Games that never arrived

Asura

Guest alisdair

I'm still waiting on Starfox 2 for the SNES. I'm starting to think it's never going to be released now though...

Didn't they put most of the good ideas from the game into Starfox Command anyway?

Vectorman on the PS2.

vectorman_2.jpg

This pissed me off as I really enjoyed the Megadrive one. Apparantly it was canned partly because Vectorman looked too much like Master Chief...which is a bit of a stupid reason if you ask me. Besides, surely they could have made one or two small alterations?

MOTHER 3!!!

Wasn't ever planned for GC as far as I know, I've spent a fair bit of time over at Starmen and followed 64dd projects and their mates quite carefully and never heard anything to that effect.

Mother 3 is out on the GBA now though isn't it? I've lost track of EB stuff recently, is it the same game or a totally new one with just the name?

They may have found the original btw.

Didn't they put most of the good ideas from the game into Starfox Command anyway?

If those were the good ideas then maybe they shouldn't have bothered, and we should be relieved our love of Starfox wasn't sullied before the seminal N64 incarnation.

It's one of those few times when you do want a rehash, instead of Nintendo trying to do something clever. Then again, I would say emphatically that there is no way to get it to work with the dual-screen setup, short of view/stats, so please Nintendo, give us a PROPER Starfox game next time.

MOTHER 3!!!

Wasn't ever planned for GC as far as I know, I've spent a fair bit of time over at Starmen and followed 64dd projects and their mates quite carefully and never heard anything to that effect.

Mother 3 is out on the GBA now though isn't it? I've lost track of EB stuff recently, is it the same game or a totally new one with just the name?

They may have found the original btw.

Yeh, totally different game the GBA version.

Would be interested to play the N64 version if it does leak...

I thought it was shelved as it would never be finished in time of the N64s life, then people claimed it would move to GC. No idea if it did or not...

Oh yes, Gun Valkyrie on Dreamcast. Controller and lightgun combined you say?!?! Yes please.

Starcraft Ghost

Kept making an appearance every E3 but alas never came out.

StarCraft_Ghost.Screenshot.Nova_shooting_down.jpg

Last news on it really was that it was "coming in 2007 to Next-Gen consoles." according to the 2005 Blizzard catalogue but we'd have heard something by now.

:P

The multiplayer was the only good thing about that (and that has since been surpassed anyway), the main game was pretty average, from what I played. Blizzard were probably right to can it.

I'm still waiting for an updated Syndicate Wars that was rumoured.

Half Life Dreamcast. It was ready to go but never went out, I think. There are finished copies floating around.

Corrected.

However, due to the nature of FPSs (and any called Half-Life), it certainly wouldn't thrill anyone much if played now. It's aged dreadfully, especially against the improvements made in the sequel.

And the DC version was the same. :P

I'm still waiting on Starfox 2 for the SNES. I'm starting to think it's never going to be released now though...

That essentially turned into Star Fox on the DS. Pretty much everything was moved from the snes one to this, and tarted up.

Also:

vgs-4.gif

vgs-1.gif

Kimba The White Lion on N64