A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

No, they won't. You need a Canadian PSN account but it's pretty much the same as the US store.

I suspected as much. Do I have to set up a completely new account or would changing the adress on my US PSN account to a Canadian one do the trick ?

edit: nevermind, forgot you can't change the country part in your adress, so yeah, would mean setting up a new account.

www.hdmoviesource.com did PSN cards with no delivery charge last time I ordered from them though that was a while ago. You changed something during checkout to make the delivery $0

Yeah, I know about hdmoviesource. It would seem that they were bothered with people only buying PSN cards though, cause I checked the psn cards page today and it says that in order to purchase those you now need to have been a member for over two months and have orders to your name. Which is no big thing but is kinda bothering me as it's akin to forced sales. Plus, it kinda irks me that they charge slightly higher than the real price for the cards whereas VG+ does them at the exact price.

Yeah, I know about hdmoviesource. It would seem that they were bothered with people only buying PSN cards though, cause I checked the psn cards page today and it says that in order to purchase those you now need to have been a member for over two months and have orders to your name. Which is no big thing but is kinda bothering me as it's akin to forced sales. Plus, it kinda irks me that they charge slightly higher than the real price for the cards whereas VG+ does them at the exact price.

Bloody HD Movie Source. I tried to buy a PSN $20 card with them last week but they decided I was 'at risk', even though the money went out of my account, and they refunded the money. They then asked me to make a 'test purchase' for $0.99 so I did that and my building society saw it as suspicious behaviour and blocked my card.

So HDMS didn't accept a payment that went through, got my card blocked and then refused to deal with me - actually they will accept my Entropay but I told them to stuff their business. I went with http://maximuscards.com/ in the end, it cost about £17 for $20 but I got the code straight away.

Canadian PSN and a VG+ card next I reckon.

No, they won't. You need a Canadian PSN account but it's pretty much the same as the US store.

That's weird, because I have Canadian versions of all the Rock Band games but I buy songs from the US store, not the Canadian store, and they work fine. I've even redeemed the export codes inside the box (of the Canadian versions) on the US store.

Although I guess redeeming codes on PSN credit is a different matter since they'd be in Canadian dollars not US dollars. <_<

That's weird, because I have Canadian versions of all the Rock Band games but I buy songs from the US store, not the Canadian store, and they work fine. I've even redeemed the export codes inside the box (of the Canadian versions) on the US store.

Although I guess redeeming codes on PSN credit is a different matter since they'd be in Canadian dollars not US dollars. <_<

That's what I was thinking as well. I have a canadian version of Rock Band 2 as well and bought the songs from the US store too, but that's probably because US and Canadian games are both considered as NA versions without distinction (outside of the requirement to have a french manual and sleeve in the canadian one, that is).

Anyone know why the PSN is going down today from 1600, is it something really really exciting?

Seems an odd time to pick, unless it's a global thing rather than just Europe.

Its global according to the bloke on the eu blog. Its only the stores too online play should still be fine.

Do I have to set up a completely new account or would changing the adress on my US PSN account to a Canadian one do the trick ?

You'll need a whole new account. Not tried it in a while but I'm pretty sure you can't change the country of an account. Annoying as my main account's now locked to the US.

Even though nobody will give a fuck, here's my personal FF chart:

VI/VII----->XII-->V->IV----------------------->X---->IX----------------------------------------------------------------------------------->VII

Looking forward to finding out where XIII is going to end up for me :D

Edit: I didn't include XI because that's not a FF game, and I didn't include I-III because I never played them back in the day.

I really hope that last VII is actually VIII in which case that looks like my list, though there might be a bigger distance to VIII

Although I guess redeeming codes on PSN credit is a different matter since they'd be in Canadian dollars not US dollars. :D

I know, it's bizarre. I've bought the US collector's edition of Street Fighter IV but redeemed the codes fine on my Canadian account. I didn't even realise there was a difference until I tried buying some PSN cards.

And as a general note, you can't change the address on your PSN to another country, you will need a whole new account. Which is why I have like 4. :D

I need to get a new DualShock 3 and i quite fancy a white or red one.

Can anyone recommend a good reliable stockist that dont charge around 40 quid for one?!

I got a red one last year from the ridiculously-named 'Enterplayment':

http://www.enterplayment.com/games/sony-pl...ml?currency=GBP

Although it's now £30... it was closer to £25 when I bought it. Still cheaper than most places though.

I have tried to buy Joe Danger and got an error after I clicked purchase, now I'm just getting error after error when trying to get into the PSN store... :facepalm:

I was getting that but restarting my PS3 did the trick - it was telling me that the Store wasn't available in my region? Still got loads of errors but it downloaded eventualy.

The UK store's awful, latest example being the 3D stuff this week. On the US store, you can download the 3D demos of Wipeout, Stardust and Motorstorm for free, along with the Pain 3D add-on being free too.

On the UK store you have to buy everything in a bundle costing £24, regardless of whether you've already got or don't care for any of the above. Bloody cheek.