A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

- Google for PS3 themes, there are loads around. Find the neogaf thread, loads of decent ones in there.

'Aye, the NeoGaf thread has the best as it is home to the best theme developer ever, a bloke called m0dus.

He's done a couple of recent ones that look the dogs, a Wipeout one and a CELL one.

See here.

.::: NO! DO NOT BUY A 2.5" 72000 RPM REPLACEMENT HDD! JUST DON'T!

72000 RPMs are not stable with all games (though that's about a handful or so that give minor issues or slow down) and the promised speed-difference is completely negligible (4 seconds faster on a 15 minute install and comparable). Under no circumstances is it worth the extra money, never mind the compatibility issues that might occur with certain games.

Right now im confused, so what speed is the one in the PS3? I'll go for that one and probably one with less storage as i cant see myself using 320gb.

Right now im confused, so what speed is the one in the PS3? I'll go for that one and probably one with less storage as i cant see myself using 320gb.

.::: The PS3 has a bog standard 54000RPM HDD. Just swap it with a 2.5" 54000RPM HDD of any size you want and be happy without needlessly spending more cash. :wub:

As for size, think about how many games you want to download. For instance if you are tempted by downloading GT5 Prologue or already have, get a bigger one, because more and more games will eventually take up space and each game will be around 5-6 GB judging by current standards (which will only grow in the future I believe). Personally, I've put a 320GB in, purely because I'm a bit of a PSN freak and got most of the games on there. GT5P was also a download purely because I like the concept of just booting a game without the disc.

But as I'm not normal, you might as well disregard that last bit.

[edit] BTW, Gerbik: you can darken the background separately under Theme Settings with the Triangle sub-menu, making white text on a white background easier to read. You can also do this with custom wallpapers or other bright stuff that makes the XMB hard to discern.

.::: [edit] BTW, Gerbik: you can darken the background separately under Theme Settings with the Triangle sub-menu, making white text on a white background easier to read. You can also do this with custom wallpapers or other bright stuff that makes the XMB hard to discern.

Works perfectly! Thanks for the tip :wub:

POSSIBLY bad news about the MGO beta:

"Konami Insider wrote:

Here's the deal, we're well aware of PS3 owners applying to subscribe to the MGS Online Beta which is currently limited to Japanese PSN account holders (i.e. Japanese residents), anyone subscribing with a PSN id which isn't registered from a Japanese PSN account will not be accepted into the program. However, we're also well aware that a large number of unscrupulous members have signed up for a Japanese PSN as well. Any member who has signed up to the Japanese PSN with fake or invalid details will be flagged at this point and their PSN accounts suspended pending further enquiries, in addition all beta members have to fill out an initial beta slip sent to their registered Japanese address. If they fail to return this beta slip, their access to the beta programme will become suspended.

It is our effort to only offer beta testing to qualified individuals who can offer us quality assurances on the beta versions of any of our software. Members abusing this system will be reported to Sony (worldwide) and it will be our request that such accounts or sub accounts will be banned from participation in ANY beta program in future and in cases where information supplied is fraudulent access to the relevant PSN networks will also be restricted to them."

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...#entry589317693

They've definitely blocked the site for non-Japanese gamers (which is pretty cheeky when they won't even confirm that the Euro beta is going ahead) but I can't see them sending out "beta slips" to the registered addresses, or telling Sony who can and cannot enter betas on PSN- what, you forget to send in your slip and you get barred from using PSN for life?

They've definitely blocked the site for non-Japanese gamers (which is pretty cheeky when they won't even confirm that the Euro beta is going ahead) but I can't see them sending out "beta slips" to the registered addresses, or telling Sony who can and cannot enter betas on PSN- what, you forget to send in your slip and you get barred from using PSN for life?

Yeah it did seem a little extreme but it was just in case.

Got worried didntcha ? :wub:

Yeah really, what if it goes missing in the post.

Yeah it did seem a little extreme but it was just in case.

Got worried didntcha ? :wub:

Looks like lies, it was just written on the comment page of Kotaku. It sounds like the Konami Insider didn't even go through the registration process himself before making up that story.

However, as I said down thread, I would be a bit worried if you followed that earlier tutorial exactly. If Konami are now blocking non-Japanes ips, they may have gotten wise. The easiest way to find a bunch of fake sign ups would be to check the database for 10,000 people all called "Mail Address" (which is what the tutorial gets you to paste into the name box) who all live at the Catholic Lay Mission in Adachi, Tokyo.

The easiest way to find a bunch of fake sign ups would be to check the database for 10,000 people all called "Mail Address" (which is what the tutorial gets you to paste into the name box) who all live at the Catholic Lay Mission in Adachi, Tokyo.

Probably the most unintentionally funny thing I've read on the internet in months. :wub:

Even if all that bollocks about beta slips sent to your home (pfft) is true, then the only account they'll be able to block from potentially using PSN is your japanese one. Another one would take about 5 minutes to register if you wanted to grab some japanese only demos.

It's nonsense anyhow.