2007 Gaming Predictions

Sigourney Beaver

Players of Super Mario Galaxy will be split into three neat groups - 49.5% will say it's better than Super Mario 64 and not stop gushing about it, 49.5% will say it's the worst platformer ever and not stop moaning about, and the remaining 1% will say "Yeah, it's alright".

S.T.A.L.K.E.R will be released on February (March at the latest).

Duke Nukem Forever won't be released this year.

Google will finally enter in (casual) games market somehow.

New updated versions of DS and PSP will be announced.

MGS4->2008 (PAL)

Resident Evil 5->2008 (PAL)

Wii to have surprisingly little thirdparty support for the first half of the year in spite of selling like chocolate coated crack cocaine

PC wags making comments like "With Vista, the PCs are as easy to use as a console, so console gaming's obsolete now"

New version of the PSP announced

Nintendo will reveal they are actually a business, out to make money, and not your best friend.

There will be widespread panic as a result.

Considering Nintendo have made more money out of different colour Gameboys, Gameboy Advances and DS's, surely there can't be that many folk out there who don't think they're as ruthless as they come in the business world...

Not having a go at them, but boy they know how to flog hand held machines...

Quake Wars will finally be released and be shit. I'm saying this now because I previously hailed it as the Next Big Thing that would slap the faces of the next-gen whores and PC naysayers, but id are doubtless going to fuck up somewhere. :(:(

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 will make up for a crappy PC situation.

360 will remain the weapon of choice for most due to a large range of software and a nice price drop.

Sony will finally get their arse in gear and drop the price of the PSP months after I decided I couldn't be arsed waiting and got a DS instead. :(

Wii will end up with as many ill-advised franchises and licenses as the DS already has, and so - like the handheld - it won't be the Great Saviour of Gaming Innovation everyone wants it to be.

edit: oops, typo. Unless Sony do sell PCP...

Microsoft will announce/release a revised 360, with built in HDDVD and WiFi support, and a quiet slot loading DVD drive - all bundled with Halo 3, (which will be a return to form) for £199.99.

Sony will continue to reap bad press, until October/November next year, when they will sell PS3 for £350. HDDVD's release schedule will look bleak as hell and suddenly PS3's Blu-Ray playback will start to look bargainlicious to the growing HDTV owning masses. The next gen's "big thing" will likely come along and fall right into Sony's Christmas line up. A redesigned PSP will likely see a release in Japan and/or America by Christmas, and it will likely sport a more robust physical form, more PDA like functionality and the analogue nub will be replaced with something more comfortable.

Nintendo will replicate the DS's success with the Wii, becoming a true mainstream breakthrough machine, Batallion Wars 2 will be released - I will be happy :( . The DS will continue to print money.

Microsoft will announce/release a revised 360, with built in HDDVD and WiFi support, and a quiet slot loading DVD drive - all bundled with Halo 3, (which will be a return to form) for £199.99.

Sony will continue to reap bad press, until October/November next year, when they will sell PS3 for £350.

:(

Good ones, Robo! Especially the PS3 price!

qazimod: I don't think id are actually developing Quake Wars.

:(

Good ones, Robo! Especially the PS3 price!

What, 75 quid loss to get Blu-Ray and PS3 established. Peanuts in the bigger picture mate, and they knocked a chunk off it in Japan just before launch, so it's hardly out of the question. No need for the sarky smiley :( ... :(

Wii will cement its position in the early part of the new year as the hot new toy, but then stall due to games drought. PS3 will go nowhere fast.

My big predictions are that at least three large UK developers will go out of business over the course of the year as publishers cancel next-gen projects suddenly, leaving those companies with large staffs and no work.

I similarly think that at least one mid-sized publisher will collapse or near to. Atari are obvious, but I'm think it more likely that Take Two will fall over and end up shedding people and/or divisions.

Nintendo will release about two games this year, with a six month gap between them.

Sony will continue to get raped by Microsoft and will cease to dominate the videogame market.

Gran Turismo HD will have no online, no damage and retarded AI..

GTA 4 will be amazing!!

Stalker will be the best FPS gaming experience in years.

The European release date for the PS3 will be pushed back yet again (not that I care).

Episodic gaming will die a well earned death.

Someone will work out how to decrypt the track files in RACE!

Vast piles of steaming crap will be available to purchase on all formats.

I'll be 40 :(