A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/04/10/...re-walkthrough/

Not a link to the home thing but my PS3 loving pals on another site are excited about this link. 7.1 HD sound or something else I'm not techie enough to understand for the next firmware update described in that link. Sorry if it's been put up before I skimmed through the last couple of pages.

Ooo. An excuse to get a couple of extra speakers for my lovely 7 channel amp. :angry:

My 40 giger is approaching capacity at an alarming rate :s

So one day soon I hope to stick in a nice big HDD...

Right so...the "precious" bits of Data on My current 40gig HDD are the saved games, naturally.

How the hell you transfer them?

A USB pen drive perhaps? the files shouldn't be too big....also can I redownload the one PSN game i've got? in a XBL stylee?

.::: That's it.

I'll write a guide this weekend. This is becoming slightly ridiculous to keep explaining over and over again. :angry:

Exciting!

Enhanced PLAYSTATION®Store Launches on 15th April

Redesigned with Improved Interface for Easier Navigation

New Content Available — Metal Gear Solid Online Beta Trial Launches

On 15th April, the new look PLAYSTATION®Store, the online content store on PLAYSTATION®Network launches; bring with it improved navigation, more functionality and a whole raft of new content.

The revamp comes in response to a survey last year which showed that many PLAYSTATION Store users wanted a better interface and easier navigation. The new design will deliver a hugely improved navigation system, much greater scope for categorisation and a dynamic new user interface.

To accompany the launch, the PLAYSTATION Store will see an exciting selection of content available from 17th April, consisting of the launch of the Metal Gear Online Premiere Beta, building up to the launch of the next chapter in one of PlayStation’s most loved franchises, Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots. Also available will be Warhawk™: Operation Broken Mirror, a great new addition to the hugely popular Warhawk experience and Lair™: Diabolical Dragons Pack and Skyguard Upgrade pack, offering new and exciting features and functions. There will also be a collection of trailers including the latest for GTA IV, as well as a Sega Superstars tennis demo.

To clarify, this press release is about Europe. I just read it here

No mention of Home though :angry:

Got a question about that mkv2vob program

ive used it a couple times to convert some mkv files which are just over a gig each

after they convert it gives me a *.mp4 file which i put on my USB memory stick to tranfer to my PS3.

For some reason these mp4 files wont appear when on the USB when you press "display all" but they are definitely on there.

Ive got a load of MP4 files on my PS3 already but it wont recognise the ones converted by mkv2vob

Anyone know why?

Ta

Home confirmed for release 17th April.

It wasnt funny when Soong did it, or when Murray did it, so its especially not funny when someone who cant even be original does it.

Is there really so little to talk about on the PS3 that every week we must have the same HOME is out shit.

It wasnt funny when Soong did it, or when Murray did it, so its especially not funny when someone who cant even be original does it.

Is there really so little to talk about on the PS3 that every week we must have the same HOME is out shit.

Make your own PS3 thread!

Got a question about that mkv2vob program

ive used it a couple times to convert some mkv files which are just over a gig each

after they convert it gives me a *.mp4 file which i put on my USB memory stick to tranfer to my PS3.

For some reason these mp4 files wont appear when on the USB when you press "display all" but they are definitely on there.

Ive got a load of MP4 files on my PS3 already but it wont recognise the ones converted by mkv2vob

Anyone know why?

Ta

Bang the mp4 files into a folder named VIDEO. That's the only way it'll see em.

Didn't see this posted, so apologies if it has been ...some smart guy has set up the bbc iplayer for the ps3. just hit www.ps3iplayer.com ..it's in the beta stage and seems a bit shaky to me. can't full screen anything yet..