Draenor Horde guys... WTF is happening

Rayn

Ive found levelling on a PVP (albeit RP) no problem, its really not the all out gankfest youd imagine, PVP tends to be pretty amicable unless its a NE rogue then they WILL stick thier dagger where the sun dont shine)

I find the RP PVP servers a billionty times better than PvE personally and couldnt imagine going back to /wave,rude,spiting other factions without being able to twat them heartily.

You must remember, of course, that the majority of us on Draenor have been raiding for ages; I'm not about to give up all the Naxxramas progress and 6/9 tier 3 just yet. Chantinelle, Vurt and Cowfields have awesome gear too and may feel the same; despite all the drama and whining, at least it's our drama and whining... :lol:

When I play my Ravenholdt alt, it feels like a kinda alien environment to me - I don't know *anyone* there. Quite nice in a way, I guess - no-one wants shitty level 25 water, nor do I get eleventy billion people a day asking where my Wraith Blade drops. As for the ganking mentioned above... I've made it to level 26 on Ravenholdt and have only seen 2 Alliance players; it's pretty quiet.

Following Stiff's nagging, I did start messing about with a rogue on Ravenholdt. I quickly came to the following conclusions:

* Not having a mount is akin to Chinese Water Torture

* Rogues are really, really, really, REALLY fucking boring

* There isn't anything like as much RP as you may expect. The /1 channel is almost as bad there as it is on Draenor

I think that's a bit unfair.

The entirity of WoW is boring if you choose to play it that way - indeed they're slowly squeezing the fun out of the game by reducing it all to 'easily soloable' status (the dragons in southern Dustwallow are no longer Elite for example).

When you try levelling for the 2nd-time onwards, the game also seems AMAZINGLY easy - because it's obvious setup to cater for people who've not done it before.

Yes, it's slow getting around - but you should know the quests and be able to cut your wandering time dramatically...

You can spend 100s and 100s of hours taking easy quests and killing easy things - you'll still make progress and you won't ever be troubled - or indeed, entertained - this applies to EVERY class and both factions.

The only way I can continue to play WoW is to look for the challenges - try missions which are a little out-of-range - trying getting to things 'ahead of time'. It doesn't necessarily level-you-up faster - but it's actually fun. Even playing in contested areas on PvP servers can be fun - until you run into assholes who think it's amusing to camp you of course...

It helps to have good gear (easily achieved with Level 60 money) and a full 'toolset' - and for Rogues that isn't complete until about Level 24 - but it's still possible to push yourself a bit :lol:

You may fail/die etc. - but it's WAY better than just churning away at the easy stuff...

and Blizzard, not EVERYTHING in the game should be soloable FFS...

Hmm. I really like playing my rogue. I think it's the meaty noise you get when you Cheap Shot that keeps me coming back for more. Much easier to farm herbs from SM as a blue-clad rogue than a tier 3 mage too.

I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere months ago that hairstyles could be changed in the expansion. Just as well, really. Think of the silliest male undead haircut - the one that looks like a cross between a monk and Dave Hill from Slade - add some bad smells, a white dress, an unwavering confidence in his own ability, and you get Poet.

/hug Poet

GO ME!

My priest does need a haircut mind.

I dunno why but I feel obliged to explain myself a little here. :unsure: I did a lot for Swiped and it was ultimately that which contributed heavily to my leaving. There were more personal reasons too which I won't be going into :( But needless to say, it wasn't poaching, or even 'influence'.. except for the occasions where I asked questions myself.

The problem with Swiped as I see it was that there were a core group of people who really gave it their all and put so much time/effort into the guild whilst there were still those who just didn't pull their weight. This was a problem in Wiped, too, on a more obvious level you'd have people who brought raid prep and those who didn't.

That makes it sound like there were a lot of people who just couldn't be arsed, it wasn't like that - people did bring pots etc in Swiped, but there was still a select group who thought it was their divine right to argue about this, that and the other, despite the NO DRAMA policies.

Through the efforts of those who did give a lot to the guild, it meant that Swiped was relatively burnout free for the bulk of the members. But then all of a sudden it just got too much for me personally. I'd login and wish I hadn't. Suddenly a Molten Core raid with no leader and I end up doing it because I'm begged, but offered no thanks and instead a lot of bitching later on.

And when you work 9-6 and then work some more for no pay or even thanks from 6-11 you start questioning why you're bothering, and one of them has to go - it won't be the paid one, will it? :( Especially when you spend time at work trying to organise signups/worrying about it all blah blah - it's not right.

Similar sort of thing with Grock really, except replace 'work' with 'studies' for him..

So I could've just stepped down but often when it becomes known you can/do do certain things it's hard for people to let you get away from that. And I won't lie - a fresh start appealed massively.

For a long time raiding with my friends was the big part of what kept me going but it did just get too much, to the point where that no longer offered enjoyment because all of the other stuff outweighed it which is kinda sad :( Plus, I ended up having more fun on five/10 mans with those people which is something you can do regardless of guildtag :lol: So it became a case of putting my own enjoyment/game first with respect to raiding, and it's something that has paid off :D

That said, I see Swiped now and see a repeating cycle. The guild has been in Blackwing Lair for nigh-on six months now, and the names now taking the lead etc are the ones who have done it the most, so I can't help worry that it'll only be a matter of time until the cycle repeats. Old names leave, new names join, dooming them to a future of repititon in order to gear up folk etc...

Just a general thing where not everyone is on the same page and in Chimaera, it feels like everyone is which is just fantastic.

And /hugs and /love to all Swipedies <3 (And Chimpeeps, and Daddy Gerplex <3)

--Kaywinnit, who has also been looking for Daddy in BGs and asking random people to no avail :(

Major Draenor Drama may be incoming...

The GM of a certain large guild who are progressing well in Naxxramas is quitting for a bit to complete his degree - a Horde guild I should add...

It MAY be that his influence and way of leading raids is a BIG miss - perhaps - along with his amazing ability to know more about the game than Blizzard do...

More News at 11...

Who could it be?!?!?! ;)

Naah I'm not personally that worried as a noobie, seeing how well the 'operation' works :D

The first words which came to mind were

"Well, that's that then"

I'm not the only person who's said that either...

80%+ of why Chimaera have gone from zero to where they are is down to our GM (IMO) - he has this way of getting people to focus which I'm not sure anyone else will be able to match.

I can remember some FUCKING TORRID raids when he's been at work tbh

Hopefully others have learned from him - but I'd not be holding my breath if I were you - it's gonna be a choppy ride for a while for sure...

I've always been a firm believer in the fact that having a defeatist attitude gets you defeated...

So I go into tonight's raid optimistic, optimistic that people's worries and concerns will keep us going. I know I'm only new and all, but I feel like being an outsider gave me good insight into seeing how things worked in the raids. Ofc there's always a few little things but as a whole, the unit works well.

hmm

The unit is fucking amazing - however it needs to be polished, focussed, and driven to be useful - it will not work so well without this.

What's always amazed me about our GM is that he can lead the raid, organise groups and still top the DPS tables whilst simultaneously pointing out where others are not doing it right - all of it WITHOUT pissing people off.

Whilst most people are focussed on their bit of the fight, he's doing his as well as swapping people around mid-fight to ensure max DPS is sustained and pointing out where people aren't doing the right thing - he has his eye on everything...

I'm not sure we have anyone else who plays at quite that level tbh - my hope would be that a few people will share out these tasks in a way that progress will not be too greatly impacted.

I've no idea who that will be tho ;)

Feel the same as John. I dont think we'll do as well, but maybe thats just me. I'm dreading tonights raid if Ish isnt there to kick people up the ass so to speak.

This is *nearly* a moan, Khaz... ;)

I spoke to Moof earlier and as a result feel much better about the future already. Not better than I did yesterday, of course, but much better than I did at lunchtime. He reckons they'll have a good pop at upping the 'fun factor' again. He told me that Khaz can go DPS on Patchwerk tonight, for instance.

So... cautiously optimistic.

A big loss though - as TRJP says, he is/was an absolutely awesome raid leader and player.

This is *nearly* a moan, Khaz... :D

I spoke to Moof earlier and as a result feel much better about the future already. Not better than I did yesterday, of course, but much better than I did at lunchtime. He reckons they'll have a good pop at upping the 'fun factor' again. He told me that Khaz can go DPS on Patchwerk tonight, for instance.

;)

Well then.

We almost had Patch on the first attempt. Dodgy tank bug or something meant that OT3 was ignored after 3 strikes or so, but we coped remarkably well, getting him down to 7% like that.

Patch on the third attempt it was then, which is the best run I've personally seen at him so it can't be all bad. Grobbulus one-shotted, Gluth and Razu down too, and a hellafun raid.

Still pessimistic? :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Ish isn't amazing - he is. :angry: But I really feel that the whole guild is amazing, tbh :angry: