Dexter - Series 8 now done (US). It was the last series apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

It's becoming increasingly ludicrous that Quinn is viewed as this highly desirable ladies' man in the show when each season he more and more starts to resemble Kenneth Williams with a spray-on orange tan.

As far as I can remember Dexter has always had the S&W stool, definitely in the earlier seasons.

I went looking and you're right, S02e02 according to the internets, I also found a fuckload of people asking where you can buy a Smith and Wesson stool which answers why they stuck a horribly out of place advert which was so glaringly obvious what they were attempting even a complete moron would be absolutely aghast.

Hmmm. Wasn't a bad opener, but fell into the too-frequent Dexter trap of making an apparently smart character do a blatantly stupid thing to support a plot point:

'I will leave my young son sleeping in a car on his own... with the windows rolled down. What could possibly go wrong?'

I reckon that psychopath lady

knew Harry, diagnosed Dexter as a child (hence the drawings), and helped Harry devise the code (hence baiting Dexter about Doakes).

Also, I was annoyed at the frequent use of a plot point as "well, this person's voicemail box is full so I cannot leave them a message." Dexter's Miami: the land that SMS forgot., apparently.

Maybe the twist is that

Dexter isn't a psychpath, but is damaged in other ways, and has been programmed to act like a psychopath to hide some deeper truth about him?

You never know with this series. Then again

Dexter said the insensitive comment to Anhell to show he lacks empathy... like a psychopath.

Despite not being as great as earlier seasons I'm sill happy watching Dexter. It still needs more Matsuda really.

Plus the other things which I gripe about is how Debra always going from dude in each season, and to then realizes she's in love with her brother I guess to explain her behaviour is wierd.