IGNORED

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

Wow!

This and the Psycho Pete episode feel really below par, but I don't know if that's just because the other three episodes have been fantastic and it's kind of a hard level to maintain. I'm not sure they're worse than the average episode, really.

Frank's delivery of the search history got a big laugh, at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Read an interesting article yesterday that this show was doomed for cancellation after season 1 if not for Danny DeVito. FX said they loved the show and wanted to keep it going but the audience wasn't there so they needed to add a known name/star into the mixed. DeVitos name was one that got mentioned but the guys were reluctant and didn't like the idea of adding a star. They were basically told that if they refused to bring in a star the show was over. DeVito knew about show through his kids so agreed to meet with them and the rest is history. So if not for him we wouldn't be here nearly 10 years later.

The show still hasn't got a massive audience. It's big online and many of it's fans are hardcores (myself included) but I never really hear it mentioned by people offline. Read an interview with DeVito awhile back where he said more people come up to him to him today to talk about his part on Taxi than It's Always Sunny.

Another huge fan here. Been waiting for the latest season, but not got around to starting it yet. Like with all my shows, I like to wait until the season is over and then watch all in a row.

Currently watching Workaholics, which I only just discovered, kind of feels like the same type of humour as Sunny.

Given that Sunny isn't exactly subtle with references (the award show being the most obvious) does the Frank retiring ("I'm just not feeling it any more") mean that DeVito is leaving the show? I was pleased when he rejoined the gang at the end but it appears he's at least floated the idea.

I didn't realise last weeks was the final one of the series, it went so quick :(

Worse for me as I just finished a re-watch of seasons 1-9 too. What was great though was because of the rewatch I got all the references and call backs to previous episodes.