The Darkness

Kelthink

Justin quits the Darkness and has been a massive cokehead

No doubt there'll be people happy with this but it looks like it's over. I get with nostrils that big Justin was like to be doing cocaine regularly, but he spent a shitload on the stuff! At least Frankie Poullain might go back to the band. Even though Justin was mostly 'it'.

Bah!

Count me in the happy set please. A truly horrible band in every respect.

It is a shame but I for some reason I was never expecting a third album for whatever reason.

Justin Hawkins always seemed to be handling fame quite well whenever I saw interviews with him. I must say that blowing (snorting) £150k is sort of cool though. As good a reason to split from a rock band as any.

Why do people who don't like the Darkness come to this thread?

There are two things that make everyone happy - other people's misery, and bubblewrap.

I can see why people didn't like the band - Justin's falsetto voice (obviously) and being a 'joke' band is too much for some people to handle. But those two things aside, tracks like 'Bald' are absolutely top draw. Even better live!

Touchy!

It's OK I can see you're still mourning the loss of the "Best Band in the Universe"* :ph34r:

*Cat Deeley, probably.

What?

I got what your list was about but I don't get the Cat Deeley bit?

I don't like the darkness but was curious to see what the reactions would be. I don't really see how they could continue without Justin given that, as has been said, he was the band. I dunno how the writing credits went but in terms of media attention I doubt most people would recognise anyone from The Darkness bar him. Overall I think they were a novelty band who had their five minutes and were unlikely to ever get near the fame they enjoyed. Probably for the best all round.

What?

I got what your list was about but I don't get the Cat Deeley bit?

Just a reference to the fact that week in, week out on CD:UK she'd bang on about The Darkness and how great they are. It was all a bit "Hey, I know I present a pop music show but I don't really like all these acts, I've got cred, I love the Darkness."

Just a reference to the fact that week in, week out on CD:UK she'd bang on about The Darkness and how great they are. It was all a bit "Hey, I know I present a pop music show but I don't really like all these acts, I've got cred, I love the Darkness."

Me, Cat Deeley and Permission to Land?

Deal.

exactly. releasing a couple of jokey piss take songs is ok, but when the majority of your career relies on it......... go please.

Their career relied, like most good bands, on good songs. No, in fact it relied on tremendous ones. A lot of it was tongue in cheek but that goes the same for EVERY ROCK BAND EVER.

exactly. releasing a couple of jokey piss take songs is ok, but when the majority of your career relies on it......... go please.

Well, considering they were going strong, their last album went platinum (alright, not quite the sales of the first album, but that's still good) and sold-out venues, I doubt everyone wanted them gone. They've seemingly ended/been suspended because of the lead singer's drug addiction, not because 'no-one wanted them'. You plank.