Bad Beats

Okey doke, I'll get us started.

Signed up to VC poker to get the free $10 (no deposit required) and decided to use it to learn/practice NL Hold 'em ring games and sit down at a .02/.04 NLHE table for some jucy $1 pots. On my 3rd ever hand (I've only played NL tourneys and sit 'n' gos) I'm on the button and EVERYONE limps to me, I call with Ac 8c. SB calls, BB checks and the flop comes 4c 9c 2c - teh nuts!!! Everyone checks, I bet, one person calls, turn is Qd, I bet, idiot raises, I push all-in, idiot calls, river is 4d, idiot shows Q 4 for the rivered full house.

I can normally resist tilt but I left the table and went a bit mental, for some reason deciding to sit down at a PL Omaha table!? I hit a queen high flush on my 1st hand and doubled up and my sanity returned, I switched the PC off and did something else.

Oh yeah, most of the other players had stacks of $5-$10 on the $0.02/0.04 NLHE table, why would they sit down with 250BB rather than moving up a level?

Oh yeah, most of the other players had stacks of $5-$10 on the $0.02/0.04 NLHE table, why would they sit down with 250BB rather than moving up a level?

Because having the table covered is extremely important in cash games.

After the break in my recent post about a 10 Euro rebuy I was playing, I had about 30k in chips, above the average. I was on the button, and a very conservative pre-flop player tripled the BB to 6,000, folded round to my right, who pushed in for an extra 1,000. I looked at my cards to find....pocket aces. I called the 7,000, as I knew that the original raiser must have had a very high pair (Jacks, Queens, Or Kings), from watching him play all night. So, I figured I'd see the flop for 7,000, and if it came 10 high or less, I'd push. Flop came 6-6-10 rainbow. I pushed, as I knew the other player hadn't made a house, from his reaction to the flop and his pre-flop raise. He quickly called and turned over kings, confirming my read. I turned over my aces, feeling pretty good about my chances (about 88% to win, correct?) The pre-flop all in player turned over J-Q, so he'd have needed running cards to win.

The turn came a king, meaning I was drawing dead due to the other player's open-ended straight draw.

What a way to end the night. :) I played perfect poker all night, gave absolutely nothing away, got really lucky once, but I rarely had to show my cards to win a pot.

650 quid, first prize was, that night. I could have sat back if I had won that hand, only play premium hands, and cruise into the money.

The turn came a king, meaning I was drawing dead due to the other player's open-ended straight draw.

Er, a Full House beats a straight. Board of T66 means the two Aces are still live for you when the King comes.

I don't like preflop play. Actually, I really hate it. Reraise preflop. You want to be going headsup with a high pocket pair. The more people in it, the less change they'll hold up. Sure he almost certainly won't have laid down his Kings, but that's just results oriented thinking. And, of course, had he done so you'd have been laughing. Your play immediately looks like Jacks, Queens, maybe AT or something similar and why are you letting someone you think might be holding Queens or Jacks (or, hell, anything?!) in for a relatively cheap flop when you currently hold the best possible hand?

Er, a Full House beats a straight. Board of T66 means the two Aces are still live for you when the King comes.

I don't like preflop play. Actually, I really hate it. Reraise preflop. You want to be going headsup with a high pocket pair. The more people in it, the less change they'll hold up. Sure he almost certainly won't have laid down his Kings, but that's just results oriented thinking. And, of course, had he done so you'd have been laughing. Your play immediately looks like Jacks, Queens, maybe AT or something similar and why are you letting someone you think might be holding Queens or Jacks (or, hell, anything?!) in for a relatively cheap flop when you currently hold the best possible hand?

Didn't realise about the full house. I was still reeling from seeing the king, to be honest.

First of all, I couldn't narrow the field with a re-raise, there was only the three of us in the pot, and one of them had gone all in for 7,000 before me, so he was in the pot regardless. The small blind was dead, as the player had just been knocked out, and the BB had his cards held between his fingers, ready to muck them. If the raiser was paying attention, he would have known that I don't put a quarter of my chips into the pot pre-flop with anything but a high pocket pair. I'd have known if he hit the flop, 'cos he had a very consistent tell (he leant forward in his chair very noticeably if he flopped a big hand, he'd been doing it all night), so I could use that and my read of his play to get the hell away if he flopped a set.

Like it or not, I feel I made the right play, I got unlucky in the end, and whatever way I played, I was going to go bust. And it may sound stupid, but I've had aces cracked an AWFUL lot of times lately, way more than the 20 or so percent of the time they will be cracked by a smaller pair, so I'd lost some trust in the hand, which sounds stupidly superstitious. This was the first time I didn't make a big raise regardless of the raises into me with aces. And there was no chance in hell this guy was laying down kings.

I understand your point of view, and you were going broke whatever that hand, but I'd still want to raise it up in case he has Nines, Tens, Jacks, Queens, whatever and can lay them down... you don't know he had Kings, however easy to read he is. The less people in the pot, the better.

• 2 weeks later...

No huge complaints here; it happens to us all more often than we'd like. I'm just letting off some steam. pointer420, sitting directly to my left, was a fairly aggressive player so I decided to wait for the right opportunity to trap him and hit him hard. The chance came, I got roasted:

Hand #35598421-66 at SnG-0003c (No Limit Hold'em Sit and Go)

Started at 01/Oct/06 19:12:30

tlucas72 is at seat 0 with 2650.

_pOker_k1ng_ is at seat 2 with 2000.

Bill E Brown is at seat 5 with 3025.

pointer420 is at seat 6 with 5745.

c-creepio is at seat 9 with 1580.

The button is at seat 2.

Bill E Brown posts the small blind of 50.

pointer420 posts the big blind of 100.

tlucas72: -- --

_pOker_k1ng_: -- --

Bill E Brown: Kd Ad

pointer420: -- --

c-creepio: -- --

Pre-flop:

c-creepio folds. tlucas72 folds. _pOker_k1ng_

folds. Bill E Brown raises to 200. pointer420

calls.

Flop (board: Qd As 5h):

Bill E Brown checks. pointer420 bets 400. Bill E

Brown raises to 1600. pointer420 re-raises to 5200.

Bill E Brown goes all-in for 2825. pointer420 is

returned 2375 (uncalled).

Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:

Bill E Brown shows Kd Ad.

pointer420 shows Ac 9s.

Turn (board: Qd As 5h 3s):

(no action in this round)

River (board: Qd As 5h 3s 9h):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:

Bill E Brown has Kd Ad Qd As 9h: a pair of aces.

pointer420 has Ac 9s Qd As 9h: two pair, aces and nines.

Hand #35598421-66 Summary:

No rake is taken for this hand.

pointer420 wins 6050 with two pair, aces and nines.

• 3 months later...

It's been a while, so I thought I'd kick things off again. I've just been knocked out of a SNG with this beauty.

I'm holding 7-5 of clubs and limp from the SB. The flop comes 9-x-x, all clubs. Beautiful. I check-raise, and the BB pushes me all-in. I obviously call with a big smile on my face. He turns over K-9 of spades for top pair. Lovely. Turn: King. River: 9. Nasty.

Thankfully I don't take situations like that anywhere near as badly as I used to. Still painful, mind.

Thought I'd pop my head into 2/4 limit for a laugh....

#Game No : 5571860465

***** Hand History for Game 5571860465 *****

$2/$4 Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, January 09, 18:56:14 ET 2007

Table Jackpot #1305541 (Real Money)

Seat 4 is the button

Total number of players : 10

Seat 1: three960004 ( $199.50 )

Seat 3: Mambo66 ( $28 )

Seat 5: tally666 ( $71.50 )

Seat 8: Cowie3 ( $87.25 )

Seat 9: partywin71 ( $283.15 )

Seat 10: betkarma ( $107.50 )

Seat 7: cheekorobbin ( $60 )

Seat 6: a6pakaga6pa ( $118.25 )

Seat 2: MazaA ( $68 )

Seat 4: FMAOP ( $89 )

tally666 posts small blind [$1].

a6pakaga6pa posts big blind [$2].

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to cheekorobbin [ Ac Jh ]

cheekorobbin calls [$2]

Cowie3 calls [$2]

partywin71 calls [$2]

betkarma folds

three960004 folds

MazaA folds

Mambo66 folds

FMAOP raises [$4]

tally666 folds

a6pakaga6pa folds

cheekorobbin calls [$2]

okay, well that's questionable I know, but it's a loose table.

Cowie3 calls [$2]

partywin71 calls [$2]

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ad, Qd, 4s ]

cheekorobbin checks

Cowie3 checks

partywin71 checks

FMAOP bets [$2]

cheekorobbin raises [$4]

Cowie3 folds

partywin71 calls [$4]

FMAOP calls [$2]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 9d ]

cheekorobbin bets [$4]

partywin71 calls [$4]

FMAOP: stupid noob lucker

FMAOP folds

** Dealing River ** [ 2d ]

cheekorobbin bets [$4]

partywin71 calls [$4]

cheekorobbin shows [ Ac, Jh ]a pair of Aces.

partywin71 shows [ 4d, Jc ]a flush, Ace high.

The time at which hand ended:Jan 09 2007 18:57 ET

partywin71 wins $44.50 from the main pot with a flush, Ace high.

Game #5571862878 starts.

lol, that's enough for 2/4 for me.

I just had two hands in a row to exit a sit and go in third - AK cracked by AJ, (K on the flop, runner runner flush), and AQ cracked by A4 (Q on the flop, runner runner straight). :) Decided to blow off some steam by going too the $0.02/$0.04 Limit game on Stars, and raise every single street (I know, I'm a prick). Q3 suited, maximum raising pre-flop against pocket kings. Q33 flop, and another 3 on the river for good measure. :)

But that's not too bad - a guy I know was playing in the main event of the Irish Poker Championship (1500 Euro entry, my brother won it last year, he was on the Poker Million, actually, if any of ye were watching it!), and he had A3s, and raised (he's an aggressive player), a guy re-raised and he flat called. Flop comes A33, he checks, other guy bets, raise, all-in, call. Cards went on their back. Full house against a pair of deuces (pocket deuces). Deuce on the turn, deuce on the river...

I just had two hands in a row to exit a sit and go in third - AK cracked by AJ, (K on the flop, runner runner flush), and AQ cracked by A4 (Q on the flop, runner runner straight). :D Decided to blow off some steam by going too the $0.02/$0.04 Limit game on Stars, and raise every single street (I know, I'm a prick). Q3 suited, maximum raising pre-flop against pocket kings. Q33 flop, and another 3 on the river for good measure. :D

But that's not too bad - a guy I know was playing in the main event of the Irish Poker Championship (1500 Euro entry, my brother won it last year, he was on the Poker Million, actually, if any of ye were watching it!), and he had A3s, and raised (he's an aggressive player), a guy re-raised and he flat called. Flop comes A33, he checks, other guy bets, raise, all-in, call. Cards went on their back. Full house against a pair of deuces (pocket deuces). Deuce on the turn, deuce on the river...

;)

Did your bro grab the other guy and shake his sleeves to see if any cards fell out?

:(

Did your bro grab the other guy and shake his sleeves to see if any cards fell out?

:( This bad beat wasn't enacted upon my brother, if you read it again!

He did however, take a bit of a beat in the secondary (€750 event). Managed, somehow, to get it all in pre-flop with KK against A9 of spades. K on the flop. And running spades to give the A9 guy the nut flush. Not nice.

:( This bad beat wasn't enacted upon my brother, if you read it again!

He did however, take a bit of a beat in the secondary (€750 event). Managed, somehow, to get it all in pre-flop with KK against A9 of spades. K on the flop. And running spades to give the A9 guy the nut flush. Not nice.

Oops, sorry "Guy you know" (euphemism for you? :( ).

I'm glad I've never got sucked out so badly when playing for significant stakes :( .

I'm shnarg (I didn't come up with the name).

***** Hand History for Game 5603152707 *****

$5 NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, January 21, 13:05:17 ET 2007

Table Table 126627 (Real Money)

Seat 9 is the button

Total number of players : 10

Seat 6: shnarg ( $1.25 )

Seat 8: dan_mono ( $5.90 )

Seat 4: Snowhick84 ( $4.48 )

Seat 1: Einrichter1 ( $3.92 )

Seat 5: Octoberz1st ( $5.33 )

Seat 3: vn_pokerface ( $2.84 )

Seat 9: frankurio ( $1.84 )

Seat 7: RobinB123 ( $1.80 )

Seat 2: The8Giants ( $1.76 )

Seat 10: Phantas777 ( $2.72 )

Einrichter1 posts small blind [$0.02].

>You have options at UK $250 Freeroll (907892) Table #43 Table!.

The8Giants posts big blind [$0.04].

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to shnarg [ Ah As ]

vn_pokerface raises [$0.08]

Snowhick84 folds

Octoberz1st folds

shnarg calls [$0.08]

RobinB123 folds

dan_mono calls [$0.08]

frankurio calls [$0.08]

Einrichter1 folds

The8Giants folds

** Dealing Flop ** [ 8c, 2h, 9d ]

vn_pokerface bets [$0.12]

shnarg calls [$0.12]

dan_mono calls [$0.12]

frankurio calls [$0.12]

** Dealing Turn ** [ Ad ]

vn_pokerface checks

shnarg bets [$0.08]

dan_mono calls [$0.08]

frankurio calls [$0.08]

vn_pokerface raises [$0.16]

shnarg raises [$0.16]

dan_mono folds

frankurio calls [$0.16]

vn_pokerface raises [$0.88]

shnarg is all-In [$0.81]

frankurio is all-In [$1.40]

vn_pokerface calls [$0.60]

** Dealing River ** [ 9c ]

vn_pokerface shows [ Kc, Ac ]two pairs, Aces and Nines.

shnarg shows [ Ah, As ]a full house, Aces full of Nines.

frankurio shows [ 9s, 9h ]four of a kind, Nines.

frankurio wins $1.13 from side pot #1 with four of a kind, Nines.

frankurio wins $3.89 from the main pot with four of a kind, Nines.

The8Giants has left the table.

Octoberz1st has left the table.

MASSIVE :unsure:

Ah the joys of the one outer. I've had a couple of these in the last couple of months. Sucks.

Ignoring the results, not reraising preflop is awful play. You HAVE to reraise here to isolate if at all possible. Going into a flop 4 way with Aces is just asking for trouble.

Ah the joys of the one outer. I've had a couple of these in the last couple of months. Sucks.

Ignoring the results, not reraising preflop is awful play. You HAVE to reraise here to isolate if at all possible. Going into a flop 4 way with Aces is just asking for trouble.

Hmm. I always thought that with AA you just smooth call a pre-flop raise and then let someone hit top pair or whatever, and then turn over your pocket Aces and kick them in teeth. Bear in mind I'm playing with idiots, who call almost anything. They've got the mentality of 'oh I've put so much into the pot, so I may as well put more in'. They don't really understand the concept of folding in the face of a raise/re-raise if they've already put money in the pot.

It's sometimes an idea to just call pre-flop with Aces, simply in the interest of varying your play, but it's just too dangerous with three others sticking around. Even up against three average hands, the chances are just too big that one of them will hit two pair or a big flush draw. By calling, you have no information about any of those three other hands, which is dangerous.

So I'm taking shot at 200NL at this happens:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero ($281.65)

UTG ($287.80)

MP ($189)

CO ($103.90)

Button (Nit retard) ($200.60)

SB ($192.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Kh, Kc. SB posts a blind of $1.

UTG calls $2, MP raises to $6, 1 fold, Button (Nit retard) calls $6, SB (poster) raises to $15, Hero calls $279.65 (All-In), UTG folds, MP folds, Button (Nit retard) calls $200.60 (All-In), SB calls $191.70 (All-In).

Flop: ($703.95) 8d, Ts, 4d (3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: ($703.95) Tc (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($703.95) 3h (3 players, 3 all-in)

Final Pot: $703.95

Results below:

SB has Qs Qc (two pair, queens and tens).

Hero has Kh Kc (two pair, kings and tens).

Nit retard has Th Td (four of a kind, tens).

Outcome: Nit retard wins $627.80. Hero wins $73.15.

The "nit retard" in question was a 13%VP$IP / 5%PFR guy. At 6 Max! Just goes to show how badly those tight players can play.

I am not amused. But have a look at the good wins thread for how I PWNED hard.

***** Hand History for Game 5622182568 *****

$5 NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, January 28, 07:42:57 ET 2007

Table Table 129258 (Real Money)

Seat 6 is the button

Total number of players : 7

Seat 4: Turboos ( $4.86 )

Seat 5: shnarg ( $1.80 )

Seat 10: queentt ( $2.52 )

Seat 3: crazygraeser ( $4.96 )

Seat 6: AleyWalder ( $1.81 )

Seat 7: Amalien ( $3.95 )

Seat 2: muhuu ( $0 )

Amalien posts small blind [$0.02].

queentt posts big blind [$0.04].

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to shnarg [ Kc Kd ]

muhuu has joined the table.

crazygraeser calls [$0.04]

shnarg raises [$0.16]

AleyWalder folds

Amalien calls [$0.14]

queentt folds

crazygraeser calls [$0.12]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 3s, Qc, 2d ]

Amalien bets [$1.20]

crazygraeser folds

shnarg is all-In [$1.64]

Amalien calls [$0.44]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 5s ]

** Dealing River ** [ 4h ]

Amalien shows [ Ac, Qh ]a straight Ace to Five.

shnarg doesn't show [ Kc, Kd ]a pair of Kings.

Amalien wins $3.65 from the main pot with a straight, Ace to Five.

queentt has left the table.

1st hand at a 0.02c/0.04c table. Pocket Rockets! "Here we go" I think.

Seat 2: MrBlunted - $4

Seat 3: YuraH - $2.84

Seat 4: NewEra - $3.06

Seat 5: Scruffy - $1.56

Seat 6: DOPEBOY - $4

Moving Button to seat 4

Scruffy posts small blind ($0.02)

DOPEBOY posts big blind ($0.04)

MrBlunted posts $0.04

Shuffling Deck

Dealing Cards

Dealing [Ah Ac] to MrBlunted

MrBlunted checks

YuraH calls $0.04

NewEra folds

Scruffy calls $0.04

DOPEBOY checks

Dealing Flop [4s Kd 6d]

Scruffy checks

DOPEBOY checks

MrBlunted bets $0.04

YuraH calls $0.04

Scruffy calls $0.04

DOPEBOY raises to $0.08

MrBlunted calls $0.08

YuraH calls $0.08

Scruffy calls $0.08

Dealing Turn [Ad]

Scruffy checks

Player [***NO PLAYER***] brings $4 to table [732367]

DOPEBOY bets $3.88 (all-in)

MrBlunted calls $3.88 (all-in)

YuraH folds

Scruffy folds

MrBlunted shows [Ah Ac]

DOPEBOY shows [4c 4d]

Dealing River [9d]

Taking Rake of $0.82 from pot 1

DOPEBOY has Flush, Ace high

DOPEBOY wins $7.42 with: Flush, Ace high

DOPEBOY: LOL

Was I stupid? ;)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Kh, Kc. SB posts a blind of $1.

UTG calls $2, MP raises to $6, 1 fold, Button (Nit retard) calls $6, SB (poster) raises to $15, Hero calls $279.65 (All-In), UTG folds, MP folds, Button (Nit retard) calls $200.60 (All-In), SB calls $191.70 (All-In).

Erm, that's quite a raise! 18 times the previous bet? Normally, you'd pretty much limit yourself to getting called only by aces, the other two kings, or, depending on your image, queens. The guy with the tens made a call that was questionable at best, but I'd call someone with tens there more often than I'd call if they re-popped the pot to $50. It screams of a person that really does want to take the pot down there and then. I've seen you make these kinds of bets before (for example, when you hit a Queen-high straight-flush and shoved in for many times the size of the pot). I know it's preferrable to get it all in with kings pre-flop, but I don't like doing it in this manner, with those kinds of bets. It's probably a -EV move. It gives you no chance to get off them after seeing the post-flop action. It's nothing personal, just an observation.

My new contribution to this thread comes from the Irish Student Poker Championship, which took place last weekend. It was a small buy-in tournament, but the size of the field (just over 300), and the wonderful structure (10,000 starting chips, with 40 minute levels) allowed me to justify hopping on a plane to Dublin, and checking into a nice hotel for the weekend. Play started just after 12 noon, and I was off and running pretty fast. By the first break, I was up to over 17,000 chips, which was well above the average in the room. In the three hours between then and the lunch break, I got chopped down to 6,000 by the time the 300-600 (75 ante) level started, due to running into a number of monster hands (queens into kings on a rag rag rag rainbow flop was par for the course for me, luckily I had a few relatively solid reads on some of the players at the table, so I was able to get off this kind of thing a few times). Got it all-in for my last 6,000 with A3s against AQ, and I luckboxed a 3 on the turn.

With that blessing behind me, I accumulated another 25,000 chips, mainly from re-bluffing pre-flop with any two cards whenever I sensed weakness (mainly thanks to a very simple, utterly infallible read I picked up on our table's Mr. Pre-flop Aggressive), and I managed to pull off a nice bluff for a big pot with queens on an AKx flop. After two quick table moves, I was down to the last table I'd sit at for the night by about 9:30, with about 50,000 chips. Picked up a few nice hands against a girl who was sitting to my right. Tried to let her catch a flush with TT on a Td9d9x flop, but her third diamond didn't fall. Thankfully, she tried to bluff the pot with a hefty bet on the flop, so there was a nice pot there anyway. And I picked up JJ after she made a raise pre-flop, she checked to me on a Qxx board, and I shoved it in, as she had only been making continuation bets if she'd hit, and the only hand she was checking to me there was QQ, so I took a gamble and shipped it in. She thought for a while before mucking AK. I put a pretty ugly beat on a guy soon after, as the action folded around to me on the button with Qh9x. The cards didn't really matter, as I had to take a shot at the pot, it was so big with the blinds and antes in there. I made it 6,000 to go, and the small blind moved in for another 2,500. The big blind folded and I, obviously, had to call, regardless of my holdings. He turned over AdTd, and I was just happy not to be dominated. Flop came raggy with two hearts, and I picked up running hearts for a flush, the poor guy.

For about an hour after that, I didn't look down at a single playable hand, and so I had to enter survival mode and thake the blinds and antes at least once a round, to keep up with the field, which I just about managed. My tough beat for the night came at the 3000-6000 (600 ante) level with about 40 players remaining from 300 (30 places paid). Surprisingly, it was folded around to my small blind and I looked down at Ah9s. I made it 18000 to go, and instantly, the big blind announced all-in for about 25 or 30,000 more. Unfortunately, he had only been at the table for about 20 mins, so I had no real reads on him, so I had to play it by feel. After spending about five minutes in the tank, I pushed the call past the line, now sure I was ahead, and he sheepishly turned over JdQd. The flop came XhXhXh, giving me a nut flush to draw to cut his outs significantly. Turn came a blank, and the river came a horrible black queen, leaving me crippled with just enough chips to make the big blind think about folding if I moved in. Promptly ran into TT and JJ after pushing with rags, and I was out, and disgusted.

Regardless, I was absolutely delighted with the way I played. There was only two pots I was in until the river was dealy that I lost all day (about 11 hours of play), and the above was one of them. If I'd won that pot, who knows how deep I'd have gone, but that's the way the game is, I guess!

Jesus. Think this game hates me sometimes.

In a $300 guaranteed job, everyone at the table pretty much owning my stack, blinds at $200/$400, so I thought it was time to go for it when I got a reasonable hand.

Dealing [Tc Ad] to MrBlunted

JoaoCruz folds

SNERLE folds

gazman69 folds

neilt calls $400

jturriff folds

Magisa folds

MrBlunted calls $400

superheated folds

Werkspionin calls $400

bertg77 checks

Dealing Flop [9s As 7c]

Werkspionin checks

bertg77 checks

neilt checks

MrBlunted bets $1370 (all-in)

Werkspionin folds

bertg77 folds

neilt calls $1370

neilt shows [2s Ts]

MrBlunted shows [Tc Ad]

Dealing Turn [3d]

Dealing River [8s]

MrBlunted has One Pair: Aces

neilt has Flush, Ace high

neilt wins $4340 with: Flush, Ace high

Seat 1: Werkspionin - $1305

Seat 2: bertg77 - $4455

Seat 3: JoaoCruz - $5265

Seat 4: SNERLE - $6055

Seat 5: gazman69 - $555

Seat 6: neilt - $6430

Seat 7: jturriff - $9780

Seat 8: Magisa - $3615

Seat 9: MrBlunted - $0

Seat 10: superheated - $5320

End Of Hand #40348252

FUCKING RIVER-CARD HITTING BASTARDS.

It was pretty much 50-50 once the flop came down though. I'm a bit surprised that you didn't go all-in pre-flop to scare off people with T2s.

Erm, it wasn't 50-50. If there were no spades in any of the other 8 hands dealt, which is pretty damn unlikely, the guy on the flush draw was 37% to win the hand. If we assume there were 3 spades among the other 8 hands dealt, which is a conservative estimate, the flush draw was about 26% to win the hand.

Regardless, you should have shoved all in pre-flop without a second thought, Blunted. You called off a quarter of your stack pre-flop just by limping, you had just over 4BB, so you should have been in all-in-or-fold mode.