A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

I'll do it for you guys. I'll need your email addresses though. I'm in the middle of doing it myself right now, so if that works, then I'll do it. But just Capone and Harry, then I'm out, I odn't want to be doing it all night

So, how has my first day as a PS3 owner gone then? There are a lot of things that have surprised me, to be honest.

I think there are a lot of people who, based on software, suggest that there is little point in owning both a 360 and PS3, but to me, the two machines couldn't be more different. Based on just one day's experience, you get a completely different experience from the PS3 - everything is just so damn swish, but perhaps a little more confusing than the 360, which is more of a work horse.

I can't imagine ever buying a multiformat game for the PS3, because the 360's pad is my favourite of all time and I do like the Achievements system, but the PS3 does feel like a mega piece of kit, and I don't regret buying it for one moment. I suspect the 360 will still dominate my gaming time, but the PS3 is certainly going to be my media hub.

It's nice. I like it. Even the logo is growing on me.

That's wrong, man. Very wrong. Get a hold of yourself, for all our sakes!

I said pretty much the same thing when I bought mine (not about the logo though). Howeverm unless they sort certain features out and get teh XMB in the game pretty fucking quick I don't know how much my Ps3 will be used other than a blu-ray player come Rock Band UK release.

Yeah if you wanna sign up, here's a guide - http://www.ps3hax.net/network-psn-tutorial...-beta-free.html

Right, so you know this bit, at the start

First star: KONAMI ID: choose your personal MGO BETA ID. ID has to be lowercase, be 8 to 32 digits long and can include "-", "_", "."

Did you guys put your Japanese PSN name, or just any online name? Because I put matmurray, and not mathewmurrayJap - which is my Japanese PSN name.

Right, so you know this bit, at the start

Did you guys put your Japanese PSN name, or just any online name? Because I put matmurray, and not mathewmurrayJap - which is my Japanese PSN name.

You can use any name, it's just for signing up for the Konami network I think, it doesn't have to be your PSN name. The process is to register with Konami's network. Next to register your Konami network account with the MGS beta and finally to get the code for the beta once you're in the beta site which you'll need for the 17th. You don't have to tie it to your PSN at any point as far as I could see and I doubt you'll ever need your password or username again, just the beta code.

Oh no way that link doesn't work now!, was gonna try it at work.

The tutorial (which is slightly more confusing that in has to be) is still up

HERE

and the Konami network page is up

OVER HERE

By the way guys, I don't know how strict Konami is going to be about this stuff but if everyone (all over the internet) does it exactly as it says in that guide, a whole bunch of people will show up with the same (nonsensical) name, date of birth and postal code. When I did mine and Harry's, I changed those fields so it might be a good idea to do so if you can.

OK I am finally in (thanks kinketsu!)...

Isn't it all going to be in japanese and practically impossible to play? Also will there be voice chat support in the beta? would help if we can talk to each other etc

So, how has my first day as a PS3 owner gone then? There are a lot of things that have surprised me, to be honest.

I think there are a lot of people who, based on software, suggest that there is little point in owning both a 360 and PS3, but to me, the two machines couldn't be more different. Based on just one day's experience, you get a completely different experience from the PS3 - everything is just so damn swish, but perhaps a little more confusing than the 360, which is more of a work horse.

I can't imagine ever buying a multiformat game for the PS3, because the 360's pad is my favourite of all time and I do like the Achievements system, but the PS3 does feel like a mega piece of kit, and I don't regret buying it for one moment. I suspect the 360 will still dominate my gaming time, but the PS3 is certainly going to be my media hub.

It's nice. I like it. Even the logo is growing on me.

.::: Is this the point where I say "I told you so"?

Though, you are clearly bonkers concerning the logo. :unsure:

Hell yeah! We're like a brotherhood. Like the Aryan Brotherhood but without the prisons or gay action. Although now with boyatsea in the brotherhood there might be some gay action going on!

Buy me MotorStorm first.

(btw it was me who convinced boyatsea to get the PS3. I also convince xibxang to get his 360. I'm just good at making people buy things)

It's true.

He made me go BAD.

I've signed up with the konami ID thing and got my email, but when I click the confirm registration link I get an authorisation required box that wont accept the username and password I signed up with.

Help.

I'll tell you one other thing my PS3 has taught me.

Sony really should provide an HDMI cable in the box. To make such fuss about it early on, and then rely on an HD-stupid audience to realise they have to get one off their own back is daft.

Plus...

Microsoft really should make the 360 wireless out of the box. Having to buy an adapter seems very antiquated now.

I'll tell you one other thing my PS3 has taught me.

Sony really should provide an HDMI cable in the box. To make such fuss about it early on, and then rely on an HD-stupid audience to realise they have to get one off their own back is daft.

Plus...

Microsoft really should make the 360 wireless out of the box. Having to buy an adapter seems very antiquated now.

I agree on both counts. Sony do so much right - built in wireless, rechargable controllers etc that to not include an HDMI cable seems crazy.

7 days on from getting my PS3 and I'm really pleased with it. Prologue, UT3 and Motorstorm have expanded my gaming collection, the HDMI image is pin sharp and the Blu-Ray player is first class - Pirates of the Carribean looked amazing. PSN is okay but not on the level of live, I'm yet to hear another players voice online and I've not got a friend yet! The sixaxis pad is a bit pants, makes me appreciate the 360 one all the more. Some third party has to produce a pad with those dimensions and layout.