A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

Some impressions from neogaf:

Okay, Ratchet and Clank is absolutely incredible. The cutscenes use the same models as the gameplay, and the animation is out of this world. It seriously looks like a CG movie almost. The cinematic direction is stunning as well. It really puts any game like this to shame. I hope the rest of the game is just as cinematic and awesome as this demo.

The game looks absolutely amazing and I've seen tons of footage online. Nothing compares to actually playing it on screen for yourself.

It runs at 60 fps and has AA so the image quality is absolutely impeccable.

For those that played the previous demo, grab this off the store. It's improved a ton, apparently. I can't notice any graphical flaws. This game is absolutely gorgeous. Seriously, Insomniac delivered...AGAIN

Can't fucking wait until this game comes out. And I'm a Ratchet virgin, too.

And everyone seems to be loving Everyday Shooter.

Everyday Shooter's charming. When it booted I got a little twinge of C64 because of the synthesiser and blue background.

It's a weird feeling at first that your 'thing' has no inertia, especially after Super Stardust. The whole thing feels like a game someone from a Hal Hartley movie would play. Odd and yet reassuringly familiar.

A real indie, indie game.

Everyday Shooter's charming. When it booted I got a little twinge of C64 because of the synthesiser and blue background.

It's a weird feeling at first that your 'thing' has no inertia, especially after Super Stardust. The whole thing feels like a game someone from a Hal Hartley movie would play. Odd and yet reassuringly familiar.

A real indie, indie game.

Shame I have to wait for the UK store to have it.

In other news Ratchet now installing, impressions in about 20 mins.

As I mentioned 20 mins later and the 1.6 Gb demo is complete. its short, its your standard platform fare, but good god is it something else visually. Easily the most impressive visuals I've seen this gen, the city itself and the stuff going on in the background is pretty cool. Oh and theres a sixaxis control section that actually works. No V sync or framerate issue unlike Heavenly Sword either.

Its not quite Pixar quality visuals granted, but its close.

All I need is confirmation it not 6 hours long and its being got. Who am I kidding, Its gonna have to be.

I've played the Ratchet demo now too, and it's left me with the impression that it's a good game but one that I'm not really interested in.

A lot was going on but I didn't seem to be doing much, and it never really required any skill. There wasn't any platforming to speak of bar some rather rubbish jump pads that take away any kind of control, and whilst the grind rails were a lot better they still didn't amount to much interaction. Combat seemed to amount to hammering the square button and possibly using a gun or grenade if you got bored.

Visually it was astounding with animation that wouldn't look out of place in a Pixar movie, but the actual game seemed so passive I might as well have been watching one. I realise it's only a demo but I haven't played a R&C game before so this is all I have to judge the series by, and on those terms it seems like a pretty game that a 10-year-old could easily muddle through and enjoy a lot. Perhaps this vertical slice isn't representative of the game as a whole. and perhaps in the final game there's chances to explore and you actually have to use your different weapons for more than novelty's sake, but as this demo is all I have to go on I can't say I'm particularly enthused.

Right, figured out Everyday a bit more now.

Looks like the idea isn't to shoot everything in sight like I was doing, but to figure out how to get chains going. You don't seem to actually score any points by shooting stuff, only by picking up the little blobs they leave behind, which are far more abundent in a chain reaction.

Level 3 is like a Mizuguchi tribute to Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Chile :(

Nice to see the developer give respect to Mizuguchi (amongst others) in his blurb, the similarities to his idea of synesthasia in a game are obvious. The unlockables are very much in the Rez mode as well.

The amount of stuff chasing you on screen on the later levels gives your average maniacal J-schmup a run for its money :rolleyes:

Gotta be a smart bomb around here somewhere???

Got my DNS problems sorted out in the end last night. No idea why it was causing me to not be able to connect to the PSN as I haven't changed any settings on my PS3 or router :rolleyes:

Grabbed the Ratchett demo whilst i could and after a very quick go this morning am quite impressed. Never really got on with the previous games (although the PSP game was superb) but am definitely keeping my pre-order.

Bought Everyday Shooter at the same time so was chuffed to know that the Mastercard way of purchasing items on the US store is still ok.

Did everyone else get the change of policy email this morning? I have skimmed through the terms of service agreement but can't see anything radcially different.

Ratchet is absolutely stunning. The graphics really have to be seen to be believed, and the sheer amount of stuff going on around you helps to build one of the most convincing gaming worlds I've ever experienced. Can't wait to see what this game has got past this opening spectacle.

I can't help feeling that the amount of stuff going on around me (in the distance) is all incidental, and could just as easily be a bit of FMV rather than a few LoDed-to-feck ships.

What I'm actually doing in the game is:

* jumping between rails. Just like in Psychonauts.

* running into things and hitting X. Just like in everything ever.

* holding down the L1 button and shooting with the R1 button while strafing. Ditto.

Still, it's prettier than Kameo.

As I mentioned 20 mins later and the 1.6 Gb demo is complete. its short, its your standard platform fare, but good god is it something else visually. Easily the most impressive visuals I've seen this gen, the city itself and the stuff going on in the background is pretty cool. Oh and theres a sixaxis control section that actually works. No V sync or framerate issue unlike Heavenly Sword either.

Its not quite Pixar quality visuals granted, but its close.

All I need is confirmation it not 6 hours long and its being got. Who am I kidding, Its gonna have to be.

Agreed on the graphics. Very impressive. I liked the fish heads laying around, the penguins and stuff and the disco ball weapon effect thing, I just wish the demo wasn't so wankily short. I actually quite enjoyed playing though. As a rule play this kind of thing but it was fun. That sixaxis bit could have done with being a bit longer too. It was quite Almost-Disney funny too. "Press 1 if you're being chased by...., press 2 if you're being chased by ..." made me chuckle anyway.