IGNORED

Alan Wake: Tramp gamers, take a hike!

Gwynster

Depends. They may keep fiddling with them. From that last video posted it already looks as good as, if not better than, anything available on a console.

The lighting and stuff is pretty impressive but man, his animations are shitty. Hope they fix that before release. It's all very stop start at the moment. The atmosphere looks okay I guess, though I'm not too impressed by the typical 'auto camera-focus on events' thing, and the even more typical 'run through a linear, snaking corridor' start to the game. Not very immersive for me, but we'll see ;) I'd quite like to know about the size of the map, freedom etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is looking excellent. I really like the visual effects for the enemies, the sparks not only look visually arresting against the darkness, but provide that Pitch Black style glimpse of what's around you.

It's a totally different beast to Uncharted 2 which whilst enjoyable was a very on-rails run and gun with pretty graphics that didn't (for me) live up to the hype. I'm looking forward to Alan Wake as an interesting, more open, spooky tale, and hope that it becomes really immersive. I also like the bite-sized chapters: "Previously, on Alan Wake..." might mean I can ration it out instead of rattling through it in a few days.

• 2 months later...

Limited Collector's Edition Revealed.

mZjG0.jpg

In this long-awaited exclusive Xbox 360 title, fill the shoes of one Alan Wake, a man who makes his living from the terror of others as a best-selling suspense novelist. Trapped in the deceptively peaceful Washington town of Bright Falls, where he came to escape the trauma of losing his fiancée, Alan must piece together a mystery to prevent himself from being trapped inside a nightmarish world forever.

~ Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The Limited Collector's Edition will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art

• Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy

• “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA

• Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score

• Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack

• Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE

http://www.allgamesbeta.info/2010/02/alan-...rs-edition.html

Pre-Order from PLAY - £49.99

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/13647...on/Product.html

:D