A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

Anyone feel like game sharing Final Fight? :P I'm broke.

It doesn't work man - you can only play it on the account you downloaded from. And if you do play it on another ps3 - you need to wait 24 hours before you can play it on a different ps3.

Bought Abe. Looks like someone took a big turn on my screen :lol: Dear god this looks bad on my TV and sounds really muffled.

It's still a brilliant game.

I've been hunting for Quiz World this weekend too, tried about 20 game shops, no luck. I bet I find it in about 5 mins online now..

Edit: Maybe not then. Anyone have one for sale?

Bought Abe. Looks like someone took a big turn on my screen :o Dear god this looks bad on my TV and sounds really muffled.

It's still a brilliant game.

I've been hunting for Quiz World this weekend too, tried about 20 game shops, no luck. I bet I find it in about 5 mins online now..

Edit: Maybe not then. Anyone have one for sale?

If you find anyone selling them can you give me a heads up? Ta

edit: found a place selling it. PM'd you.

http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

It's free and dead easy to set up.

Seconded. Very good app.

Just a quick question; I tried to play some video content today and it was quite jerky - it might have been because it was HD (or certainly high quality). Are there any specific settings I can change to improve things? I'm not too fussed about output quality as long as it's passable.

Just a quick question; I tried to play some video content today and it was quite jerky - it might have been because it was HD (or certainly high quality). Are there any specific settings I can change to improve things? I'm not too fussed about output quality as long as it's passable.

I have no trouble playing most stuff over wireless using PS3MS, even streamed mkv files, but the one thing that trips it up is xvid/divx compressed files whenever there's a complex scene. Fast running water with highlights, smoke or distant crowd scenes all the sort of things where the compression has to work harder cause the stream to stutter and freeze.

I tend to copy problem video files over to the PS3 when this happens, this would stop mkvs playing obviously but I never have issues with them for some reason.

If you're using wireless and transcoding try a few different types of file to see if you get similar problems to mine. I always thought HD files would be worse than the xvids (so I didn't download them for ages) but I was surprised this wasn't the case.

EDIT: That's probably the most useless 'help' ever, but I hope it makes some sense - I'm a little tired!

Now that my launch PS3 has died, can I just swap out the hard drive from it (its a 60 gig) and put it another phat?

Is it as easy as it sounds? Will my gamertag and saves transfer over to the new phat?

Depends, if the issue was your HDD that obviously own't work :blah: if it was just the console dying in theory it should be ok.

You should get your installs and save games as they're on the HDD. Not your ID though, however you should get all this info back from just signing in on the new machine, anything youve synced to the PSN servers should still be linked to your ID. I'm not 100% on trophies though, this might just be saved on your flash memory.

Depends, if the issue was your HDD that obviously own't work :coffee: if it was just the console dying in theory it should be ok.

You should get your installs and save games as they're on the HDD. Not your ID though, however you should get all this info back from just signing in on the new machine, anything youve synced to the PSN servers should still be linked to your ID. I'm not 100% on trophies though, this might just be saved on your flash memory.

Dude! That's a whole big load of wrong right there! ;-)

HDDs are linked to console, swapping them over will result in the new PS3 insisting on a reformat before it can use it. Trophies are synced online with your PSN, so they will be fine.

Dude! That's a whole big load of wrong right there! ;-)

HDDs are linked to console, swapping them over will result in the new PS3 insisting on a reformat before it can use it. Trophies are synced online with your PSN, so they will be fine.

ah yes...its been a year or so since i swapped mine over, i seem to remember something like that. Is it possible to back uo anything up on the HDD without the inbuilt feature on the PS3?

ah yes...its been a year or so since i swapped mine over, i seem to remember something like that. Is it possible to back uo anything up on the HDD without the inbuilt feature on the PS3?

Nope. What with Sony being relatively open in other areas, this is proper rubbish.

Hopefully have my first ever playstation console (a ps3 slim 120) in the next week! CAN'T WAIT.

I'm gonna be picking up my first ever GTA game (IV, Platinum) and Fifa 10. Then after that I will look at DJ Hero and Red Dead Redemption.

How out of date am I? Is GTA IV gonna kick my ass for being a noob?

What are the best PSN downloads? And is Play TV worthwhile?

Hopefully have my first ever playstation console (a ps3 slim 120) in the next week! CAN'T WAIT.

I'm gonna be picking up my first ever GTA game (IV, Platinum) and Fifa 10. Then after that I will look at DJ Hero and Red Dead Redemption.

How out of date am I? Is GTA IV gonna kick my ass for being a noob?

What are the best PSN downloads? And is Play TV worthwhile?

Personally I think you need to get some of the better PS3 exclusives on your want list. Also, GTA IV bored me to big salty tears back when I first played it. I want to get back into it, but personally I've always felt Sants Row 2 was more "fun".

Buy WipEout HD and Fury though. They're grrrreat.

GTA IV is still fucking awesome, picked up the episodes last week and surprised how much I'm enjoying them as I did buy TLAD for 360 when it came out and couldn't interest myself in it. It was probably too soon after I'd completed it.

Play TV is pretty sweet for the money, yes.