A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

Right, I think that now my phat is dead, that i'll treat myself to a new slim.

Will I be able to recover my profile and re-download any games I've purchased online (eg wipeout HD) eithout paying again?

Yes.

Just create a new user profile and log in with your existing email and password. Go to your download history, redownload everything.

Hopefully have my first ever playstation console (a ps3 slim 120) in the next week! CAN'T WAIT.

I'm gonna be picking up my first ever GTA game (IV, Platinum) and Fifa 10. Then after that I will look at DJ Hero and Red Dead Redemption.

How out of date am I? Is GTA IV gonna kick my ass for being a noob?

What are the best PSN downloads? And is Play TV worthwhile?

be prepared for a terribly underwhelming and frustrating experience, especially if you are used to xbox live

be prepared for a terribly underwhelming and frustrating experience, especially if you are used to xbox live

Geez, let's not rain on his parade too much here. The PSN is FINE, and the price is right. For all we know he doesn't even give a monkeys about online gaming. And some of the PSN and platform exclusive games are great.

Just connected a USB headset to my PS3, for SSF4.

Hearing your own voice back to you's really distracting. Any idea if you can switch that off, so you only hear other people?

It's either guff voice comms in game, your headset, or someone on the other end having their headset up too loud.

Yep, here's the complete list of updates.

* Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]

o Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)

o Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)

o Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/04/22/...oftware-update/

It's a mandatory update. :)

Na, he's completely right. My first couple of days with the machine were really frustrating. Saying that, it made me appreciate my 360 a bit more. :)

Probably because you're used to 360 and NXE though. Coming to NXE from the PS3 XMB, and the 360 can appear very disorganised and laborious to navigate. Both are fine once you use them for a bit.

I assume he's referring to the plethora of updates, larger downloads and extra button presses that accompany the online portion of the PS3 experience compared to the Xbox equivalents. You do get used to them but they are unquestionably worse.

Yeah that's the same exp I had. The XMB was unquestionably cleaner and nicer than the 360 fisher price dash at the time I bought mine, but all that stuff you mentioned sort of took away from the clean and simple feel of the look of the thing due to all the headache with all the practical stuff. But yeah once you get used to it, it's actually completely usable. Annoying, but usable.

Yup, After Burner climax will be had on arrival. ;)

Also, what is SCEE's obsession with putting Disney PSone games on the PS Store. I imagine Disney must be one of the few publishers granting them permission to do this, but with stuff like EA's and Sony's own healthy back catalogue of PSone games, it's eye watering to see such dreck populate the PSOne section of the store, when it could be full of stuff like Roll Cage, Colony Wars, Resident Evil etc. A real missed opportunity IMO.

Probably because you're used to 360 and NXE though. Coming to NXE from the PS3 XMB, and the 360 can appear very disorganised and laborious to navigate. Both are fine once you use them for a bit.
I assume he's referring to the plethora of updates, larger downloads and extra button presses that accompany the online portion of the PS3 experience compared to the Xbox equivalents. You do get used to them but they are unquestionably worse.

Yep. The XMB is much much nicer than the NXE. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's not very well suited to my 4:3 TV, but that'll be because I'm used to having it in widescreen on the PSP.

Now I've got a problem with my PS3.

The latest update locked up at 39% and I was forced to switch it off at the mains.

Now when I switch it on I get the green light for a few seconds then it switches itself off (no video output either).

Anyone else had this? Or (more importantly) know how to fix it?

Or am I going to have to contact customer annoy support?

Edit :- It's fucked, utterly utterly fucked.

The first console I've ever had to stop working.

Oddly, I was always paranoid that a F/W update would knacker it, and the first time I just set it going and wander off, IT DOES.

It's true. It annoyingly wouldn't run the other night for me when my connection was down. I really hope this isn't the start of some Ubisoft style online requirement for PSN games. I'll certainly be reluctant to make as many purchases if it becomes the norm.

Hmmm I'm having an odd problem. I switched on my ps3 earlier to play god of war 3, and I've noticed my friends list has dissappeared.

The only option that appears, is message box. Nothing else.

Anyone had this problem?

Is it actually still connected to the internet when this happens?

My friends list can take a while to pop up whilst it is connecting to the Playstation Network especially since my router seems to dislike it.

Is it actually still connected to the internet when this happens?

My friends list can take a while to pop up whilst it is connecting to the Playstation Network especially since my router seems to dislike it.

Yes, it is. I've been playing it since about 2 o'clock but didnt notice till about 2 hours ago. Then I thought for some reason it must just be in game. But then I quit out and its doing it on the front end.

Its definitely connected to the web, because all the whats new stuff is showing up, and I'm having no problems accessing the playstation store or web browser (and GOW updated when I booted it up).

I thought it might just be taking a while to load, but its been on around 7 hours ;)

Yep. I did it earlier in the week. At least, i'm sure I did....

Obviously I didnt. Just checked and theres new firmware, updated and its back to normal now.

I saw the update the other day, but mustve ignored it as all I wanted to do was watch a movie. D'oh!

Cheers for that kryptonian