IGNORED

Colin Mcrae for the 360

Hello Goaty ♥

I loved the PSone games to death but even though I have all of the Xbox versions of Cm nothing really lived up to those first games.

Rallisport on the other hand was top notch.A 360 version would be most appreciated here.

Shame they havent got the BC sorthed for the second game.Although I havent Rallisport on the 360.Is it playable?

Urgh, I hope it's nothing like the last one and more like Colin 04, which was one of the best in the series.

I'd prefer a bit of Rallisport 3 action though, any news on this? :D

EA bought DICE remember and are probably making more Battlefield games until their hands bleed. I want a RS3 too but I can't see it happening :)

I hope codemasters maximise the xbox live points system by offering a full suite of downloadable unlocks using a competitive pricing structure. I feel this would complement the tips line, text-a-tip help systems and other innovative revenue streams they have been at the forefront of.

Or they could just stop being such dicks.

I hope it really looks like that!

Motorstorm/10

I loved the PSone games to death but even though I have all of the Xbox versions of Cm nothing really lived up to those first games.

This.

Codemasters dude, is it much like the original CMR? There's never been another one as good as that.

I spoke to one of the guys working on it at Goodwood FOS this year at the Dirt stand that Codemasters had put on, nice chap (sorry I forget the name, to many Pimms with the Rensport ladies that day) and he knew his rally stuff inside out and even recognised me for the nobody journeyman driver that I used to be!

I came away with high hopes for the game and thought the Edge stuff was promising so am really looking forward to this one!

Its coming along very nicely thanks :(

Don't know what else I can say really! But yeah - have a read of the preview in the latest Edge. They came round very recently, so its a pretty up to date write-up of how its looking at the moment.

The Edge preview was a good read and sounds promising. Game don't look too bad either!

cmrd2.jpg

Codemasters dude, is it much like the original CMR? There's never been another one as good as that.

Structure-wise it is quite different - but nicely so, if I do say so myself. I think a lot of people were/are quite worried that we just want to use Dirt to turn the series into an off road Race Driver clone and forget about the rallying entirely, but thats not the case at all. Proper rallying takes up a substantial chunk of the game, and there are game modes designed so that you can avoid all the multi-car stuff entirely if you so wish (not that you should though - the CORR truck/buggy events in particular are ace).

Gameplay wise - not sure, really - CMR has always been a bit more accessible than stuff like Richard Burns or Rallycross Challenge, and I think we're trying to keep that true at some level. Its flexible though - theres always the option to ramp up the realism if you want more of a challenge. Its hard to compare generally though - we've built it from the ground up for the next gen platforms and, now that we're two hardware generations on from the PS1, things like the handling and physics systems have an insane amount of depth to them that just wasn't possible before. Whether you prefer that or not is probably quite subjective - I imagine you'll just need to play (read: BUY!) it to see :lol:

A bloke on a developer forum got fired from Codemasters after admitting the screenshots were faked.

On what terms would such a firing be based on? Breach of the NDA? Sounds bloody harsh... I think i'd give up work and spend the rest of my life trying to bring that company down.

A bloke on a developer forum got fired from Codemasters after admitting the screenshots were faked.

Thats just ridculous. It just makes me ever more cynical when we see the BS pics in mags like Edge.

:ph34r:

A real fucking shame. I actually really enjoyed the Race Driver series (apart from the physics - but there was lots of cars and some fairly, i thought, decent AI).

As another Codemasters Bod, i'd like to point out that most of the CM:Dirt shots we've put out so far haven't been labelled by us as "screenshots" because we didn't want to be accused of being misleading. however some sites reporting on the released images don't notice the distinction.