IGNORED

A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

I just got a new HDMI cable because mine was a bit knackered and I'd forgotten how it was meant to look! I used to get white dots flickering about, occasional flashes of snow. And text, especially white on black, used to have a slight glow around it.

I'm not really in the "it works or doesn't work" camp anymore as the difference now is pretty significant. So I guess it either works, doesn't work or works a bit faulty.

By the way, just been reading this - http://www.ukdynasty.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=54431

How many peeps here have upgraded their HDDs? What size did you go for?

.::: Swapped mine for a 320GB, which was about €99,- (which is a bargain-bin price considering the old packs and the 360 HDD's). Easy to swap (just be sure to use the back-up function first), and so much better. ;)

The fan in my PS3 is constantly spinning even when I turn the unit off, I have to manually switch it off from the back. Is this normal? It's not loud but I can still hear it when I'm sleeping.

Do you have the remote play from standby thing turned on? I think that is supposed to use more power than normal standby.

.::: Swapped mine for a 320GB, which was about €99,- (which is a bargain-bin price considering the old packs and the 360 HDD's). Easy to swap (just be sure to use the back-up function first), and so much better. ;)

I've been putting this off but there's a back-up function? Is that in the manual? Hmmm, time to go for it I think.

I've been putting this off but there's a back-up function? Is that in the manual? Hmmm, time to go for it I think.

.::: It's under System Settings in the XMB. It backs everything up so it can get quite big. Best thing to do is delete all recoverable content like downloads and such, then back-up to a simple USB-stick, swap HDD, recover stick and redownload/install games and such. It'll save your profile info on the PS3 itself btw.

Of course if you have a massive external (FAT32 formatted) HDD, you can just back-up the whole she-bang. But I had to make do with a 2GB USB-stick and even then it's piss-easy. :(

I'd agree with all of that. I think that both console's have pros and minuses - but in different areas, meaning they sorta compliment each other.

If only the 360 mixed it up a bit with the visual media stuff - I could stare at that rotating Earth for hours.

It's so fucking pretty.

update 2.20 is out, downloading now.

how long has this been out?

A few weeks. This is the update with Home in it, so well worth downloading. Come join us in Home for some pre-game lulz. Chase and Soong have done wonders with their Home spaces.

A few weeks. This is the update with Home in it, so well worth downloading. Come join us in Home for some pre-game lulz. Chase and Soong have done wonders with their Home spaces.

Mine is well nice too. Come on over!

Keith says:

i apparently already have that update. wherez ze homez?

murray (rllmuk) says:

We don't have HOME yet.

murray (rllmuk) says:

That was a little joke we play in the PS3 thread.

murray (rllmuk) says:

It's like a little family in there, it's great. There's a good vibe.

Keith says:

i don't like that joke. i got all excited. :(

murray (rllmuk) says:

LOL

murray (rllmuk) says:

You should post that in the thread.

Sorry, Boyatsea, PS3 Owners Thread in-joke.

Now.. back to Warhawk, I was just about to invite Soong to this great game I've got going using the in-game XMB from firmware 2.21.

Thing is about being a PS3 owner.. if you didn't laugh, you'd cry.