A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

Mubi's coming to PS3. Some might know Mubi as The Auteurs, basically an online arthouse cinema platform. It's rather nice and a very welcome addition imo.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/05/18/ps3-mubi-you/

http://mubi.com/home

Just had a look at some of the films on offer, there's some actual classics on there, if the prices are kept as you say they are then it'll be a brilliant addition.

I've just bought a new PS3 Slim, since my fatty died a few weeks ago. What's the easiest way to re-download all of my DLC and stuff? Do I have to go into Singstar/Rockband etc. manually and re-download them all, or is there an option on the store or something to view the things you've previously downloaded?

I'm sure it's one of the options in the top-right corner of the store screen, "View account" or similar, you can see what you've donwloaded and just select it again. Took me a bit of finding recently when I was trying to fathom how to redownload stuff.

Awesome stuff, thanks guys.

How about Singstar songs? They don't come from the store, so I'm guessing they're going to have to be done manually?

They're tied to your old machine and it won't let you redownload them. You'll need to give Sony a ring and get them to reauthorise them for download.

I've just bought a new PS3 Slim, since my fatty died a few weeks ago. What's the easiest way to re-download all of my DLC and stuff? Do I have to go into Singstar/Rockband etc. manually and re-download them all, or is there an option on the store or something to view the things you've previously downloaded?
They're tied to your old machine and it won't let you redownload them. You'll need to give Sony a ring and get them to reauthorise them for download.

I finally did this and got an email the same day saying they would be available within 7 days - will report back, i had songs tied to 2 diff machines so i wasnt holding out hope but Sony said 'maybe' !!!

Mubi's coming to PS3. Some might know Mubi as The Auteurs, basically an online arthouse cinema platform. It's rather nice and a very welcome addition imo.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/05/18/ps3-mubi-you/

http://mubi.com/home

Just by chance I tried visiting the Mubi site on the PS3 the other day and there's a PS3 specific site in place that the PS3 browser automatically re-directs to, a simplified version, same sort of thing as YouTube XL site. The streaming works perfectly and the quality looked fine (although I was watching Grey Gardens which is pretty grainy in the first place), but entering my credit card information was a bit fiddly using a pad and there didn't seem to be an option to save it. Nice in lieu of the downloadable thingy though.

Just by chance I tried visiting the Mubi site on the PS3 the other day and there's a PS3 specific site in place, a simplified version, same sort of thing as YouTube XL site PS3 site. The streaming works perfectly and the quality looked fine (although I was watching Grey Gardens which is pretty grainy in the first place), but entering my credit card information was a bit fiddly using a pad and there didn't seem to be an option to save it. Nice in lieu of the downloadable thingy though.

Are you aware you can use a USB keyboard on the PS3? I use my PC's keyboard if I have to enter a large amount of text.

Now I've got a problem with my PS3.

The latest update locked up at 39% and I was forced to switch it off at the mains.

Now when I switch it on I get the green light for a few seconds then it switches itself off (no video output either).

Anyone else had this? Or (more importantly) know how to fix it?

Or am I going to have to contact customer annoy support?

Edit :- It's fucked, utterly utterly fucked.

The first console I've ever had to stop working.

Oddly, I was always paranoid that a F/W update would knacker it, and the first time I just set it going and wander off, IT DOES.

Aaaaand the replacements knackered, after a whopping 27 days.

Aceness.

Guys, how loud are slims meant to be? I bought on last week but returned it - the noise of the machine just kept going up a level. Very quickly it was very intrusive. I got a replacement and it's even worse. By the time the red dead intro had ended, it sounded like it was about to blow up.

Am I just being paranoid? My mate claims that slims are nigh on silent most of the time.

Guys, how loud are slims meant to be? I bought on last week but returned it - the noise of the machine just kept going up a level. Very quickly it was very intrusive. I got a replacement and it's even worse. By the time the red dead intro had ended, it sounded like it was about to blow up.

Am I just being paranoid? My mate claims that slims are nigh on silent most of the time.

Mines pretty silent, quieter than the Wii and especially more quite than the 360 which sounds like a jet engine going off.

Where are you keeping it? You need to give it a good foot at least of open clearance behind, and modern games consoles don't respond at all well to being in enclosed spaces.

its on a chest of drawers, next to the monitor and speakers. There seems to be a good few inches of space all around it though.

I think i'll try it in the living room tonight, and if it carries on i'll return it, take store credit and give it a few weeks for a new batch to be delivered.

I'm DYING to start Red Dead Redemption too!

My slim is much louder than my fat model, I moved my fat model upstairs into the kids play room so they can play thier PS2 games on it but I'm beginning to think about swapping them back. A little bit of humming I can take but the noise level while watch films is just irratating, and when playing Just Cause 2 it sounds like it's trying to eat the disc and blow it out the back.

It's a shame that headsets aren't as widely used on the PS3 as they are XBOX Live.

True, but I've found that few people use them on the 360 nowadays too. At least compared with two years ago.

Eurogamer announced a few weeks ago that there was a newer iteration of the PS3 that is cooler. How do I ensure that's the one I get? Can I check a number on the box or something?

Are slim models getting louder? I exchanged a faulty 6 month old one the other week which was nigh on silent, the replacement is a lot louder. Not 360 loud but still unacceptable in my opinion.

The old one was so quiet that when it went wrong, I wondered if the fans ( if they have any) had not been working and it had overheated.