IGNORED

A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

When's Wipeout HD out then? Just watched the trailer and it looks like a nice balance between Wipeout and F-Zero in places.

Oh, and I've just hit 20,000! In this thread! Hooray!

Thanks in full to the power of the Cell Broadband engine!

Ah, worth it then. Talking through the PS eye is all fine and dandy but when you're playing it's hard to hear peoples voice with all the gun fire etc..

I told you that a couple of months ago!

When's Wipeout HD out then? Just watched the trailer and it looks like a nice balance between Wipeout and F-Zero in places.

Oh, and I've just hit 20,000! In this thread! Hooray!

Someone said it's been confirmed for May.

Can't bloody wait! :)

I told you that a couple of months ago!

That you did *hangs head in shame*.

I've been in exactly the same boat, chosen a good time to have my 360 die (for the fourth time). Been enjoying Everyday Shooter, GT5 and DMC4. I've got Pixeljunk Monsters but I'm not enjoying it as much - seems a lot like Desktop Tower Defense but doesn't have the added strategy of organising the crowd control as far as I can see. Maybe need to give it more time.

I think the fact I've never played a tower defence game before probably helps a lot. It gets tricky pretty quickly, but there's the incentive of friends with higher scores to egg me on. I've had some ace games trying to get a perfect score to unlock new areas and watching the final boss with the tiniest sliver of health manage to waltz through my final barrage and take out the one baby it needs to bollock up my efforts.

Everyday is obviously ace and I've got GT5 but I've hardly done anything on it so far. I just wish the PS3 was better at the whole playing with friends malarkey. I've seen you playing GT5 a couple of times but I just know there's no point attempting invites or anything like that...

Anyway, my 360 was back, all fixed up with a free month of Live. But now it has to wrestle me away from the PS3! The tables have turned! And the poor old Wii sits there without any cables plugged in at all, like Tiny Tim with a flap.

Ah, worth it then. Talking through the PS eye is all fine and dandy but when you're playing it's hard to hear peoples voice with all the gun fire etc..

I think I'll wait until September and get the official headset and SOCOM Confrontation bundle. The headset also comes with a charging cradle.

psheadsetnew.jpg

Red light LOL

I launched a game from Home the other day! It was like living in the future.*

* What actually happened. I launched Home, brought up the ingame PSP menu thingy, chose Warhawk off my games list, put some parameters in (number of players and something else I forget) didn't invite anyone in because nobody in my list was online at 1am on a Wednesday, pressed Launch Game and...

It booted me out of Home and loaded Warhawk. Warhawk moaned about needing an update, I updated it and it restarted and just loaded up as normal. I don't know if the update was why it didn't stick me in my own special room for super VIPs or if the functionality still isn't there in any meaningful way. Then I went to bed.

Dylan Jobe (developer guy) said that you could use that functionality with Warhawk "properly" after the 1.3 update.

#3 HOME Game Launching:

Yeah Baby…So our HOME integration is coming along nicely and this update includes a great, and much needed feature for Warhawk. With the release of v1.3 patch, players will be able to form groups, meet in their apartments, discuss tactics, and then launch a game of Warhawk…all together!

When you’re in your apartment, all you do is whip-out your virtual PSP, select ‘create game’ and pick Warhawk. From there, you get to start your own player server, pick a game rotation, set server options and then…BAM !! Launch Warhawk with all of your friends!! You can also pick to not make your game viewable to the other Warhawk players around the world, or you can make it a ‘public’ game that puts all of your friends into the server together, and leaves open slots for other global Warhawk players join.

Games launched from HOME show up in the global games list in an attactive gold color.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/02/15/warhawk-v13-patch/

I think the fact I've never played a tower defence game before probably helps a lot.

Go here at your earliest convenience. I know what you mean about the whole online thing, it's still miles away from 360 and I'm not convinced Home is going to help matters much. Whilst I've warmed to the PS3 of late the lack of online and poor controller still makes me think I'll be spending more time on my 360.

When you’re in your apartment, all you do is whip-out your virtual PSP, select ‘create game’ and pick Warhawk. From there, you get to start your own player server, pick a game rotation, set server options and then…BAM !! Launch Warhawk with all of your friends!! You can also pick to not make your game viewable to the other Warhawk players around the world, or you can make it a ‘public’ game that puts all of your friends into the server together, and leaves open slots for other global Warhawk players join.

Well that sounds overly complicated and a bit shit. Home is going to over-complicate the whole online side when they should be streamlining it and making it transparently simple.

Download Home 1.0 Now!*

Well, another week, another Home story. Except this one's quite interesting: according to this guy (warning: site is advert/banner hell and kills Firefox) enterprising folk have managed to use the Folding@Home exploit to grab v1.00 of Home. Naturally, the whole would explode if people could actually play it, but despite a 200MB download the thing is still locked just now. Waiting for Sony to flick the switch? Looks like it. If they get this thing ready for April 15th, we're in for one hell of a treat next week...

*Except you won't be able to use it. <_<

Edit:

If I end up in jail, then one of you guys is being my bitch.

I think the address is only needed for billing purposes which the entropay system Murray,etc uses for Rock band side steps.

Besides, Sony blatantly know about it, given the uproar on the "insert disc error" we all got for the US uncharted demo.

If I end up in jail, then one of you guys is being my bitch.

You may have to fight for me, I'm quite pretty.

So I've been watching this guys videos on YouTube from inside the Home beta. I'm not crazy about Home but it's interesting to watch the wee progress of Home from the first video and then watch the most recent one. It still doesn't blow me away, especially the loading when you move from one area to the other. But one thing that did interest me in one of the later videos is that you can play Chess in the shopping centre! I didn't know that. At the minute, a friend of mine and I still play chess via the...new old-fashioned way, I suppose, sending moves through e-mail. I doubt I could convince him to buy a PS3 just to play chess but I'm glad they have it in there, as small a feature as it may be.

However the rest of the areas don't look very impressive, and I can't image what it'll look like when it has millions of people signed up to it at a time instead of a handful. How do they pick which people to show and which people not to when it's such a small area?

I think I'll wait until September and get the official headset and SOCOM Confrontation bundle. The headset also comes with a charging cradle.

psheadsetnew.jpg

Ooo. I want one of these.

Anyway, my 360 was back, all fixed up with a free month of Live. But now it has to wrestle me away from the PS3! The tables have turned! And the poor old Wii sits there without any cables plugged in at all, like Tiny Tim with a flap.

Cool! Let's R6V2 like it's 1999!