IGNORED

Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix

Goose

Bellatrix is actually Sirrius' cousin - no relation to the Malfoys

The 'Black' family normallly being populated by dark wizards (real subtle that JK)

They let anyone into Hogwarts anyway - Snape is a (possible) double agent death eater and the head of that German school in Goblet of Fire only escaped Azkaban for dobbing in fellow death eaters.

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/images/blackfami...nal-version.gif

The Black family is linked to the Malfoys by marriage~

Incidently she did't say Abra Cadbra

She said "Avada Kedavra!"

The killing curse

Fucking hell. I knew it was Avada Kedavra because of the green spell but it honestly sounded like abra cadabra to me and I thought it was a brilliant touch. :lol:

Saw this last night.

I dont really know what to say about it. I just found it average really. Not bad, but not that great. It just felt a bit dull compared to the other films. It also appears it has cut so much out from the books (I have not read them though)

In the book Bellatrix doesn't say avada kadavra, she hits Sirius in the chest with red light and he curves gracefully backwards into the arch.

You find out about the Blacks and Malfoys relationship in the family tree part of the book, Narcissa Malfoy (dracos mother) is Sirius's cousin. They didn't mention Sirius's brother Regulus in the film, who joined the Death Eaters but was killed proberly by Voldermort when he wanted to pull out. Not much details in that but strong suspicion the occorence of his death will be important in the final book (if you have sussed what I and many other fans have from Half Blood Prince)

I almost laughed out loud everytime one of the young characters was introduced. All I could think was "He's a grown man/woman!"

Great film though, lots of fun. I never really understood a lot of the fight in the book, so it was nice to see it simplified on screen.

I almost laughed out loud everytime one of the young characters was introduced. All I could think was "He's a grown man/woman!"

Great film though, lots of fun. I never really understood a lot of the fight in the book, so it was nice to see it simplified on screen.

The biggest change was Malfoy between 1 and 2. Me and my friend where like 'holy shit!'

Bless him, he played Pea-green in the Borrowers movie :D

The fight was done alright in a simplified manner, but it made the death eaters look soft and Neville too. The fact that all the DA are almost killed and put out of action for the finally was more realistic, they are kids after all. I can understand the whole Lucius Malfoy breaking the prophesy change, so its easier to understand for the kids why Voldermort is so angry with him in the next book...

Hmmm....saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it lots....but it all seemed to be over rather quickly...but then again....what can you do with a book like that? Some of the characters hardly had anything to do even though I thought they might have a few lines. And a few other things niggled but I won't go into them as I'll sound like a nerd.

BUT...generally- I liked it. :D It all looked lovely and the acting from the kids had improved lots and there was just a nice feel about it. Quite scary too!

I'm so familiar with the books I just spent the whole time thinking about what they had missed out, wondering how they were going to fit everything in - glancing at the time constantly to wonder this properly.

I also couldn't stop speculating on Daniel radcliffe's beaky nose and then I wondered for quite a long time whether he would have a nose job and thinking probably not because young men don't tend to do things like that, and then I thought well, maybe they do but they keep it more firmly underwraps, then some further speculation on the nature of vanity, the media, how shallow everyone but me is - this closely followed by the thought that someone should really tell the lass that plays Hermione to pluck her eyebrows.

Oh and I just remembered as well, the voldemort-dumbledore fight looked way too unbalanced, dumbledore looked way more scared of voldemort than the other way around at all~

Yes, I thought this as well. Dumbledore was almost cowering at some stages.

Also bit of a plot hole that one can apparate in the MoM but not into Hogwarts.

Daniel Radcliff is so bad, it really breaks the suspion of the magical world.

Course he's allowed back, Draco hasn't done anything wrong, per se, the entire Malfoy family has always been shady, Lucius being a death eater isn't exactly a surprise to anyone. Bellatrix is his sister in-law or something, remember.

Rowling needs to invent the ministry of magic social services. But seriously that's something about the books that always bugged me. Unless you outright murder someone in front of everyone, your considered safe/not evil and allowed to work with children/government .

Anyway for kid fiction it's fun and enjoyable.

Dumbledore was covering Harry while fighting. He even sort of swept at him at one point, just before something dramatic came down. Seriously, Albus was fighting a great defensive fight.

The sound effects were amazing! There was a part where Dumbledore whiped his wand and it made that sort of sound when you swing one of theose tubes round your head, with the seconds silence before a crash and so on.

Noticed a mistake in my second viewing. The bit where Dumbledore cradles Harry which turns into the newspaper article, anyone notice part of the statue lying behind him (horses legs of the cenetar)? Dumbledore uses the statues in defence and attack in the fight in the book but they played no part in the film (apart from looking whole in the ministry). Cut scenes maybe.

The sound effects were amazing! There was a part where Dumbledore whiped his wand and it made that sort of sound when you swing one of theose tubes round your head, with the seconds silence before a crash and so on.

Noticed a mistake in my second viewing. The bit where Dumbledore cradles Harry which turns into the newspaper article, anyone notice part of the statue lying behind him (horses legs of the cenetar)? Dumbledore uses the statues in defence and attack in the fight in the book but they played no part in the film (apart from looking whole in the ministry). Cut scenes maybe.

Yeah I noticed that because of the scene in the book being more detailed I assumed it was just one of the big explosions that did it

at the end where Harry went "We've got something Voldemort will never have!" I was praying he wouldn't say "love" or "friends" or something.

I saw it last night, and didn't quite get that bit. I've not read the books, so humour me here. Harry says

"Something to fight for!", after they've just spent the last hour explaining that either Harry or Voldy will have to die if the other one is to live. I'd say that pretty much gives Voldy something to fight for as well.

Over all though, I thought it was really enjoyable. I only went along because my wife wanted to watch it, but didn't think it dragged at all. It was nice and easy to follow... more so than this topic. I've no idea who half the people you're all talking about are (Lupin? Twonk?). And who was Fudge? They seemed to mention him at the start, but I don't think he ever turned up, did he?

Is it 2 or 3 more films they have to do? Do the kids grow up this fast in the books, or are they still at school by the end of the last one?

Especially at the end where Harry went "We've got something Voldemort will never have!" I was praying he wouldn't say "love" or "friends" or something.

To be fair I think this is an important point in the 'lore' of the series, that Voldemort will never be able to love and as such never be able to 'Love Magic' and it was this kind of magic that defeated him the first time because of Harry's mother used 'Love Magic' on him.

It did sound awful in the film however, but Daniel Radcliff is poor.

Over all though, I thought it was really enjoyable. I only went along because my wife wanted to watch it, but didn't think it dragged at all. It was nice and easy to follow... more so than this topic. I've no idea who half the people you're all talking about are (Lupin? Twonk?). And who was Fudge? They seemed to mention him at the start, but I don't think he ever turned up, did he?

Fudge was the main Minister, who at the end realised Voldermort was back.

Lupin: the old guy around the table, use to be a teacher at Hogwarts

Tonks: the shapeshifter.

I don't go into detail with the books when translated to film so I'm not so picky. But I thought the film was great, the Ministry stuff was pretty special and the fighting between loads of them was well put together and had me on the edge of my seat for a while. Fantastic stuff.

Saw this last night - I thought it was very good indeed. A really good adaptation.

I think this series of films is going to hold up really well. Keeping the same cast throughout (for the most part) will help a lot. I can imagine kids in 2030 discovering these old films when BBC show them all together and being blown away by the way the cast grow up. The brief flashback of a young Harry in this one was really effective.

I don't mind the kids being older than their real ages. There's a long tradition of older actors playing kids anyway (It was years before I realised they were meant to be about 16 in Grease). The continuity carries it through.

Anyone notice that Daniel wotsit looks more and more like Harry Enfield?

Saw this a couple of days ago. Huge chunks taken out making the narrative zip along without making much sense.

The final battle looks like something from FFXII.

Overall better than the first two but not as good as the last one. Azkaban is still the best book and movie by a mile.

Saw this a couple of days ago. Huge chunks taken out making the narrative zip along without making much sense.

I thought it made perfect sense and was a very good adaptation. The book was so flabby that the film simply applied the editing that should have been done to Rowling's work in the first place.

(That said, I'm currently rereading OOTP and it's not as bad as I remember it - but still).

Agree that PoA was the best of them though.

Yep, 2 actors. Nothing how I imagine them (they cant help being way too tall) but they do a good job, even if they don't get enough screen time.

Thats true of just about every single character in Harry Potter.

I finally got round to seeing this yesterday and I'm starting to think that while the first 3 were perfect for films, the later ones feel like only a mini-series could do them justice. Still enjoyed this though and think Yates made the best film he could.