rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Corporal Flashback

Die Hard

On 19/12/2016 at 22:06, Orko said:

I changed my cover photo on Facebook to a picture of McClane in the vent, as this time of year I always change it to a scene from a Christmas movie. Completely by accident it works surprisingly well; a mini-McClane trying to escape my interminable, boring-as-hell Facebook profile. 

You've fucked up this time then.

• Upvote 1

I’ve been through the Radio Times. I’ve circled everything worth watching. And this isn’t on. 

What’s the easiest way of making it happen?

1 hour ago, Popo said:

I’ve been through the Radio Times. I’ve circled everything worth watching. And this isn’t on. 

What’s the easiest way of making it happen?

bluray boxset early xmas present to yourself

Hell, give me your address and I'll post my disc to you.  Can't have people not watching Die Hard at Christmas.  We're supposed to be a civilized society.

• Upvote 9

I'll get flamed for this but I just don't believe Die Hard is a Christmas movie, it just happens to be a movie set at Christmas.

I've been watching this film for decades now and it's only really been in the last 5 years that it seems to have been aggressively promoted as a Christmas movie. It's never been referred to as a Christmas film in the past to my knowledge. It doesn't really have a proper Christmas message, either. Sorry everyone (that trailer is funny, though).

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Naieve said:

this shitty debate is spoiling Die Hard. It's The Big Lebowski / students all over again :( 

Sorry. It just winds the shit out of me. It might just be because I'm getting old but it's been bothering me more and more over the last few years.

I'm unaware of The Big Lebowski/students thing. What's all that about?

just being around enthusiastic but also wankery students who love it SO MUCH and prattle on and on and quote the film all the time. Also known as the Monty Python effect :seanr: 

edit: K (as is to be expected) puts it much better than me.

edit: it's occurred to me that I'm just as bad when I always tell people that Ichi The Killer is the best Batman movie *shame* 

edit: it's actually Mask of the Phantasm

36 minutes ago, strider said:

I'll get flamed for this but I just don't believe Die Hard is a Christmas movie, it just happens to be a movie set at Christmas.

Totally this.  Totally correct:sealclap:

Guess what my favourite Christmas film is? You’re probably imagining that it’s something like It’s a Wonderful Life, or Elf. You couldn’t be further from the truth! My favourite Christmas is film, get this you’re going to shit yourself, my favourite Christmas film is, of all things, I can’t believe how crazy this is, Die H-

*immediately killed by a sniper’s bullet*

• Empathy 1

49 minutes ago, strider said:

12 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Totally this.  Totally correct:sealclap:

Wrong and Wronger

• Upvote 2

:D  

Hey - a Christmas movie is a movie about Christmas.  This isn't one of them, it's merely set at Christmas.. in fact it's not even set in the actual Christmas period (25th - 31st), it's set at Christmas Eve!  :P

19 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

:D  

Hey - a Christmas movie is a movie about Christmas.  This isn't one of them, it's merely set at Christmas.. in fact it's not even set in the actual Christmas period (25th - 31st), it's set at Christmas Eve!  :P

So based on that then, you wouldn't class It's a Wonderful Life as one?

• Upvote 1