A thread for PS3 owners Here

I checked critter crunch as i downloaded the demo - it's twice the price of the us one.

Thanks Dandy

From what I can gather, we can sign up and get an additional PSN account in the US and buy them - could anyone offer advice on how to do this, and what you ned to do to juggle accounts, get points, etc?

Edit: Actually a quick google seems that a $20 PSN card tends to cost about £18 - which would kind of defeat the point of buying US points cards to save money on these games. Unless I'm looking in the wrong places, that is.

Premium only I take it, like the iPhone app?

I'm hoping it will be both but you can pay the extra to skip the ads like the desktop client. Oh man, there is also a thing saying that the next sequel to a long established racing series is going to be released on the PS3 for the first time. I bloody well hope it's going to be Test Drive.

I would really like Skype, its on the PSP, but imagine being able to have a video chat with someone (ideally using the PS3 processor to up scale the video) on your big TV in the living room, it would be like back to the Future part II!

:)

That would be brilliant. Rehydrated pizza hut next please :omg:

I'm not in here often, so excuse me if this has been discussed. Can someone tell me the best price I should be expecting to pay for a $20 and $50 PSN card from the likes of eBay? It seems it makes more sense to buy the latter judging by the prices.

Not sure what ebay prices are but i have used a place called maximus cards.com. it cost $58.95 for the $50 card and the number was emailed straight away.

Believe it when I see it. Paradox claimed to have hacked it before the EU launch but never released it

Ive been reading over the gaf thread on it and this dude seems like the real deal and he seems to have done what other hakers have failed to do in 3 years, in a single month. It's unbelievable to me as well, I thought the PS3 would NEVER get broken in this gen

But.. That's just the norm isn't it? If I download any programs on my PC I then sit and wait while it installs, that's just the way digital delivery works.

The PC has a filesystem, and will generally need to uncompress everything once downloaded.

There's no reason at all why Sony couldn't uncompress while downloading, if they chose a suitable method of compression. There's no reason at all why they couldn't have chosen to work their filesystem such that you downloaded into the place where you were going to install - and so make the whole thing seamless.

There's no reason I can think of why Sony's System Updates take 10 minutes to download for seemingly minor changes, whereas Microsoft seem to be able to reconfigure their entire dashboard with a minute long download.

Ive been reading over the gaf thread on it and this dude seems like the real deal

The problem is that its one thing to hack the machine in order to dump the nands and such (which is what i understand to be the main accomplishment), it's quite another to release a useable hack for other people to use.

It's a good positive step, and the guy is to be commended. But it doesn't yet mean we'll be running all sorts of stuff any time soon. I like to keep the two separate.

There's no reason I can think of why Sony's System Updates take 10 minutes to download for seemingly minor changes, whereas Microsoft seem to be able to reconfigure their entire dashboard with a minute long download.

Because Sony upload the whole firmware rather then hacks or code replacement. Microsoft patch the firmware/things onto it.

What I read somewhere(can't remember where, sorry), was that Sony's System cannot be patched, So every update you download, it re-downloads the whole OS, and then installs it over the previous build. Whereas Microsoft have made their system from the beginning to be patched, and only the files affected in an update are downloaded.

Been using my ps3 as a dvd/media player for ages and last night my desktop hard drive broke and i havent got my laptop linked up for media sharing atm.

So i burnt a few discs of video off my laptop to watch on the ps3 but its not recognising the files in the folders, i know that they played fine on the ps3 from my hard drive but they wont work from disc, tried my flatmates one too and it wont work on his, any idea if there is a fix or something i can do to sort this?

It comes up with the folders that the video is in (their own folders not /video) but when you open them it says no media or something similar(cant remember atm as i'm in work), thing is that one of the movies i put on works where the others dont so i wonder if its a codec issue or something. Or does the ps3 prefer a certain type of disc maybe? Everything i have burnt in the past worked fine its just these ones that arent having any of it :lol:

Episode 3 of Blue Toad Murder Files will be FREE from Feb 25 to March 25.

Episode 3 will be released on 25th February and cost nothing to download until 25th March. You'll need Episode 1 installed in order to play, and that can be bought with Episode 2 in a double-pack for £9.99.

And...

Episodes 4, 5 & 6 will be released on April 8 for £9.99

Relentless also announced that the final three episodes, instalments four to six, will be released on 8th April. That triple-pack costs £9.99.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/next-blu...de-will-be-free

:)

Boring UK update today. I keep my fingers crossed for a decent PS1 game* on the US store later.

*Vagrant Story

Haha, me too. Dunno why, I've got the PAL copy sitting in my pile of PSOne games in storage, yet I want to buy the game again. :eyebrows:

(The PAL version has nasty borders)

Hey guys.

After getting my (barely used) PS3 back from my mate, i've not been able to get an image through the scart. My mate was using HDMI and says you have to set the connection through the settings bit. So he says it's stuck on HDMI, and me not having a HDMI telly, can't access the settings to switch it back over.

Is this right?

Also: a moan. WHY ARE SONY BASTARDS? In other words, why isn't there a VGA cable? Sadface.

Connect the PS3 via your SCART cable and hold down the power button when you turn it on. Your machine should detect the correct output settings automatically.

Oh, right. Cool. I'll try that.

Still, I REFUSE to play Uncharted 2 on a postage-stamp sized TV.

;)