IGNORED

A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

Christ I think i'm going to buy it.

It's madness. This is madness. But there's no way i'm waiting until I have a proper tv again, I'm shit at saving and that won't happen for ages.

So Uncharted 2 on ten inch screen it is.

*edit*

No, I can't. It would be a traversty.

So Uncharted 2 on ten inch screen it is.

*edit*

No, I can't. It would be a traversty.

I really wouldn't do that, Smitty. I speak as one who loves the game, but have to say that the visuals are a huge part of the experience. You'll spoil it for yourself a fair bit on a 10" SDTV, imo. I'd rather wait ages to play it than do that.

And yeah, surely there's a nearby forumite who can lend you a (large, widescreen) DVI monitor for a short while? Won't take you long to finish the game.

but have to say that the visuals are a huge part of the experience

I had the game paused on chapter 2 of the first game when my dog strolled in. I started playing and she froze, staring at the screen as if she'd just found herself on the edge of a cliff. From then on she'd position herself in front of the game, reacting to the slightest camera movement, bewildered and gleeful.

Uncharted + Dog = Awesome.

I've really been enjoying using my PS3 as a media server and to play old forgotten PS2 games recently ;)

Beat Silent Hill 2 on it earlier today - first time I've played it in about 7 years. Amazingly atmospheric game, the graphics hold up surprisingly well, but it has such a depressing ending :(

I have a few DL games that I can only play when I'm in a specific mood, and have only a couple of proper disc games for the thing;

Uncharted 1 (played it to absolute buggery)

Uncharted 2 (on 3rd playthrough - simply astounding. Amazing to see what the PS3 can do if you tickle it just right)

LittleBigPlanet (don't like it, prob won't play it again)

Ghostbusters (coz of the timed exclusivity, ok game, prob won't return to it)

I've really warmed to the machine having previously been heavily in favour of the 360, and will continue to use that for multiplatform/multiplayer games, but I'm really looking forward to all of the lovely PS3 exclusives coming this year ;)

I think due to the excellent-looking year ahead that this is the year PS3 will end up on level sales-wise with the 360. The tight competition between the two machines can only mean good things for us gamers :)

When you have a 1080p tv but play a game that only supports 720P, does the PS3 force your telly to run in 720p or is it only the PS3 that will output to 720 and the tv upscales to 1080p?

I'm pretty sure mine is PS3 720p -> 1080p TV = 720p no upscaling, the TV resolution changes but I have no idea whether it's still upscaling to 1080p because it still looks lovely.

Hmm but surely if your TV's native res is 1080p and the PS3 forces it to run at 720p it will look less nice because you're forcing the TV to run at a resolution which is not its Native res?

Possibly, but it still looks lovely to me. Mind you, I'm playing through what is supposedly the shit version of Bioshock at the moment and it looks ;) to me, so my res-detecting eyes could just be bolloxed.

If your TV is 1080p, and the PS3 game only runs at 720p, the TV (assuming it's a panel with 1080 lines of resolution) will scale that to 1080p, otherwise it'd be running it in a 720-pixel window in the centre of your screen. Depending on the telly and its scaler, that'll look nice or nasty (Meh's apparently looks awful, a lot of others are fine.) 360 does it the other way, and the console scales it and the TV displays what it's given natively.

I'm incredibly anal about such things. Also input lag, finally caved in and ordered a new HD Telly, the Sony Bravia 5500V. Supposedly one of the best when it comes to having no input lag but I'm still not totally convinced.

If your TV is 1080p, and the PS3 game only runs at 720p, the TV (assuming it's a panel with 1080 lines of resolution) will scale that to 1080p, otherwise it'd be running it in a 720-pixel window in the centre of your screen.

Sadly, that's exactly what my HDMI monitor does - 720p runs with borders all the way around. Does mean I can tell exactly what resolution things are running at with ease, mind ;)

If your TV is 1080p, and the PS3 game only runs at 720p, the TV (assuming it's a panel with 1080 lines of resolution) will scale that to 1080p, otherwise it'd be running it in a 720-pixel window in the centre of your screen. Depending on the telly and its scaler, that'll look nice or nasty (Meh's apparently looks awful, a lot of others are fine.) 360 does it the other way, and the console scales it and the TV displays what it's given natively.

Well that's what I thought, but according to internet people (Meh) it should look like shit when it does this, but it doesn't (to me) so I had my tiny eyes doubts

I went by reviews and users comments on forums. What else could I have done? The 5500V is not for sale anymore in stores in Belgium. They only sell the newest 100hz TV's here and those are horrible when it comes to input lag according to reports so my only option was to go for an older TV model..

Eek: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony...iverpool-studio

Sony Computer Entertainment has revealed that it is in the process of restructuring its Liverpool studio following "project prioritisation" by the Worldwide Studios division.

No details have been released on the number of posts affected, but GamesIndustry.biz understands that the company will look to relocate staff to other studios where possible - but that some redundancies may be necessary.

It is thought that discussions with staff have taken place today - the full public statement is as follows:

"It has been decided that production on a number of projects within Studio Liverpool will cease immediately due to project prioritisation. Our North West Studio Group has been and will continue to be a vital cog in the WWS family, with a history of producing genre defining games such as MotorStorm, WipEout, Formula 1 and WRC and this decision will have no impact of the role that the North West Studio Group will play in the future of all PlayStation platforms."