IGNORED

Games that never arrived

Asura

I first read about Halo in a Dreamcast magazine.

What was the Mario 3D game on the SNES? Did it eventually become Mario 64?

Indeed it was. It used an even better of the Super FX chip but due to the cost, the near shelf life of the SNES and other technical problems it was advised to be moved as a devlopemtn title on the n64. Thank fuck they did.

I know the one, but there was more than one released:

riqa1.jpg

This the one you're thinking of, right?

riqa2.jpg

It didn't end up as Stolen, but Rogue Ops on PS2. Same developers, familiar lead.

Looks like Mission Impossible:Operation Sumatra or whatever it was called...

quote name='dam_aks' date='Dec 29 2006, 11:22 PM' post='3663987']

Oh yes, Gun Valkyrie on Dreamcast. Controller and lightgun combined you say?!?! Yes please.

How was that going to work? It was already awkward to control, though great once you "got" it.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

01.jpg

I'd hazard a guess that from any other angle, that'd look nowhere near as good.

Just remembered another canned GameCube game - Raven Blade. I think the Metroid Prime people (Retro Studios) were doing it. Or was it the Eternal Darkness developers?

It was Retro. They were supposedly working on quite a few games at the time. They were all canned apart from Metroid.

I first read about Halo in a Dreamcast magazine.

What was the Mario 3D game on the SNES? Did it eventually become Mario 64?

It'd be nice to see that running or at least have some screenshots, just to see how well they managed on the good old SNES.

First page, Velos:

Dead Phoenix. Looked great that did.

The Dreamland Chronicles: Freedom Ridge for the PS2. I read about this back when the PS2 was only out (if even that). Turn based strategy inspired by X-Com: Enemy Unknown.

And then it disappeared. Apparently it became UFO: Aftermath for the PC.

I'm not sure about that. Dreamland Chronicles was a Gollop project. Mythos had nothing to do with the dreadful UFO Aftermath at all.

Last Ninja 4. Back in the day, I was considering getting a PS1 for RE2 but it was only when I read Edge’s write up on System 3 and their plans for Last Ninja 4 did I take the plunge. We’ve been through two generations of hardware since and still nothing :)

It's due to come out on the Wii next year now.

I'm still not convinced that ever actually existed on normal GBC hardware in playable form. I think it was always mockups.

There's a partially completed ROM dump of it around.

Half Life Dreamcast. It was ready to go but never went out, I think. There are preview copies floating around.

It's finished and not that hard to get hold of. The conversion is very good, better than the ps2 one.

Would be interested to play the N64 version if it does leak...

I thought it was shelved as it would never be finished in time of the N64s life, then people claimed it would move to GC. No idea if it did or not...

Some guy over at Assembler has found some dev discs that may or may not be it and he's spent the last few months trying to drum up all the equiptment to see what the hell is on them. It was canned a long time before the end of the 64's life, it wasn't scheduled as a cart game for long before being cancelled, having been changed from a DD game.

Just remembered another canned GameCube game - Raven Blade. I think the Metroid Prime people (Retro Studios) were doing it. Or was it the Eternal Darkness developers?

They had to can everything they were doing to get Metroid finished. It's a chame, I thought Raven Blade looked quite cool.