The Official Robin Hood Topic

PopeSmokesDope

You mean

0468.jpg

Gonna give this a whirl though, the trailer looked good.

I'll be watching and thats got nothing to do with the fact a couple of episodes are written by one of my fave Doctor Who writers Paul Cornell. oh no.

It does look rather good.

Local excitement! (for me anyway).

I hope they'll be showing footage of the new Somerfield which opened in Sherwood in August.

I'm looking forward to the show although I fear Robin himself looks a bit young. I hope it doesn't turn out to be like the new adventures of Robin Hood which was shown on Channel 5 about 3 years ago.

Yeah, the teaser trailers looked good, but the longer one made me doubt Rooney-lookalike Robin's ability to mask his Irish accent. And the rest of the casting and dialogue seemed shakey.

I'll be tuning in no doubt but if they've gone for the modern, chavtastic Doctor Who tone in a Robin Hood setting then I think I'll have to indulge in the probably superior Maid Marion dvds to get rid of the bad taste.

Rooney lookalike?

Erm...

I saw the first few minutes, realised it was yet another BBC kid's show, and turned it off. Not interested.

Even fabricated stories regarding 'stolen' tapes won't save this show (in my eyes - I'm sure it'll be very popular, though).

:angry:

I've seen some shit in my time, but this takes the shit biscuit.

I knew it from the adverts. Twats with today's hairstyles, far too young, unable to act, and a pathetic storyline.

Is this aimed at 5 year olds?

What's with all the over-the-top sword swishing; stupid sound effects abound.

The main character is crap, he can't even sword fight anywhere near believably, Marion is fat and wears clothes of today (and bad make up?), and Keith Allen has never been worse.

It's far less "kiddie" than Dr. Who.

Come back to me when you've touched a girl.

Well, I thought that was rather excellent. Keith Allen was made for that role, and Robin himself is just the right side of cocky (just about.) Some of the fight scenes could be sharpened up, and they don't always have to make things so obvious with the plot, but aside from that it was good.

Indeed, the music and direction combined were quite beautiful at times.

The first bird that Robin kissed was hilarious.

Great tats.

No one in this thing can act. Why can't Robin be a hard-drinking bastard? I'd watch that.

Well, I thought that was rather excellent. Keith Allen was made for that role, and Robin himself is just the right side of cocky (just about.) Some of the fight scenes could be sharpened up, and they don't always have to make things so obvious with the plot, but aside from that it was good.

Indeed, the music and direction combined were quite beautiful at times.

Thank God, I thought this was about to receive the full rllmuk treatment. :o

I agree, it was great fun. It was a good old fashioned swashbuckling adventure with a modern day touch, and a long way from the big meh-fest the Radio Times write up made it out to be. Roll on next week. :angry:

EDIT: Damn, another Torchwood advert I've missed? Oh well. Watership Down's on on Film4, and I haven't seen it since I was a kid. ;)