holidays at least would be good. But I did want to just pay for it (and zelda) right now and get it out of the way.

I'll be interested to see if it arrives on time though. And I'll keep you up to date.

D

I'm not a Ninty Basher. But.

Why do I feel that the Wii is gonna be the biggest dissapointment since... ehr... anything !?

Begone from this thread! I ran away rom the other one and thought in a pre-order thread it would be a big love in.

Lets be nice in this one.