Burnout Paradise

19 minutes ago, deKay said:

"The few countries". The ONLY major country where it isn't the fastest selling is the UK, and even here it's the PS2 and not the Wii that holds that title.

Overall, worldwide, it's the fastest selling.

That's not being a fanboy, that's just actual sales figures.

Well, you can prove anything with facts can’t you?

16 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I love the Switch and happy it's doing well. I haven't seen the sales figures, but I would also agree with Kirby because it hasn't had the kind of word-of-mouth must-have fervour that I saw with the Wii. Everyone knew what a Wii was, people were paying £500 for one at Xmas. Coverage on the news and featuring in soaps etc. The Wii was a cultural phenomenon. My impression would therefore be that the Wii sold faster than Switch. But that could very well be wrong.

Ah, but the £500 thing was because no bugger could get hold of one because they were scarce. I dare say it'd have been even faster selling if they had more stock to actually sell. Plus it came out just before Christmas, which just compounded things.

The Switch had more stock and was released in March, so didn't have that issue (although it was still pretty scarce anyway...)

ANYWAY.

No Switch version of Burnout Paradise sucks. Not least because even if the Switch couldn't handle 4K, it could easily outperform the original 360/PS3 version so it'd still be worthwhile.

I remember playing this when it first came out and the presentation of that opening first five minutes was just awesome. The Guns n Roses theme just worked so well. It's a cracking game and I'd happily buy it again but only on the Switch. Both Xbox and PS4 have a load of good driving games already whereas the Switch doesn't. This is just the right type of driving game for the Switch.

I'd prefer a remaster of Excite Truck on the Switch but this would certainly do.... sales arguments and winning debates?! WTF @Kirby - who gives a shit about that.

13 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

There isn't a Switch owner in existence who wouldn't instantly buy Outrun 2. Imagine Outrun, 2, and 2006 in one release? They could charge me whatever they wanted for that package, and I'd get it in half a heartbeat.

An Outrun collection would be DOPE !

10 hours ago, womblingfree said:

I would swap a bollock for a 60fps Hot Pursuit remaster. A bollock I say!

The 2010 game? Still play it occasionally, mainly multiplayer. Looks great still! There is also a mod/patch to enable a bunch of new tracks. Can''t remember but that might have been a HD graphics MOD too. A new NFS in this style for the switch would be an instant purchase.

1 hour ago, Purin said:

The original is backwards compatible and was in Games with Gold wasn't it?

Does the online bit still work and is populated? I might just play that this weekend.

Ah ha! Yes it is.... Just checked my Xbox account and sure enough I have  Burnout Paradise on there. Think its the basic version but still good for a blast.... Luckily still have my 360 to fire up... :)

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

Might pick this up on the PC again... Had it on the PS3 in the day... Anyone have the PC version? Noticed the Ultimate Box is on steam for £10....

This 4K texture pack version is coming to PC later so you might prefer to wait for that one as they are finally going to bring the missing DLC to the PC version too, of course, it ain't going to cost £10 though and will probably have higher system requirements too.

10 minutes ago, mushashi said:

This 4K texture pack version is coming to PC later so you might prefer to wait for that one as they are finally going to bring the missing DLC to the PC version too, of course, it ain't going to cost £10 though and will probably have higher system requirements too.

True... Think the plan is now to hammer BP on the 360 again... then if I enjoy buy the enhanced PC version when that comes out....

4 hours ago, Purin said:

The original is backwards compatible and was in Games with Gold wasn't it?

Does the online bit still work and is populated? I might just play that this weekend.

If the remaster comes with all DLC, including Big Surf Island, which frankly it should by this point, it would trump a BC original.

Installed the BC version on my Xbox One last night, didn't actually play (Monster Hunting), but I've got the old Xbox 360 webcam lying about somewhere. I'm really hoping it works with the Xbox One for all the takedown photo shennanigans. I wonder if that function will be in the remaster?

On 21/02/2018 at 09:27, deKay said:

It's open world with everything open from the off, so a demo might not really work.

The 360 version had a demo. But even though I doubt it took a huge amount of work for the developers to lock out all the stuff that they didn't want accessible in that demo, it's probably not worth them doing the same just for a budget rerelease.

4 hours ago, Purin said:

Installed the BC version on my Xbox One last night, didn't actually play (Monster Hunting), but I've got the old Xbox 360 webcam lying about somewhere. I'm really hoping it works with the Xbox One for all the takedown photo shennanigans. I wonder if that function will be in the remaster?

The camera stuff won't be in the remaster, not the ps4 version at least.  According to a response on the blog from someone at EA...

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/20/burnout-paradise-gets-a-ps4-remaster-march-16/