IGNORED

getting at N64

xtremeboat

How does the N64 hold up nowadays? I was gonna get a Wii but decided to hold off for a while, the thought of reliving Mario 64, Goldeneye, No Mercy, ISS etc is too good to pass up on. I've not played on one for years, recently I've been using Dreamcast, PS2 and GC. Will my eyes bleed??

Yeah, going back to my n64's OOT was a bit of a shock to the (eye) system but after a while you get used to it.

I have an urge to play Wetrix which I only played when I rented uit from Blockbuster yonks ago.

Games wise, get zelda, Banjo kazooie, goldeneye and conkers bfd if you havent played the xbox one.

Playing an N64 on a CRT,especially a portable is great fun.Its only when you try to play it on a plasma that I find it hurts my eyes.

I dusted down my RGB modded N64 over Christmas and had a good blast on Jet Force Gemini over Christmas.

Fair brought a nostalgic tear to my eye.Come on Nintendo VC that game

I was gonna put quite a few N64 games in my Trading thread (SM64, Goldeneye, 007: TWINE, the 2 Zeldas games, Body Harvest, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Jet Force Gemini, Excitebike 64, Conker's, Blast Corps, SW: SOTE, SW: Rogue Squadron, Pilotwings 64, 1080, Ridge Racer 64, Quake II, Command & Conquer, Wave Race 64) but I was under the impression that they're worth sod all these days so I haven't yet bothered.

If they're PAL then yeah, the ain't worth too much unless they're in minty boxes like. Rare's stuff usually fetches a nice price. If your C&C is nice, I'll give you a fiver + postage for it :)

I love the N64, probably my favourite console out of the lot. Actually, it's mostly just a handful of games but there you go. Can't beat Starfox '64 and a bit of F-Zero X, Wave Race from time to time. There are a lot of good multiplayer games too.