IGNORED

Dexter - Series 8 now done (US). It was the last series apparently.

Sideshow

Nope, same time same place, same 50 minute ep - no big long finale. Then we have to wait until Autumn for Season Two. <_<

I kind of wish it would just be a one seasoner. What's the story with the creator of this series ? I just hope and pray that we're not going to get the usual shit about 'an arc'. Like Lost, and I fear Heroes.

I kind of wish it would just be a one seasoner. What's the story with the creator of this series ? I just hope and pray that we're not going to get the usual shit about 'an arc'. Like Lost, and I fear Heroes.

Well it is based on three books as far as I am aware. The first season has been pretty much the first book with elements of the second one brought in, presumably as set up for a second series.

Final episode of season 1. Brilliant.

So he did turn out to be Dexter's brother.

Rita: "Imagine falling for a serial killer"

Dexter: "What are the odds of that"

lol

The ticker tape ending had me in stitches.

I thought we were at the climax and things would be resolved one way or another when Debra was tied down with Dexter and Rudy/Brian there. But they squeezed more out of it. Although I thought it pretty obvious that Debra wasn't in the bed in Dexter's house.

Doakes is seriously after Dexter now. And the Captain seems to be about to get more than he bargained for with Laguerta and her replacement.

And Rita finding the shoe is obviously setting up another story too.

Can't wait for next season.

Just amazing. Especially the very very end.

Are we buying that Brian is his brother? I thought they pushed the fact he was in a mental institution quite hard. Everything that was in Dexter's flashbacks were pieced together from details that Brian/Rudy left for him to find (for instance his mothers nails matching the pros). How much of it was what really happened and how much of it was just what Brian wanted him to think?

I've only nearly finished the first book so maybe people already know. But there is so much they can do next season. I can even see it going as far as him having to tell Rita, or even kill her.

@ Straps Optional

The cheering at him was simply in his imagination. Just listen to his voice over again. It was just a "What would it be like if they knew".

Awesome.

One question, though: What exactly were we supposed to make of...

... the bit at the end with everyone cheering him? It seemed an odd way to end the series.

That was in his head. It's what he wants people to think of him, killing off scum.

Re. the bit I asked about, I understood it was...

... all in his imagination, I just thought it sat weirdly with the rest of the show. He'd just thrown away his ultimate chance to be 'himself' (due to around three-quarters of the series spent becoming attached to 'normal' people), seemed quite please with what he did, then immediately started lamenting the fact that he couldn't ever be accepted for his 'true' self.

Just found it a bit odd! 'Mind of a killer', though, I suppose.

What a great show, it really went from strength to strength and a superb ending. I'm starting to think more shows should be 12 episode, rather than trying to force 24 out of them, resulting in weak episodes and an obvious attempt to stretch things (Lost I'm looking at you).

I hope they can maintain this for the second series and that they don't lose any of the cast, because they have a truly likeable but mixed crew going on there.

What a great show, it really went from strength to strength and a superb ending. I'm starting to think more shows should be 12 episode, rather than trying to force 24 out of them, resulting in weak episodes and an obvious attempt to stretch things.

Totally.

Also what a totally great series. Far and away the highlight of 2006 TVternet for me.

And massive respeck to Sideshow for this thread.

I've managed not to watch the last four episodes yet, so I'm saving them all up for a big Boxing Day Dexter extravaganza. I'm really surprised that its only been picked up by FX, perhaps Michael Hall's golden globe nomination might help to raise its profile.

I've managed not to watch the last four episodes yet, so I'm saving them all up for a big Boxing Day Dexter extravaganza. I'm really surprised that its only been picked up by FX, perhaps Michael Hall's golden globe nomination might help to raise its profile.

I thought that but look at Heroes, Sci-fi picked up the rights to that way before it went huge.

I guess FX managed the same.

Aw man. I just love this show. Haven't been this emotionally involved with a set of fictional characters since The Shield. Watched pretty much the whole season over Xmas and loved every single episode.

The season finale had me literally pumping the air with my fist.

Doakes FTW.

Thought I'd watch episode 1 last night before going to bed. Just finished watching episode 12 :P Don't think I've done that since 24 series 1.

Ended the series with loving every character, saw the ending coming a mile off (well, in the episode with his real father) but it certainly didn't stop me screaming with delight for most of the last 2 eps.