A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

I had a look at GT5: Prologue on the uk store yesterday to find out how big a download it is. It doesn't tell you that, but it does APPEAR to say that you can only play your game if you are logged into the account that you bought it with, and connected to PSN.

WTF? Are they saying you need an internet connection every time you want to play it, even single player??

And it wont work for any other accounts on your PS3??

So when's GT5 proper out? I don't understand what the deal is with Prologue - will you be able to buy the additional content that, togther with Prologue makes up the full game, seperately, or do you pay full price for a game that comprises stuff that you already paid £25 for? If the game is finished enough to release Prologue, then it can't be that far from completion, so why release part of it early? See, I really don't understand.

I had a look at GT5: Prologue on the uk store yesterday to find out how big a download it is. It doesn't tell you that, but it does APPEAR to say that you can only play your game if you are logged into the account that you bought it with, and connected to PSN.

WTF? Are they saying you need an internet connection every time you want to play it, even single player??

Sounds just like Steam. Might well be the case.

.::: It'll work. Only the owner (profile) can re-download it though.

So it's bollocks then? I can buy it, play it when the PS3 is offline and start it from other accounts on the PS3? Thats ok.

I wonder why sony go out of their way to make downloading stuff sound like a bad deal.

No, you can only play it on the account it was purchased from and you need to be signed in to play it.

Europe will get Metal Gear Online beta

Konami has told Eurogamer that it will be announcing its European Metal Gear Online beta plans "shortly".

Its comments follow (at a safe and undetectable distance) word earlier that sign-ups to the MGO beta in Japan appear to be inaccessible to those of us with Western-originating IP addresses.

The full game is due out around the world alongside Metal Gear Solid 4 on 12th June, so Konami had better get its skates on.

Pop over to our Metal Gear Online first impressions to lift the veil from the face of comprehension.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=131231

Surely we all know Soong is just a bot? :o

Joking aside, is there anything on the system likely to reattract me to gaming after losing all interest? I'm wary of GT5 as I'm shite at driving games, and if my experience of 1-3 is anything to go by then I'm going to get nowhere fast. Yet obviously at £20 it's quite minimal risk. Whats UTIII like? I used to love the original, but not played much of them since aside from a little Unrel Championship a few years back

Surely we all know Soong is just a bot? :o

Joking aside, is there anything on the system likely to reattract me to gaming after losing all interest? I'm wary of GT5 as I'm shite at driving games, and if my experience of 1-3 is anything to go by then I'm going to get nowhere fast. Yet obviously at £20 it's quite minimal risk. Whats UTIII like? I used to love the original, but not played much of them since aside from a little Unrel Championship a few years back

I quite like UT3 despite the lack of quality voice comms. It is fast and responsive on PS3, though not quite as fast as PC version.

GT is more of the same in HD with a pitiful online component, lots of grinding the same races and the same questionable AI.

I find this just astounding. The fact that to DL it is more expensive than the disc, which has no restrictions, is even more astounding.

The disc is £25 rrp, those doing it at £20 are selling at their own price. While there is the question of "why bother" I'm gobsmacked that you seem to think Sony should roll out premium content with no drm or restrictions. The other 99% of content is shareable and the two premium games are the only exception - I wonder why that would be?