IGNORED

A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

I agree on both counts. Sony do so much right - built in wireless, rechargable controllers etc that to not include an HDMI cable seems crazy.

7 days on from getting my PS3 and I'm really pleased with it. Prologue, UT3 and Motorstorm have expanded my gaming collection, the HDMI image is pin sharp and the Blu-Ray player is first class - Pirates of the Carribean looked amazing. PSN is okay but not on the level of live, I'm yet to hear another players voice online and I've not got a friend yet! The sixaxis pad is a bit pants, makes me appreciate the 360 one all the more. Some third party has to produce a pad with those dimensions and layout.

I'd agree with all of that. I think that both console's have pros and minuses - but in different areas, meaning they sorta compliment each other.

This is aimed at Boyatsea really.... You said your PS3 saw your pc straightaway when connected? Do you have to have anything enabled on your pc, or be using Vista? Because my PS3 won't find any media servers at all. I thought I could stream files from my pc and the PS3 could decode them and then play them? Cheers.

use mediaconnect. sees it straight off.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ices/wmconnect/

Won't have it. Doesn't see my PS3 nor my PS3 see my pc. MS recommend upgrading to version 2.0 if it's version 1.0 you have installed. But version 2.0 isn't available because its all built into WMP11. Which I don't have. What with having a dodgy copy of windows!

Won't have it. Doesn't see my PS3 nor my PS3 see my pc. MS recommend upgrading to version 2.0 if it's version 1.0 you have installed. But version 2.0 isn't available because its all built into WMP11. Which I don't have. What with having a dodgy copy of windows!

You can find sites where you can download WMP11 without needing to go through the Genuine check

just google for it

WMP11 is much better than struggling with all that mediaconnect cobblers which was a nightmare

EDIT: Just remembered WMP11 checks at install time doesn't it? you'll need this then

http://haigis.blogspot.com/2006/05/windows...11-without.html

I never, ever, ever managed to get my 360 to see my pc. When I set up my PS3 I installed Tversity and set it up in a kind of resigned final attempt at media streaming and it just worked. I was amazed! The 360 still won't play with the pc though. <_<

I don't know whether anyone is still playing their Eye of Judgment but I just found a phantom card in a booster pack. It looks like a misprint as their is no picture or text but when you put it under the eye all is revealed. So now to decide whether to keep it or ebay it, there's the same card going for £21 at the minute. For one card! It's madness I tell you.

How did you do it Hitcher? I'm having the same problem.

From memory -

Signed in to the main Komani site, clicked the 3rd red box on the left side, clicked the bottom button, clicked the left bottom button (I changed the DOB on one of these pages), got another email with link, clicked link and signed in successfully and got the code.

This is aimed at Boyatsea really.... You said your PS3 saw your pc straightaway when connected? Do you have to have anything enabled on your pc, or be using Vista? Because my PS3 won't find any media servers at all. I thought I could stream files from my pc and the PS3 could decode them and then play them? Cheers.

I have Vista. I went upstairs while my PS3 was running, and a little bubble had popped up saying an 'unknown device' had been spotted on my network, asking if I should give it access. Which I did.

I came downstairs, and when I went to the music/video section there was a little Windows logo.

Incidently, the 360 worked in the same way, accept once I clicked 'yes' on my PC, it loaded Windows Media Center set-up without even asking me. Heh.

I never, ever, ever managed to get my 360 to see my pc. When I set up my PS3 I installed Tversity and set it up in a kind of resigned final attempt at media streaming and it just worked. I was amazed! The 360 still won't play with the pc though. <_<

Vista + wireless hub = 360 spotting PC.

Tried to make it work with a wired connection, and it never would.

you're meant to buy sonys OFFICIAL one for 20 quid thats why. totally worth it though, my PS3 is my dvd player bar none other.

No-one on the high street seems to sell the official one, mind.

I ended up getting a 3m one from GameStation. Seems to work.

By the way, just been reading this - http://www.ukdynasty.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=54431

How many peeps here have upgraded their HDDs? What size did you go for?

I've recently upgraded mine with a 250GB 5400rpm Hitachi. Quite easy, but make sure you have the correct screwdriver, I nearly rounded 2 screw heads before borrowing the screwdriver from a computer store.