November CD Mix Club

MW_Jimmy

Friday? I sent it aaaages ago! Well within the last month, anyway. And I sure the track list order's changed to what I've got, but maybe I changed the list at the last minute and forgot to save that list. ;)

I'll try and go by your feedback...

1) Yo La Tengo - Winter A Go-Go

2) Biz Markie - Breakfast Cereal

3) Super Furry Animals - Tradewinds

4) The Avalanches - Electricity

5) Eels - Saturday Morning

6)

7) Ian Brown - Longsight M13

:) Low - Starfire

9) Beastie Boys - Remote Control

10)

11) Handsome Boy Modelling School - The World's Gone Mad

12) Blackalicious - Brain Washers

13)

14)

15) Boards of Canada - Roygbiv

16)

17) The Polyphonic Spree

18) Quasimoto - Privacy

19)

20) The Beta Band - Liquid Bird

21)

22) Andrew WK - Pushing Drugs

And I'm not sure where these tracks should go:

Foo Fighters - Cold Day In The Sun

Lemon Jelly - Return to Patagonia (NOT SURE)

The Zombies - The Way I Feel Inside

Doves - M62 Song

Primus - Seas of Cheese

It also says on the list 'Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout', but I'm sure that didn't end up on it. Also, I think there was a track by Zombina and the Skeletones...hmm. Anyway, GLAD YOU LIKED IT!

Would you please post a tracklisting Orooth?

I'm enjoying the CD as we speak (while I'm creating a dreaded PowerPoint Presentation for tomorrow), when it started off with a hiphoptrack I feared for another letdown, but fortunately it picked up soon after :)

1.Nas-hip-hop is dead

19.Heather Nova-Verona

Also on the CD:Scott Matthews, Melissa auf der maur, The Hollies.....................er and other stuff. I seem to have misplaced the tracklisting. If you can give me a précis, I can probably work out what they are.

I received yours today MW_Jimmy, I'll post some feedback over the weekend.

Any time this year....(even to say it's shit).

Still not got anything at my end?

I'll be posting yours out sometime this week Jimmy Sir!

Any time this year....(even if it's shit).

I'm going to have to burst into Don McLean soon.

Sure thing:

1 - Masumi Itou & Yoko Ueno - Moi Moi [from the Azumanga Daioh tribute album]

2 - Final Fantasy [the band/songwriter, not the game :(] - This Lamb Sells Condos

3 - Fort Lauderdale - Prey To The Stars

4 - Butka - Demag [created as faux-game music, later actually used in freeware game Lyle in Cube Sector]

5 - The Cure - A Forest

6 - Air - Universal Traveller

7 - Hajime Mizoguchi - Grace~Omega [Jin-Roh Closing Theme]

8 - Kenickie - People We Want

9 - Hot Hot Heat - Middle Of Nowhere

10 - Absentee - We Should Never Have Children

11 - David Bowie - Suffragette City

12 - Joy Division - Transmission

13 - Doves - There Goes The Fear

14 - Flaming Lips - Sleeping On The Roof

15 - Antony and the Johnsons - You Are My Sister

In the hope of inciting a response from Tony, here is the tracklisting complete with year (as all the cool kids are now doing it):

01. [1988] Lime Spiders - Slave Girl

02. [1987] The Stems - Sad Girl

03. [1985] R.E.M. - Can't Get There from Here

04. [1989] Young MC - Bust A Move

05. [2006] The Roots - Don't Feel Right

06. [2004] Mark De Clive-Lowe - Tide's Arising

07. [1999] Erot - Song For Annie

08. [2006] Bertine Zetlitz - Midnight

09. [2005] Daft Punk - On Off

10. [2001] Daft Punk - Superheroes

11. [2002] Moloko - Over And Over (sad ending)

12. [2001] RIP SLYME - Mata Au Hi Made (happy ending)

Alas, no Scooby Doo ending.

Still not had any from lfj... Still running late?

All going well it will be in the post today - mrs lfj has a load of stuff to post so I've stuck it in her pile (slightly cheeky but the queue in the post office yesterday was gargantuan). Sorry it's so late!

Ah for fuck's sake, this is the second time in three months the RM have lost something of mine. I swear they hate me.

Bastards.

If it doesn't turn up by Wednesday I'll re-burn and re-send.

The postie has nabbed it, nothing arrived today :angry:

Holly, yours is in the post. It's a pretty noisy affair this month, but looking at your tracklist, I think you might just like it. I'm not quite sure how it sounds as both pairs of headphones I had decided to die last month, so I had to mix it through the shitty internal laptop speaker.

Nice tracklist btw, was gonna put a remix of Freeland's Starwater/Nowism in there at one stage, but it didn't quite fit.

1. Some Biggie mashup. I'm gonna be walking around all weekend shouting "Kick in the door, waving the .44" it's great stuff anyway. Quality intro.

2. COME WIT IT NOW!!! Not listened to this track in a while due to how crap so much of Evil Empire was but I've always bloody loved this track.

3. A very Common-esque Hip Hop track. Inclined to say Lupe Fiasco? Quite nice anyways.

4. Never heard this, it's bloody lovely though.

5. Ash - Goldfinger. It's like the soundtrack of my youth, every third track :)

6. Amy Winehouse. I've never really given her the chance she maybe deserves. I bloody love Rehab. This the new record?

7. Stranglers - Golden Brown. Instrumental version. It's like a Zelda theme tune take on the pains of Heroin :) There's some great guitar in there I've never noticed before.

8. Talib Kweli right? Think I've had this song before. Very nice. The two vocalists go together brilliantly.

9. It's the Beastie Boys - Crawlspace, but not as I know it. Another great remix. Where the hell do people find these tracks? See so many remixes listed in the mix clubs and stuff but I must have about five of them total in my collection.

10. Guided by Voices - Teenage FBI. From the Buffy series 2 soundtrack! :( Actually, not the same version. The one I have is a bit better - sound much 'bigger'. You're welcome to it if you want it, oh mystery sender.

11. Busta Wwwwhymes. I've never liked the way he has to put something on the end of every line. This tracks one of the worst culprits for it. Still, pretty good and Extinction Level Event was actually a decent album. Bring back the dreds and mentalistness I say.

I've missed one somewhere haven't I, lol. The second instrumental track, I skipped it, soz :(

13. Back in Black. Why the fuck isn't this on Guitar Hero 2! Haha.

ACE album, as usual!

Marzipan Travolta Glad You enjoyed the CD here's the playlist....

1 Kickaround Sue/Notorious BIG and the Belmont's

2 Bulls On Parade/Rage Against The Machine

3 He Say She Say/Lupe Fiasco

4 16 Beats/New Buffalo

5 Goldfinger/Ash

6 Addicted/Amy Winehouse

7 Golden Brown/The Stranglers

8 Chaos/ Reflections Eternal F/Bahamadia

9 Peaches En Regalia/Frank Zappa

10 Anna's MCs (Set Free From The Crawlspace)/dj BC and The Beastles

11 Teenage FBI/Guided By Voices

12 Party Is Goin' on Over Here/ Busta Rhymes

13 Back In Black/AC-DC

Holly, yours is in the post. It's a pretty noisy affair this month, but looking at your tracklist, I think you might just like it. I'm not quite sure how it sounds as both pairs of headphones I had decided to die last month, so I had to mix it through the shitty internal laptop speaker.

Ooh, sounds ace, looking forward to it :) Noisy is always good!

Nice tracklist btw, was gonna put a remix of Freeland's Starwater/Nowism in there at one stage, but it didn't quite fit.

I thought I was gonna have to devise a cunning plan involving fake wigs, moustaches, bad accents and a helicopter to break you out of the nuthouse again. In other words did you get my CD ?

Mr bpempire: your CDs (and stuff) arrived today.

You really really shouldn't have, it's too much, but... <_<

Ill try and listen to one of them today and both by the weekend.

wow that came quick!

No rush in getting back to me, whenever you're ready as I know Christmas is a busy time for most people!

+ don't worry about it, it's the least I can do :(

I thought I was gonna have to devise a cunning plan involving fake wigs, moustaches, bad accents and a helicopter to break you out of the nuthouse again. In other words did you get my CD ?

<_<

Not received it yet, I'll let you know when.

Cheers - I just hope it arrives by monday, as I'm going to be away for a few weeks from monday afternoon!

And my name's not Wiiper, no such punning shenanigans from me! ;)

Also, Cosmic_Guru, I know I'm in no position to ask, but is there any feedback likely to be coming for the CD, or is "Its a rather lovely collection" all you have to say about it? Not that such a description goes unwelcomed, of course ;)