IGNORED

A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

Pretty much every new release is already supporting it. I bought UTIII and it just worked, as did DMC4.

I ant got owt fairly new though, only Uncharted and Ratchet which I undertsand are patched but I don't know if it's been done over here yet. Is there a list somewhere?

I ant got owt fairly new though, only Uncharted and Ratchet which I undertsand are patched but I don't know if it's been done over here yet. Is there a list somewhere?

They're just rolling out patches pan-region, no point waiting until the pad comes out. My UK copy of Motorstorm got the rumble patch a week before the pad was even out in Japan IIRC.

I just bought a 40gb PS3, and it came with a disc for 2.0 firmware. However when I try to download it, the PS3 says the disk is empty...anyone else have this problem?

I am not connected up to the net at my new place, so I can't download updates for the moment either.

I just bought a 40gb PS3, and it came with a disc for 2.0 firmware. However when I try to download it, the PS3 says the disk is empty...anyone else have this problem?

I am not connected up to the net at my new place, so I can't download updates for the moment either.

are you going to system update, and then update via storage media? If it still doesn't work and you have a usb stick or even your psp just go here

http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3...tail/item48612/

download that and stick it onto whatever.

Can the PS3 stream high definition films from a PC?

With TVersity you can stream damn-near everything to your PS3 from your PC. Even incompatible video files get converted. Heck, I can watch Bloomberg's live web news channel on my PS3 via TVersity.

With TVersity you can stream damn-near everything to your PS3 from your PC. Even incompatible video files get converted. Heck, I can watch Bloomberg's live web news channel on my PS3 via TVersity.

Mm. I'm torn between a PS3 and an Xbox, but Blu-ray, HD streaming and the new Team ICO game might sway me.

Mm. I'm torn between a PS3 and an Xbox, but Blu-ray, HD streaming and the new Team ICO game might sway me.

Get both :(

I use to use TVersity on the 360 to stream stuff, however HD content requires quite a good network speed from your PC to PS3. I use a router with a set of Devolo network plugs (networked over the electricity mains) and it has a maximum of 85mbs :(

Standard AVI files are ok, but streaming to the PS3 HD 720p files always struggle. Funny thing is I don't get the same troubles streaming to the 360 :(

Not tried TVersity on the PS3 though.

Since we got our PS3, we've also invested in a 320gb NAS which I installed Twonkymedia onto and a gigabit network switch specifically for HD Streaming. It's great.

does the PS3 work with NAS devices? I bought a nice big one with UPnP support for streaming music and photos and videos - and it doesn't bloody work with the 360 unless I have a PC running media centre on it. :(

Only if you have twonkyvision or similar running on it, it won't browse SMB network shares or anything. Fuckers :(

does the PS3 work with NAS devices? I bought a nice big one with UPnP support for streaming music and photos and videos - and it doesn't bloody work with the 360 unless I have a PC running media centre on it. :(

It supposedly supports basically any UPnP streamer, and it works for me on my NAS (which runs Twonky) perfectly. You should be OK with that.

Can the PS3 stream high definition films from a PC?

Not MKVs.

This might be of interest to some of you with loads of stuff stored on the old Xbox - XBMC now sets up a UPnP media server for all your music and video files so they can be streamed to the PS3.

Not MKVs.

This might be of interest to some of you with loads of stuff stored on the old Xbox - XBMC now sets up a UPnP media server for all your music and video files so they can be streamed to the PS3.

Hmm. Now I'm getting ideas about my XBMC box seeing my NAS samba share and broadcasting it out for the PS3. Clunky as all heck, but at least I don't have to faff with WMP11 on my PC I spose. Thanks for the news.

Wait until March 14th to see if the 360 price drop is real. If it is then that's a pretty good deal. If it stays the same price then pick up a PS3. Far better value and a lot better as a media streaming device. Although it handles less formats by default it's a hell of a lot quieter.

Quick query for you 60gb peeps out there; if a PS2 game has 50hz/60hz/prog scan options, should I be selecting 60hz or prog scan. Sounds a bit stupid but would prog scan only upscale to 480p? Or something?

Quick query for you 60gb peeps out there; if a PS2 game has 50hz/60hz/prog scan options, should I be selecting 60hz or prog scan. Sounds a bit stupid but would prog scan only upscale to 480p? Or something?

You can set PS3 to upscale PS2 games in the XMB. You may be better off leaving your games set at 50hz as the compatibility is not guaranteed at 60hz.

Can the PS3 play files with an mp4 extension? Tried encoding some films with H264 codec and it always says invalid file format or corrupt data. Tried changing the extension to avi but it's not having hit. Talking normal SD movies here. It's fine with stuff encoded with MPEG-4 but I want better quality at the same file size or same quality at a smaller file size.

Cheers.