IGNORED

A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

Resistance 2 Trailer This Friday

Will we get our first proper look at Resistance 2 for the PlayStation 3 this week? I'm going with "definitely maybe." "yes." GameTrailers TV host Geoff Keighley teases on his blog that the April 11 episode will feature "something special from our friends at Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment", one of seven exclusives Keighley boasts about.

The rumored/leaked PlayStation Store release list we got a glimpse at recently lists the Resistance 2 trailer as arriving in store on April 15, the day of the PSN revamp. Consider it ((very) hopeful) speculation on my part, but keep your eyes peeled for an official announcement. Fingers locked in X-formation until Friday.

Update: And there's the confirmation! This week's GameTrailers TV features not just a Resistance 2 teaser, but Soulcalibur IV in-game action with Vader and Yoda, plus loads of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

resistance_2_trailer.jpg

http://kotaku.com/376949/resistance-2-trai...s-friday-uh-yes

PSN Getting More Than Just A Facelift?

Giving the decidedly average PlayStation Store a new coat of paint may not be the only changes Sony make to their online services this year. Speaking with GameDaily, Sony's Scott Steinberg has said:

On the network side, we've stated that we're in a closed beta now for Home, we'll be rolling out functionality later this year, both for the Network and making Home public to others. So 2008 is going to be the year where both on the service side as well as on a Blu-Ray side, you're going to see everything that we've got.

Rolling out non-Home-related functionality sounds a lot more involved than just giving the PS Store a quick spit-n-polish. Please, let both your imagination and speculation run unchecked.

psnnew.jpg

http://kotaku.com/377102/psn-getting-more-...just-a-facelift

Seriously, everyone needs to buy Everybody's Golf! We had a 15 player tournament the other day. FIFTEEN! That's some kind of PS3 record.

(I came third, woo!)

Just to reiterate the point, Everybody's Golf is the bestest game on PS3.

Though don't get overly excited, only 12 of us were rllmukers in that game, still probably a record. Who won again?

LittleBigPlanet In Development For PSP?

Citing "sources", British site CVG are reporting that a PSP version of Sony's free-form platformer LittleBigPlanet is currently in development at Sony Studio Liverpool. Sony are obviously keeping quiet on the subject, but with the PS3 and PSP growing more and more interconnected via things like remote play, the possibility of a portable version of LBP that could "talk" to a PS3 version of the game isn't the most outrageous rumour I've heard this week.

LittleBigPlanet coming to PSP? [CVG]

lbp2.jpg

http://kotaku.com/377183/littlebigplanet-i...lopment-for-psp

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186407

I haven't got around to playing it yet, but I'm curious about what "it lacked the gun play" actually means. Especially if it's repetitive. What do you do, run around frowning?

If you play shooters like I do, then as soon as someone starts firing at you, you run away.

I haven't got around to playing it yet, but I'm curious about what "it lacked the gun play" actually means. Especially if it's repetitive. What do you do, run around frowning?

It was shit, it didn't feel like you were popping bullets into people, the enemies didn't react to the guns, it just became very dull and repetitive unfortunately.

Resistance was the first shooter I've enjoyed in years. Great fun, great sci-fi plot, levels were a sensible length, nice and varied.

It's by insomniac who did ratchet and clank, and has a similar level of polish. Really enjoyed it, right through to the end.

Enjoyed it more that half life 2 in fact.

You are called The Chief and have a Master Chief avatar. ;)

He's got a point though. The way the enemy could charge unflinchingly through a Hale (chortle) of bullets and whap you in the face with a super punch was a bit arse.